Jamie Newman waived

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wanted Deshone Kizer.......

To be fair, I thought we could get him later on in the draft and let him sit for a while and develop.

As a ND fan, Kizer's only hope was to be in a situation in which he could sit behind a great QB & learn. Instead he gets drafted by the Browns and thrown into a dysfunctional locker room and offense led by the idiots known as Hue Jackson & Todd Haley. Kid never had a chance once that happened. He was also a very difficult player to deal with as well, not exactly respected by his teammates in college too

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fields came from a small pond in Kennesaw to a big lake in Athens. He thought the starting gig was his; problem was UGA's roster was 100% behind Fromm who led them within a couple of plays of winning it all. If it wasn't for Mel Tucker calling an awful game plan in the 2nd half, UGA wins it all. Fields was quickly ostracized from the locker room mainly because he struggled heavily in camp and honestly didn't grasp the playbook, instead he was trying to rely on his natural ability. Problem is, at the elite levels; you still need to study and commit to the program instead of winging it. He was not well received by the locker room from upperclassmen on both sides of the ball to even underclassmen. Luckily, it seems like he learned from his mistakes when he transferred. Nothing is handed to you no matter how much ability you have.
You can throw in the fact Fromm couldn't make a play to save his life in any of his big games. He was sober Kyle Orton

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
They didn't. He's just making shut up to fit his narrative. It was such a terrible smear campaign that Justin's sister decided to stay enrolled at UGA! Actually surprised Payton didn't make this about Covid.
Yeah man, I forgot his sister plays on UGA’s softball team.

Kirby Smart is a good coach, but damn did he mess up that eval between Fields and Fromm.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You can throw in the fact Fromm couldn't make a play to save his life in any of his big games. He was sober Kyle Orton

He just flat out sucks. Even with Fields struggling to grasp the playbook, as all freshmen do, I'm not sure how Kirby didn't look at their respective ceilings.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah man, I forgot his sister plays on UGA’s softball team.

Kirby Smart is a good coach, but damn did he mess up that eval between Fields and Fromm.

Yes he did. And he didn't exactly defend Fields well after that awful 4th & 20 fake punt attempt in the SECCG. Which was on the coaches and not Fields

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Fields came from a small pond in Kennesaw to a big lake in Athens. He thought the starting gig was his; problem was UGA's roster was 100% behind Fromm who led them within a couple of plays of winning it all. If it wasn't for Mel Tucker calling an awful game plan in the 2nd half, UGA wins it all. Fields was quickly ostracized from the locker room mainly because he struggled heavily in camp and honestly didn't grasp the playbook, instead he was trying to rely on his natural ability. Problem is, at the elite levels; you still need to study and commit to the program instead of winging it. He was not well received by the locker room from upperclassmen on both sides of the ball to even underclassmen. Luckily, it seems like he learned from his mistakes when he transferred. Nothing is handed to you no matter how much ability you have.

This is part and parcel of a smear campaign — look at what YOU wrote. Like you were actually there and can personally attest to everything you wrote in this post.

THAT right there (your post) is smear my friend.

I am quite sure that Justin and have family would disagree with practically everything you wrote in that post.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is part and parcel of a smear campaign — look at what YOU wrote. Like you were actually there and can personally attest to everything you wrote in this post.

THAT right there (your post) is smear my friend.

Lmao. You have no sources. Everyone, beat writers included, discussed his camp struggles. Again go look it up if you know how to use a search function

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Lmao. You have no sources. Everyone, beat writers included, discussed his camp struggles. Again go look it up if you know how to use a search function

Again, UGA (and its media) is very good about doing this to kids that jilt them. It’s the proverbial girlfriend that leaves me syndrome — “oh, I never wanted her to begin with - she was not fun, she was getting fat, she was vacuous, etc., etc.”.

Its a way for UGA to save face to recruits and continue to hype its program — something that means everything to football crazed UGA. I have seen them throw kids that leave them under the bus time and time again by putting out false narratives/information. It is part of a continual pattern with UGA that happens far too much for it to just be a coincidence.

Like I wrote — ask Justin. Ask him and his family and I guarantee you will get an entirely different set of facts.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Again, UGA (and its media) is very good about doing this to kids that jilt them. It’s the proverbial girlfriend that leaves me syndrome — “oh, I never wanted her to begin with - she was not fun, she was getting fat, she was vacuous, etc., etc.”.

Its a way for UGA to save face to recruits and continue to hype its program — something that means everything to football crazed UGA. I have seen them throw kids that leave them under the bus time and time again by putting out false narratives/information. It is part of a continual pattern with UGA that happens far too much for it to just be a coincidence.

Like I wrote — ask Justin. Ask him and his family and I guarantee you will get an entirely different set of facts.

Just wondering, can I have a few other examples of players they threw under the bus?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just wondering, can I have a few other examples of players they threw under the bus?

He doesn't have much to go on. Justin and his family have been very amicable about this as has UGA. I guess he could bring up the Jim Harrick/Tony Cole fiasco from 18 years ago lol.

If it was so bad, his sister wouldn't have stayed, as she would have followed him right out the door. Payton just needs to go back to fear mongering over covid again. He was good at that.

Also forgot to mention that Justin's dad is still involved in booster events. Kind of ends that argument.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Justin did what he needed to do for his best future. Had he started at Georgia as would seem the obvious choice, the racial stuff wouldn't have made him leave. Nobody is guilty or innocent here but I don't fault him for not wanting to be on a team that didn't play their best players nor stand up for that crap. The reason given when he left allowed him to start immediately at Ohio State. BFD. I don't blame him and now he's a Bear. If this situation helped him drop in the draft, I'm so good.
:yes:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Justin did what he needed to do for his best future. Had he started at Georgia as would seem the obvious choice, the racial stuff wouldn't have made him leave. Nobody is guilty or innocent here but I don't fault him for not wanting to be on a team that didn't play their best players nor stand up for that crap. The reason given when he left allowed him to start immediately at Ohio State. BFD. I don't blame him and now he's a Bear. If this situation helped him drop in the draft, I'm so good.
:yes:

That and it helped him mature as a leader and as a person. Also, the baseball player behind the racial incident was kicked off the team and out of school.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
That and it helped him mature as a leader and as a person. Also, the baseball player behind the racial incident was kicked off the team and out of school.

That racist was kicked off the team LATER.... much later. Long after the unabated and unrelenting racial harassment stopped that day. Nobody... and I mean, nobody truly stepped up to stop the racial barrage as it was taking place.

As for incidents of UGA throwing kids under the bus that leave them.... look up just about every kid that it recruited strongly that signed elsewhere.... UGA is very rarely gracious when it takes an "L" .... and look up just about any recruit that it really wanted and needed who transferred -- in fact, easy one for you -- look up how it sullied, besmirched and trashed the character of the very subject of this thread -- Jamie Newman.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
That racist was kicked off the team LATER.... much later. Long after the unabated and unrelenting racial harassment stopped that day. Nobody... and I mean, nobody truly stepped up to stop the racial barrage as it was taking place.

As for incidents of UGA throwing kids under the bus that leave them.... look up just about every kid that it recruited strongly that signed elsewhere.... UGA is very rarely gracious when it takes an "L" .... and look up just about any recruit that it really wanted and needed who transferred -- in fact, easy one for you -- look up how it sullied, besmirched and trashed the character of the very subject of this thread -- Jamie Newman.
Jamie Newman besmirched and trashed his own character. He quit on his team after he didn’t land the starters role and he was awful in camp. He left in September 2020 I believe.

Point me to one quote from any staff or administration member from that college that did anything to trash his character. He did that himself. And he was a UDFA who couldn’t stay on a team longer than a few weeks because…he is not very good.

I don’t know what your issue is with UGA, but you haven’t backed up any of your claims with actual fact. The Fields’ family is still heavily involved with the college for crissakes.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jamie Newman besmirched and trashed his own character. He quit on his team after he didn’t land the starters role and he was awful in camp. He left in September 2020 I believe.

Point me to one quote from any staff or administration member from that college that did anything to trash his character. He did that himself. And he was a UDFA who couldn’t stay on a team longer than a few weeks because…he is not very good.

I don’t know what your issue is with UGA, but you haven’t backed up any of your claims with actual fact. The Fields’ family is still heavily involved with the college for crissakes.

Imagine that. A student that gets due process before being kicked out. At this point, Payton is just making shit up again. Sooner or later, he will make the Newman quitting thing about Covid

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Imagine that. A student that gets due process before being kicked out. At this point, Payton is just making shit up again. Sooner or later, he will make the Newman quitting thing about Covid
I’m sure. He left the program 8 months after COVID emerged. Has to be that, right? Personal accountability has been totally abandoned in recent times.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I'm not quite sure what this thread degenerated into, as this whole argument is hard to follow.

Looking back on the Newman thread, I think the historical context of it was interesting.

I still stand by that he is a big dude with a big arm that I wouldn't mind seeing come in to throw passes in a camp.

I am surprised that not only did he go undrafted, but that Ian Book was! That guy's the ontological opposite of Newman.

Either way, for a UDFA, why not? As far as I know, we have two vets and a rookie QB, and that's it. There's no real reason not to bring the guy in, other than the cancer in a locker room thing, but I doubt any UDFA gets to affect a locker room. He makes any kind of stink and his ass is flushed.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm not quite sure what this thread degenerated into, as this whole argument is hard to follow.

Looking back on the Newman thread, I think the historical context of it was interesting.

I still stand by that he is a big dude with a big arm that I wouldn't mind seeing come in to throw passes in a camp.

I am surprised that not only did he go undrafted, but that Ian Book was! That guy's the ontological opposite of Newman.

Either way, for a UDFA, why not? As far as I know, we have two vets and a rookie QB, and that's it. There's no real reason not to bring the guy in, other than the cancer in a locker room thing, but I doubt any UDFA gets to affect a locker room. He makes any kind of stink and his ass is flushed.
Book was drafted by NO

Montucky

Liked Posts:

UGA was so awful to the Fields family that Justin Fields sister stars on their softball team.