Brian Urlacher

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine not knowing the difference between a dislike and refreshing a page. Can you please just find the strength to be right about something, anything, ever?
Imagine..I got 5 negs from HHM

Attachments

• 1623171799716.gif
    1623171799716.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 0
  • 1623171799744.gif
    1623171799744.gif
  • 1623171799788.gif
    1623171799788.gif
Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Urlacher was always more of a jump on the top of the pile and take all the credit type of player anyways

I was very surprised he was first ballot HOF. Lewis was the far superior talent over the entire course of 54's career and you can make arguments for a few others over Urlacher at points of his "peak years".

If he played linebacker for any team not named the Chicago Bears, he never gets in at all IMO. He rode decades worth of MLB prestige with this franchise to a gold jacket.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was very surprised he was first ballot HOF. Lewis was the far superior talent over the entire course of 54's career and you can make arguments for a few others over Urlacher at points of his "peak years".

If he played linebacker for any team not named the Chicago Bears, he never gets in at all IMO. He rode decades worth of MLB prestige with this franchise to a gold jacket.

Lewis was more flamboyant, so he created that image for himself.. Personally, I think he was a better LBer, but that doesn't take away from Urlachers talent...Styles were totally different..

I couldn't have said this better myself.

"But one of this year’s fellow finalists — Mawae, who played for the Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets and Tennessee Titans from 1994-2009 — offered this reasoning why he’d choose Urlacher over Lewis in a head-to-head battle for a Hall of Fame spot:

"I’ve got to view it in the lens of how I played against guys … not as if I was in the coach … I’ve got to do it in how I played against them,” Mawae said, via Talk of Fame Sports Network’s Clark Judge. “To me, Ray was all over the place — an athletic guy, but he was not a downhill hitter. He’s not taking on offensive linemen. He was a jump-around guy.

“Brian Urlacher, sideline to sideline … could do it all … just like Ray. But he was more of a physical player in the box against offensive linemen, and that’s just the way I view it. Half-one dozen, half the other. Both of them are going to get in. You know what I’m saying?”

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But he was more of a physical player in the box against offensive linemen, and that’s just the way I view it. Half-one dozen, half the other.

I couldn't have said this better myself.

I would appreciate if you could say the above quote better because I don't have the froggiest idea what it means.

"Half one dozen, half the other"

?????

Hope the dude they interviewed is still getting his branes scanned.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would appreciate if you could say the above quote better because I don't have the froggiest idea what it means.

"Half one dozen, half the other"

Hope the dude they interviewed is still getting his branes scanned.
What I got out of it was this..

1..Urlacher was more of an assignment guy..He stuck to his task which was mostly dropping into coverage. Although he did run many a guy down for a tackle

2...Lewis was allowed to roam and seek.

Both were great at their jobs.

Could Urlacher flourish in Baltimore's system?.. I don't know
Could Lewis flourish in Lovies system?.. I don't know

No matter what, they are both great and deserve the HOF.

Thats my take on the article

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I dont even need to watch the video of Urlacher to remember that he got destroyed by Bettis. Claiming he stood him up when Urlacher is on his back on the ground in the still frame is amusing.

But Urlacher is getting ragged on a little hard in this thread. Dudes a huge douche bag and not nearly as good as Ray Lewis and probably more in a class with London Fletcher who is incredibly underrated. While Urlacher wasn't great at the LOS, he was probably the best of his time sideline to sideline and dropping back in coverage. He made Roosevelt Colvin, Warrick Holdman, and Lance Briggs. He was one of the few lbers able to hold vick in check spying him. He did some amazing things.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I dont even need to watch the video of Urlacher to remember that he got destroyed by Bettis. Claiming he stood him up when Urlacher is on his back on the ground in the still frame is amusing.

But Urlacher is getting ragged on a little hard in this thread. Dudes a huge douche bag and not nearly as good as Ray Lewis and probably more in a class with London Fletcher who is incredibly underrated. While Urlacher wasn't great at the LOS, he was probably the best of his time sideline to sideline and dropping back in coverage. He made Roosevelt Colvin, Warrick Holdman, and Lance Briggs. He was one of the few lbers able to hold vick in check spying him. He did some amazing things.

Bettis made a career of running over LB's, and yes, he has done that to Ray Ray as well. Urlacher is above Fletcher and below Lewis. He just didn't have that killer instinct.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The dude played deep middle safety as a linebacker, and he was fantastic at it. But there aren’t many highlight vids of guys shutting down throwing lanes. And to top things off, he shut down the run game from sideline to sideline. This made him equally good in the pass and run game and impossible to gameplan around. You are vastly underrating him as a player.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Lol. This is called a fantastically bad take and I'm not even a big Urlacher fan.