Bears OTA's

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It doesnt matter when Dalton fails or if he even fails. Its Fields team. The Red Rifle could win SB MVP this year and it would still be Justins team going forward.

For people wanting Dalton to fail just so Justin can start opening day is a bit much. How about wanting Dalton not to fail this preseason and still lose out.. Fields was just too good sit opening day?

IDK. I dont care what happens to be honest. I know Fields will play at some point.

The only thing I care about is Justin Fields Hair. Its too Jimmy B for me, but to each their own. If it ever becomes a Fields/Nagy thing.. I hope Chicago does the right thing..

images

Well I don't think we gotta be concerned with the "red water gun" winning a SB. He's never won a playoff game

Last edited:

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Actually, here's the care. I think many want Dalton to fail in ota's, training camp, pre-season just so Fields starts opening day.

LOL Daltons been done for about 5 years now . The only issue is how many fans think hes gonna have a resurgence of good play after 5 years of decline . No one has to hope for anything he is what he is and if he wasn't then we could've signed him to a 5 year deal and not have to trade of Fields .......right ? Everyone knows the answer to that .

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It doesnt matter when Dalton fails or if he even fails. Its Fields team. The Red Rifle could win SB MVP this year and it would still be Justins team going forward.

For people wanting Dalton to fail just so Justin can start opening day is a bit much. How about wanting Dalton not to fail this preseason and still lose out.. Fields was just too good sit opening day?

IDK. I dont care what happens to be honest. I know Fields will play at some point.

The only thing I care about is Justin Fields Hair. Its too Jimmy B for me, but to each their own. If it ever becomes a Fields/Nagy thing.. I hope Chicago does the right thing..

images
I would love it if Dalton won Super Bowl MVP.

1. The Bears would have won the Super Bowl in this scenario. I find it hard to believe a player would win the Super Bowl if his team lost the game.

2. The Bears would certainly get a 3rd round comp. pick when he went to another team after winning Super Bowl MVP.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
LOL Daltons been done for about 5 years now . The only issue is how many fans think hes gonna have a resurgence of good play after 5 years of decline . No one has to hope for anything he is what he is and if he wasn't then we could've signed him to a 5 year deal and not have to trade of Fields .......right ? Everyone knows the answer to that .
You are probably right. However; there have been some instances where a player had a time period of sucking and then had a resurgence. Alex Smith is a good example of that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It seems like he too often stops early and lunges for balls. He’s become too dependent on those 10 inch hands.
Yup. I know he's worked hard but if that translates to him taking better angles and running through catches remains to be seen.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do any of us care Dalton threw 3 picks in practice though? Especially when all the focus is on Fields.
i mean considering the defense was basically hot dog vendors and Tony Medlin, it's not a good look.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
You are probably right. However; there have been some instances where a player had a time period of sucking and then had a resurgence. Alex Smith is a good example of that.

Alex Smith arrived in KC at 29 yrs old

Andy Dalton is already 33 years old and the last time he was even considered close to average was back when he was 29 yrs old and is a proven playoff choker .

No one has to hope he fails there is is zero evidence he will be anything other than what he was has consistently shown himself to be for the past 5 seasons .

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Alex Smith arrived in KC at 29 yrs old

Andy Dalton is already 33 years old and the last time he was even considered close to average was back when he was 29 yrs old and is a proven playoff choker .

No one has to hope he fails there is is zero evidence he will be anything other than what he was has consistently shown himself to be for the past 5 seasons .
So Alex Smith was 29 and he sucked until then. There is not that much difference between sucking at 29 and 33.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
So Alex Smith was 29 and he sucked until then. There is not that much difference between sucking at 29 and 33.

Yeah there is a difference a 4 years difference nearly 5 NFL seasons which in the NFL is actually a long time .

There is big difference in someone playing poorly up until age 29 and then playing well until age 33 vs someone who has played poorly since they were 26 nor played on a winning team during that time and then suddenly at 33 they are gonna turn it around

5 years ago the top 12 qbs in passing tds were

Rodgers
Ryan
Brees
Rivers
Luck
Big Ben
Winston
Carr
Brady
Eli
Palmer
Mariota

Dalton was 22nd

A lot changes in 5 NFL seasons and you dont suddenly suck that long and git good. I can see it being a bounce back year if there was maybe one or two seasons and injuries but 5 straight mediocre years . His day one starting days are over .

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah there is a difference a 4 years difference nearly 5 NFL seasons which in the NFL is actually a long time .

There is big difference in someone playing poorly up until age 29 and then playing well until age 33 vs someone who has played poorly since they were 26 nor played on a winning team during that time and then suddenly at 33 they are gonna turn it around

5 years ago the top 12 qbs in passing tds were

Rodgers
Ryan
Brees
Rivers
Luck
Big Ben
Winston
Carr
Brady
Eli
Palmer
Mariota

Dalton was 22nd

A lot changes in 5 NFL seasons and you dont suddenly suck that long and git good. I can see it being a bounce back year if there was maybe one or two seasons and injuries but 5 straight mediocre years . His day one starting days are over .
well, that's a lot more thought out than what I was going to reply which was that NFL career years are like dog years, so that 4 years is like 28 years.