Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yea, I dont see how Simmons is back and probably Doc. He was terrible.

I have never seen such a physically imposing player play like trae young in bigger than him.

Mind blowing and Embiid shrunk in big moments.

Hawks didnt even play well. The Sixers just crumbled moment after moment.
The Game 4 and 5 lead losses are some of the worst in NBA history, and for you to do it two games in a row is simply amazing.

Game 7 was close, no lead was ever safe from either team. Embiid was a turnover machine.

These guys have had 4 years of playoff experience and can't break the 2nd round. They played with nothing but dysfunction most of this series, certain guys disappeared at key moments, costing them games. They did miss Danny Green down the stretch in the series, but you should be able to overcome that kind of loss with your superstar and fellow All-Star.

Simmons should be as good as gone, but I'm not sure anyone is willing to take his contract without commitments from him to actually improve on something. I've never followed him closely, but watching some clips and analysis of him, it does seem like he hasn't improved at all offensively since coming into the league. And in this series he massively regressed as time went on.

Simmons alone is why I'm kind of relieved the Sixers lost this game, since I don't want to watch him not play offense for another 7 game series. Though Milwaukee-Philly might have been comical since both have blown huge leads and play utterly dysfunctional often.

On paper, I don't give Atlanta much of a shot ( I didn't give them much of one vs Philly either for what it's worth). Milwaukee has the same kind of defensive power that Philly had to shut down Trae Young, Its up to Atlanta's guys to step up, like they did in Game 7 here against Milwaukee, but I just don't see it. Hack a Giannis isn't exactly a strategy, and he hasn't quite suffered the mental breakdown that Ben Simmons has about free throws.

But hey, maybe the Eastern Conference is just going to throw 5 seeds into the NBA Finals from now on.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I’m so glad I’m not a 76ers fan. How in the world do you lose a game 7 in your building with Trae Young going 5/22. Have to imagine that was Ben Simmons last game as a 76er. Embiid only has 1 year left so they have to do something.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m so glad I’m not a 76ers fan. How in the world do you lose a game 7 in your building with Trae Young going 5/22. Have to imagine that was Ben Simmons last game as a 76er. Embiid only has 1 year left so they have to do something.

I thought Embiid had two years left?

Either way... I have a hard time seeing anyone trade for Simmons this offseason. He value absolutely tanked..

If he had played somewhat decent on offense, I could have seen a trade to the Blazers or something, but now I can't see any team wanting him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Are the Clippers better coached than I think they are?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Are the Clippers better coached than I think they are?
Getting rid of Doc helped. He was carried by the big 3 in Boston to a championship and has somehow ridden that ever since to be considered a great coach while underachieving every step of the way since then.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Getting rid of Doc helped. He was carried by the big 3 in Boston to a championship and has somehow ridden that ever since to be considered a great coach while underachieving every step of the way since then.
Not sure I buy that, because if we want to talk about coaches being carried by players then Tyron Lue is the second example. I think it's more plausible that Doc has been hampered by injuries to Chris Paul, Blake, and Embid in this past series. Then of course you have complete shitting of the bed by Paul George and Ben Simmons.

I'm just saying that I've been impressed by the Clippers the past 3.75 games without Kawhi in the lineup, and what they've been able to do.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Not sure I buy that, because if we want to talk about coaches being carried by players then Tyron Lue is the second example. I think it's more plausible that Doc has been hampered by injuries to Chris Paul, Blake, and Embid in this past series. Then of course you have complete shitting of the bed by Paul George and Ben Simmons.

I'm just saying that I've been impressed by the Clippers the past 3.75 games without Kawhi in the lineup, and what they've been able to do.
Clippers have Billups right? I think he'll end up being a really good coach. I've always thought Doc was extremely overrated

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Clippers have Billups right? I think he'll end up being a really good coach. I've always thought Doc was extremely overrated
I'm a Doc stan, so I'll side with my westside boy.

Clippers indeed have Billups on the bench. He may get a look, but I wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Sam Cassell or Popeye Jones (both with the Sixers) get their shot before him. Those two have put in their dues on the bench.

Becky Hammon is apparently a finalist with Portland.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That last 10 seconds of game time was agonizingly long but man what a play by Phoenix to win it. Props to Crowder for a perfect pass

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That last 10 seconds of game time was agonizingly long but man what a play by Phoenix to win it. Props to Crowder for a perfect pass
I mean fans wanted the calls to be 100% right, and this is the result. Multiple long reviews of plays. Its already reviewed off sight, so other then ending any input from the refs in the game, there isn't much to speed up that process. Perhaps review less plays, but fans overall don't want that either. I don't know a perfect system.

The only inexcusable delay was the last play with 0.7 seconds left. The Clippers should have been given a delay of game for the illegal substitutions, and then a tech if they continued to have guys who shouldn't have been in the game out there. Even after they put Zubac and Cousins back in, Reggie Jackson was still trying to be the inbounder even though he shouldn't have been in the game. To me, that was grounds for a tech at that point. But leave it to Scott Fosters to not call any of this shit.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean fans wanted the calls to be 100% right, and this is the result. Multiple long reviews of plays. Its already reviewed off sight, so other then ending any input from the refs in the game, there isn't much to speed up that process. Perhaps review less plays, but fans overall don't want that either. I don't know a perfect system.

The only inexcusable delay was the last play with 0.7 seconds left. The Clippers should have been given a delay of game for the illegal substitutions, and then a tech if they continued to have guys who shouldn't have been in the game out there. Even after they put Zubac and Cousins back in, Reggie Jackson was still trying to be the inbounder even though he shouldn't have been in the game. To me, that was grounds for a tech at that point. But leave it to Scott Fosters to not call any of this shit.
Yeah the illegal subs I was saying that's a tech, but yup...no call on any of that

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There was zero chance a tech was being called there.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There was zero chance a tech was being called there.
Yeah I would've been shocked if they actually called it.

To me it's one of those things like when Beverley knocked the ball away from Booker. Technically, sure it was out on Booker, but 2 minutes earlier that's Phoenix ball with no complaints. Similarly, in an earlier game situation that would've been a tech on the Clippers and no one would've complained. The rules in the last 2 minutes certainly seem to follow a different set of guidelines

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trae Young swag is off the charts. I mean the leagues D is absolute trash now, but he is a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.