Bears OTA 2

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Nick Foles not being there again is fishy.

Maybe he is reflecting on whether he wants to be a #3 and do nothing all year or not.
He's gonna get cut at some point anyways. No way they have 3 QBs on the 53 throughout thee season. I think they will eat his contract and cut him after the pre-season...unless some sap will trade for him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've been down on Miller for obvious reasons but see the ability. Beside him working hard trying to get more consistent at his craft, I could see having Fields and the way he schools guys on the field for mistakes being a good leader for Antmil.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In camp, mitch was pretty decent. I go for a few days every year.

I feel like the overthrowing problem was more limited to games for him. Guy had zero confidence once he made a mistake.

Rex Grossman was probably the best QB I ever saw live in bears camp. He looked sharp as fuck when no one was allowed to touch him.

He was also a mental midget, like our last QB.
what about Caleb Hanie in camp, he was top notch

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just think he'll want to shield any criticism of Dalton as much as he can until regular season because he knows the calls for fields from fans and media are going to grow loud quick

you think he cares what fans and media think?

you think he isn't excited to get Fields out there? Like he is intentionally tryna delay?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
you think he cares what fans and media think?

you think he isn't excited to get Fields out there? Like he is intentionally tryna delay?
Yes. He was on the hot seat this year and I know probably gets some slack with the new qb, but he still needs to show something over the next year or 2 otherwise he's gone. If the fans and media aren't happy it probably doesn't mean good things about how the team is doing.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. He was on the hot seat this year and I know probably gets some slack with the new qb, but he still needs to show something over the next year or 2 otherwise he's gone. If the fans and media aren't happy it probably doesn't mean good things about how the team is doing.

uh

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Intangibles, play on field standing out for Chicago Bears rookie QB Justin Fields
"So his command right now is what he does is he sits back there with Flip when Andy is running the show and he's back there repeating every word and he's flipping it and he's going through in his mind how to call the play -- like he's in the huddle," Nagy said. "The big part of that is getting the right personnel, understanding the formations, where's the ball at, it's on the left has, right hash, middle of the field, first wide vision. And so he's going through all of that. I thought today he had a real good day of seeing that."

Canth

Liked Posts:
I listened to a couple of podcasts / OTA breakdown videos. Everyone talked about this big throw in 7 on 7 drills down the left sideline from Fields to Byrd. Jahns talked about how the big throw seemed to energize the entire team. I think Biggs said it was impressive and also slightly into the wind. I finally now heard Dan Wiederer describe it as a bomb was in the air for 'at least' 60 yards with perfect placement in the endzone for Byrd. Damn. Training camp and the season can't come soon enough.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's gonna get cut at some point anyways. No way they have 3 QBs on the 53 throughout thee season. I think they will eat his contract and cut him after the pre-season...unless some sap will trade for him.
They can’t afford to cut him. It costs them an additional 7 million to cut him. At best you put him on IR.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Canth

Liked Posts:
It apparently was Javon Wims, in year fucking 4.

Yeah, heard that on the Jahns podcast too. He said that he fully expects Marquise Goodwin and Damiere Byrd to make the team and that both Wims and Miller are on the bubble. I would be surprised to see Wims make the 53 man team at this point.

The forgotten man seems to be Riley Ridley. You just never hear anything about him, so I assume that is also not good for his chances to make the roster again especially as he did not play special teams. At least, I don't remember ever hearing about him playing special teams.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Yeah, heard that on the Jahns podcast too. He said that he fully expects Marquise Goodwin and Damiere Byrd to make the team and that both Wims and Miller are on the bubble. I would be surprised to see Wims make the 53 man team at this point.

The forgotten man seems to be Riley Ridley. You just never hear anything about him, so I assume that is also not good for his chances to make the roster again especially as he did not play special teams. At least, I don't remember ever hearing about him playing special teams.

can't get enough of these little 5'9 wr's can they?
sprinkle in a 5'6 Cohen and they are almost half way to their version of the 7 dwarfs.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Is jahns podcast free or is that on the athletic?