Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with the last sentence. Not sure what you mean in your first sentence. He's never criticized his players.
Exactly, so how is he shielding Dalton from criticism? Who is he stopping from doing so?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Exactly, so how is he shielding Dalton from criticism? Who is he stopping from doing so?
I'm saying I think part of Dalton not playing in preseason "as the starter" would be to hide any poor play and shield a couple weeks of criticism by media until the regular season starts.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're overthinking things and way overvaluing fan opinion. Nagy will do what he thinks will get the best play to start the season. He may want to hold Fields back a few games to ease him into the nfl grind but beyond that, it's just football. Fans are so about ulterior motives and they're just frying to win games.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You're overthinking things.
I think most people including myself overthink things during OTA’s and TC. Unless you have a connection within the building, the majority of conversations are hypothetical or opinions.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Weren't you guys just saying "I think it is amusing how many people are dissecting and justifying a throw in no pads with no defenders and you can tell no urgency from anyone." like it's a bit much?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nick Foles not being there again is fishy.

Maybe he is reflecting on whether he wants to be a #3 and do nothing all year or not.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Weren't you guys just saying "I think it is amusing how many people are dissecting and justifying a throw in no pads with no defenders and you can tell no urgency from anyone." like it's a bit much?
I feel like you read too much into what I said. I was just saying what I think will happen in preseason.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was present tense.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:

Maybe he is reflecting on whether he wants to be a #3 and do nothing all year or not.
If I'm him I'm talking to anybody who might be able to get me out of town.

There was that story of him declining a trade, but I don't buy it.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

zero reps for him.. plus Dalton was doing his best Nick Foles impression today anyway. .. $17M + a 4th invested in shitty backup quarterbacks. smh

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wishful thinking windy. That fucker is here to stay and collect a very nice paycheck for doing absolutely nothing.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
True true. It may also be that Fields hasn't thrown enough passes to him to get the timing down. That's what practice is for, right?

Can't wait to see him in preseason. I have a feeling (which may be this Bears KoolAid I'm drinking) that Fields is going to prove the Jets and Niners were foolish for passing on him.
Don't forget Atlanta, Detroit, Carolina and Denver.