Official 2021 Offseason Discussion Thread

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
he definitely gets more steals and blocks than rose, not that that’s everything defensively. But he also had a slight edge in defensive win shares over rose last year as well. And again, he’s a decade younger than rose...my money is on Lonzo to get better not rose
Well yeah lol…that’s a no brainer. Rose will soon decline and lonzo at the least will stay at a similar output. I’m not sure he improves getting his own shot and finishing in the paint, and that’s really his biggest weakness. If the money is right, I’d love it. He’s not a guy I’d want to overpay though. His impact doesn’t warrant it

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well yeah lol…that’s a no brainer. Rose will soon decline and lonzo at the least will stay at a similar output. I’m not sure he improves getting his own shot and finishing in the paint, and that’s really his biggest weakness. If the money is right, I’d love it. He’s not a guy I’d want to overpay though. His impact doesn’t warrant it

right, but Lonzo is already the better defender, better spot up shooter, better passer, and is going to get better over the next couple years. The only thing rose does better is penetrate a defense, and that’s a trait the bulls don’t really need...they have guys that can do that already. What the bulls need is someone to distribute the basketball to those guys

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Bulls were more ready to make noise in the playoffs right now, Rose might not be a bad option since at that point we'd be looking at short term improvement. That's not the case we're in. Technically, from a fit perspective Lonzo has what the Bulls want on paper, not that Rose doesn't skill wise, but the age thing is going to be a factor.

Though if the Bulls are looking for stop gaps, then technically Rose would fit (though career wise he may still look elsewhere), or you look at a guy like Jeremy Lin who does a lot of the same things and has nothing to lose

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls were more ready to make noise in the playoffs right now, Rose might not be a bad option since at that point we'd be looking at short term improvement. That's not the case we're in. Technically, from a fit perspective Lonzo has what the Bulls want on paper, not that Rose doesn't skill wise, but the age thing is going to be a factor.

Though if the Bulls are looking for stop gaps, then technically Rose would fit (though career wise he may still look elsewhere), or you look at a guy like Jeremy Lin who does a lot of the same things and has nothing to lose
Yeah I’d prefer a stopgap over throwing a bunch of money at lonzo for four years when he’s really just an average player. Wil he improve? Maybe, maybe not. But rose was better than lonzo this year and would be much cheaper. If money were equal or close to equal, sure, I’d take lonzo over rose but I don’t like giving a bunch of money and years to average players. Will only hurt you in the long run if the player isn’t a needle mover and lonzo isn’t that guy

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Problem with going after Lonzo is we will probably be competing with the Knick's 67M practical cap space compared to our 10M. It's entirely possible but we have to go basement bargain shopping to fill out roster. Aminu's garbage contract and him opting in hurts. I can guarantee the Kucks are on La'var's radar. Will settle for Rose if we can't pry Connelly away from Utah on a great deal.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Problem with going after Lonzo is we will probably be competing with the Knick's 67M practical cap space compared to our 10M. It's entirely possible but we have to go basement bargain shopping to fill out roster. Aminu's garbage contract and him opting in hurts. I can guarantee the Kucks are on La'var's radar. Will settle for Rose if we can't pry Connelly away from Utah on a great deal.

sign and trade was always the only option to getting Lonzo. Cap room not that important for that. Aminu’s contract actually can be a benefit since it’s expiring and can help make deals match up salary wise. Could sign and trade lauri and aminu for ball theoretically

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I revise my opinion and say i'd be interested in Rose on a one year deal.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
sign and trade was always the only option to getting Lonzo. Cap room not that important for that. Aminu’s contract actually can be a benefit since it’s expiring and can help make deals match up salary wise. Could sign and trade lauri and aminu for ball theoretically

That would work but it might be difficult because Pelicans may just want to keep that young group together. They may not be winning right now, but damn, its a talented group. I'm sure their asking price would be very high. Not exactly sure how sign and trades work.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Maybe Lillard foces his way out of Portland. Imagine having lillard, Lavine, and Vuc

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Maybe Lillard foces his way out of Portland. Imagine having lillard, Lavine, and Vuc
Bulls would need to coup their top 4 pick and throw in a boatload. Top 4 pick, white, Williams, and salary matches. That’s probably young, sato. Maybe they could s+t lauri? Would be crazy though

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls would need to coup their top 4 pick and throw in a boatload. Top 4 pick, white, Williams, and salary matches. That’s probably young, sato. Maybe they could s+t lauri? Would be crazy though

for sure, need some luck landing a top 4 pick. If they do, though…I’d certainly inquire to his availability. Lillard sounded like a guy at the beginning phase of wanting out.

I’m thinking the top 4 pick if we land it with a lauri sign and trade, white, aminu(for salary matching), and a guy like Troy brown with a 2024 1st rounder. Should be enough to get a convo going at least

Enasic

Liked Posts:
for sure, need some luck landing a top 4 pick. If they do, though…I’d certainly inquire to his availability. Lillard sounded like a guy at the beginning phase of wanting out.

I’m thinking the top 4 pick if we land it with a lauri sign and trade, white, aminu(for salary matching), and a guy like Troy brown with a 2024 1st rounder. Should be enough to get a convo going at least
That would be a convo starter for sure. Not sure if they’d be interested in lauri but would be nice.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That would be a convo starter for sure. Not sure if they’d be interested in lauri but would be nice.

I’m sure the blazers would be lukewarm on lauri at best, but if he’s a part of the best offer out there…and Lillard makes it public he wants out, then the blazers don’t have much leverage at that point. And while other teams might offer more than the bulls, those teams could be western conference teams…and the blazers would prefer to send him to the East I’d imagine. It’s a long shot, but the bulls would have to inquire if Lillard says he wants out

Lillard
Lavine
PWill
Thad
Vuc

that’s a championship caliber starting 5

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I’m sure the blazers would be lukewarm on lauri at best, but if he’s a part of the best offer out there…and Lillard makes it public he wants out, then the blazers don’t have much leverage at that point. And while other teams might offer more than the bulls, those teams could be western conference teams…and the blazers would prefer to send him to the East I’d imagine. It’s a long shot, but the bulls would have to inquire if Lillard says he wants out

Lillard
Lavine
PWill
Thad
Vuc

that’s a championship caliber starting 5
Sure is. That would be amazing

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If by some miracle we got the 4th pick and the Blazers were willing to take that and whatever we have besides Zach and Vuc for Lillard, that would be amazing

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If by some miracle we got the 4th pick and the Blazers were willing to take that and whatever we have besides Zach and Vuc for Lillard, that would be amazing
What if we got the #1 pick?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What if we got the #1 pick?
Might be a controversial opinion depending on what you think of this draft class, but I'd dangle that for Dame in hopes of retaining some current assets (though really Thad and PWill are the only worthwhile assets on the team to me besides Vuc and Zach)