Justin Fields signed

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Compare to Mitch:

He's entering the final year of his four-year, $29 million contract that included a $19.17 million signing bonus

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
This seems like a team-freindly deal which contracturally might allow for better free agent signing flexibility for Pace to be able to further enhance the offence in coming seasons which makes me a happy boy.
Mack's contract doubles from 14 to $30M and takes away any advantage in getting Fields signed.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It's all based on draft position. Now you see why Fields wasn't so happy on draft day after being selected 11th.

its not like the kid has worked his whole life for that moment or anything

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mack's contract doubles from 14 to $30M and takes away any advantage in getting Fields signed.

And plenty of other contracts will be nearing the end or will be cut. Quinn specifically. Advantage gained.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It's all based on draft position. Now you see why Fields wasn't so happy on draft day after being selected 11th.
Yeah, I wouldn’t be happy with $18 million dollars either. All players picked in the first round are set for life. Play well and earn that big second contract. Fields has the opportunity to be the highest paid QB in the future.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The opt-out carries almost $10M in dead cap. Advantage lost.

Plus you want ARob back, right?

Quinn, Hicks, Jimmy Graham, Foles.

Plenty of money is coming free. The Bears cap situation will only get better in the next year or 2

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Quinn, Hicks, Jimmy Graham, Foles.

Plenty of money is coming free. The Bears cap situation will only get better in the next year or 2
You might be right.

Pace has done a lousy job with the roster and draft picks.

There's not a lot of future picks to sign and some of the guys he's drafted the last couple years might not be worth a second contact.

Monty, Cohen, AntMill...heck, what if the Jaylon Johnson injury concerns are real? Then you got Kmet & Daniels really needing to step up too.

Loads of "meh" talent that doesn't need to be resigned.

I'm conceding this argument now that I think about it more.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You might be right.

Pace has done a lousy job with the roster and draft picks.

There's not a lot of future picks to sign and some of the guys he's drafted the last couple years might not be worth a second contact.

Monty, Cohen, AntMill...heck, what if the Jaylon Johnson injury concerns are real? Then you got Kmet & Daniels really needing to step up too.

Loads of "meh" talent that doesn't need to be resigned.

I'm conceding this argument now that I think about it more.
He plain sucks at cap management and has relied way too much on free agency. He also doesn’t know how to let players go like signing trevethan and ej. You don’t need a 15 mil a year safety. And you don’t need an over the hill mlb. Guy was a great signing when he first came here but he should have never gotten a second contract. He isn’t a good gm. That is obvious. But when he does something right like trading up for fields I got to applaud him for it

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
i bet he's pissed he only got an 11 mill signing bonus for instance if he was saving up for something he wanted that costs like 12 million or so
He's in real trouble then, as $11 mil after paying his agent and taxes ends up around $5-6 million. I feel for the kid.