CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
NYK has the odds to land him

comes down to where does dame wanna go. I could see the knicks being appealing to him, but honestly that roster isn’t that great

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
comes down to where does dame wanna go. I could see the knicks being appealing to him, but honestly that roster isn’t that great
It's pretty impressive thibs did as well as he did in the regular season. He definitely always maximizes the talent he has. I wish we'd never got rid of him.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
get ready to watch Lonzo all the time ?
I will be prepared for the Bulls to make as many playoffs as Lonzo has in his entire career while he's here.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I will be prepared for the Bulls to make as many playoffs as Lonzo has in his entire career while he's here.

i just don’t get the anti Lonzo vibe on ccs. Why everyone dislikes him so much. I guess it’s because his dad is a giant douche, so it makes Lonzo unlikeable maybe? The guy can play basketball, though. And he fits exactly what the bulls need out of the Pg spot imo

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i just don’t get the anti Lonzo vibe on ccs. Why everyone dislikes him so much. I guess it’s because his dad is a giant douche, so it makes Lonzo unlikeable maybe? The guy can play basketball, though. And he fits exactly what the bulls need out of the Pg spot imo
Certainly plays a factor into it.

He was also massively overhyped and isn't anywhere near worthy of his #2 selection..

Now if Lonzo accepts he's a draft bust and just plays point guard, perhaps things change. Perhaps Lonzo more so accepted that last season, I didn't watch the Pelicans, so I can't really say for sure. His numbers are all up, but for a team with 2 All-Stars, they certainly massively underachieved as a team.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Certainly plays a factor into it.

He was also massively overhyped and isn't anywhere near worthy of his #2 selection..

Now if Lonzo accepts he's a draft bust and just plays point guard, perhaps things change. Perhaps Lonzo more so accepted that last season, I didn't watch the Pelicans, so I can't really say for sure. His numbers are all up, but for a team with 2 All-Stars, they certainly massively underachieved as a team.

sure, he was over drafted. But that doesn’t matter at this point to the bulls. The question is, can he help the bulls take the next step? And is he worth the roughly 20 mil per year he will get? If the answer to those are both yes in the FO’s mind, then they should absolutely go after him

like you said, his numbers have gotten better. And when you look at his career, he’s improved his shooting each year…granted that rookie year his shooting was atrocious, so it was a low starting point. He’s improved his shooting at every level each year, though…2 pointers, 3 pointers, free throws, and true shooting. His turnover rate was its lowest of his career last year, while his usage rate was its highest of his career.

that’s ultimately the type of PG the bulls need imo, a guy that will hit open shots and not turn the ball over, while directing the offense and getting ZL and NV the ball in their spots

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
My problem with Lonzo is i don't want him at 20m a year for 4 years.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
My problem with Lonzo is i don't want him at 20m a year for 4 years.

people said the same thing about ZL’s contract when he signed it. Today, it is one of the best contracts in the entire NBA

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
people said the same thing about ZL’s contract when he signed it. Today, it is one of the best contracts in the entire NBA
Yup, I was the most outspoken about the ZL contract which, and at the time, only the two dumbest GMs in the sport (Sac and Chi) were willing to underwrite.

He was a volume scorer with negative D and with an injury history and a guy that relied on pure athleticism to score. Not a great profile.

And now, it turns out you were right and I concede that point. His contract is now a great asset.

Summary: you are right as it stands today and in hindsight also at the time of the contract signing. But I stand behind my logic that it was initially a poor risk-reward signing. Both opinions can be true in this case.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yup, I was the most outspoken about the ZL contract which, and at the time, only the two dumbest GMs in the sport (Sac and Chi) were willing to underwrite.

He was a volume scorer with negative D and with an injury history and a guy that relied on pure athleticism to score. Not a great profile.

And now, it turns out you were right and I concede that point. His contract is now a great asset.

Summary: you are right as it stands today and in hindsight also at the time of the contract signing. But I stand behind my logic that it was initially a poor risk-reward signing. Both opinions can be true in this case.

what do you think of Lonzo?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Mixed feelings. He will be overpaid and is only average, but also a good fit for what the team needs.

makes sense. I’m also concerned about whether or not lonzo can keep improving his game, or if this past season is as good as he gets. At the same time, he’s a really good fit for the roster…and when you figure the elite veteran PG’s are making upwards of 40+ mil a season, then 20 mil for Lonzo doesn’t seem nearly as crazy.

I’d obviously love to see Lillard or Paul as the starting PG next season, but the reality is the bulls don’t have the trade packages to compete in a Lillard sweepstakes and Paul is going to stay in Phoenix.

bulls likely won’t have draft capital to take a young PG in the draft, and the Vuc trade signaled the bulls are wanting to get better now not later…and PG is the glaring weakness on the roster. Options are limited for how to get better at the position for sure. And even if you believe in coby becoming that guy(not that I do, nor am I implying you do), his injury made it to where you can’t count on that now. And sato is a bench player, nothing more.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Bulls have a pretty decent cap situation going into next season, even if they offer a max extension to LaVine which I think is something they'll probably will do. After next season, it gets even better.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The Bulls have a pretty decent cap situation going into next season, even if they offer a max extension to LaVine which I think is something they'll probably will do. After next season, it gets even better.

so happy to be done with the felicio contract. Aminu’s contract is going to be in its final year, expect him to be a part of any potential blockbuster trade to help make salaries match up. The bulls have certainly set themselves up nicely to where they have no bad contracts on their books

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Well lets hope the bball gods smile upon us today.