Hicks trade talk is back

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jeremy Fowler

“CHICAGO HAS ALLOWED HICKS AND AGENT DREW ROSENHAUS TO GAUGE TRADE INTEREST, AS THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE REPORTED IN MARCH. THERE ARE NO RECENT DEVELOPMENTS HERE. FOR NOW, HE’S STILL A BEAR.

SOME TEAMS BELIEVE HICKS IS A TOP-FIVE INTERIOR DISRUPTOR, BUT HIS AGE (31) COULD PREVENT THEM FROM GIVING UP DRAFT CAPITAL AND SIGNING HIM TO A NEW DEAL. HICKS, A 2022 FREE AGENT, IS DUE A TOTAL OF $10.5 MILLION THIS YEAR.

THIS ONE COULD HEAT UP CLOSER TO TRAINING CAMP.”

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Clearing that $ would allow the Bears to sign at least one and probably two contributing FAs at OT or CB or whatever.

Plus you'd get a pick. Losing Hicks would hurt, obviously, but this is 95% his last Bears year anyway.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It's a last ditch attempt for Pace to get back some draft capital because he knows it's a problem.
Your schtick is old. I'm sure nobody loves how much draft capital he has given away. This move would be much more about salary cap than draft picks though, as they'd likely get a late round pick, but could get cap space to address pretty important roster deficiencies immediately in FA and have some spare change for in season moves

kg1187

Liked Posts:
With his age, salary and with so many team short on cap space I cant imagine the Bears get much for him. Rather keep him and let him walk for nothing at the end of the season.

Without Hicks Bears might be 5-11 next season.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
...but could get cap space to address pretty important roster deficiencies immediately in FA and have some spare change for in season moves
Lol, complain about my "schtick" then confirm the problem.

Ok.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Gotta think some team would roll the dice after what happened with Calais Campbell

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like a bluff by the bears

Can't imagine anyone is gon give anything up after he missed so many games

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lol, complain about my "schtick" then confirm the problem.

Ok.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well your point was wrong. He would most certainly be doing it moreso for cap space for immediate reasons than draft capital as he won't get much.

Your repeated point of him trading draft capital has been beaten to death. I don't think many people would agree with him doing it as often as he has, but nobody else complains about it every single day. It gets old

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
They'd probably get a better comp pick than they'll get in a trade
Yeah, it doesn't seem likely that the Bears can get anything as good as a 2023 4th (projected comp pick) with a team taking on 10.5M for Hicks in 2021. Of course, the Bears would have to not sign any FAs next year to even get that comp pick. And it's not like that 10.5M this year will go a long way as there isn't much on the market. I'd like to sign a CB and at least a backup OT, but those players won't likely be as impactful as Hicks is on the DL.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If they trade Hicks they might as well cut Graham for the carry over cap space next off season. This upcoming season would be chalked no matter what.
Personally I think they should cut Graham regardless and replace him with like sprinkle or James. Also they'd have cap for a Moses or DB from Pitt as well

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Well your point was wrong. He would most certainly be doing it moreso for cap space for immediate reasons than draft capital as he won't get much.

Your repeated point of him trading draft capital has been beaten to death. I don't think many people would agree with him doing it as often as he has, but nobody else complains about it every single day. It gets old
Everybody knows the move clears cap space, sheesh.

I don't know what will happen, but losing Fuller and Hicks in the same offseason is...not good. So Pace will trade Hicks, create another hole, and over-pay some average CB that some other team didn't want to resign. Great.

...and yes, I know Eddie Goldman. What could go wrong after missing a full year?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are considering trading Hicks because they are planning for next year forward....as I've said and they are correct to do so.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Hicks was a top 5 interior disruptor 3 years ago.
His play has declined and he has missed numerous games over the the last couple of years.
He will be 32 mid season so its difficult to imagine that any team would want to take on his 10.5mil cap hit this year.