CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ehhh. Maybe but that's really loose there. The article, which I admittedly cannot read the whole thing, is about Kim Johansson just vanishing from hockey I don't see anything in there that alludes to the sexual abuse allegations. Unless I'm just not seeing it because of the paywall.
That article was from 2020, I believe. The twitter user was trying to draw a conclusion from that. I agree that it doesn't really seem to be there, but Johnsson was whom he thought was John Doe. More coincidence that anything.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not trying to 'out' anyone. Their own lawyer narrowed it down to only a couple of possible players.

Also, I don't think anyone has anything against whoever it is. The only villans in this case are Aldrich and the front office of the Blackhawks especially if they gave the guy recommendations to continue assulting and abusing people.
I know but it's touchy subject....you did nothin' wrong buddy.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know but it's touchy subject....you did nothin' wrong buddy.

Everyone is curious as to who it is. Don't act like you're not.

If the lawyer is going to give identifying information on a radio station, there is no harm in exploring that curiosity. She also mentioned that the player knows his name will likely become public at some point.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If the lawyer is going to give identifying information on a radio station, there is no harm in exploring that curiosity. She also mentioned that the player knows his name will likely become public at some point.
Hence the "you did nothin' wrong buddy" part.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

As said, hearsay is not legally admissible and the speculation of us fans (a.k.a. air conditioner ballast) shouldn't mean anything in a court of law. Yeah, we're curious and speculation will happen. As long as the legal teams on both sides are all above board.

In situations like this--where it's a 'John Doe' case, there are usually valid reason to keep the identity anonymous. Hypothetically, let's assume that one or both of the victims took part in the Vancouver Limo Party. That could be used for character assassination even though any decent court of law shouldn't allow that--unfortunately it happens anyway.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
At this point I think it wouldn't be a bad thing to have this gut the management and make them start over.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point I think it wouldn't be a bad thing to have this gut the management and make them start over.
Yeah, I'm not sure there's a path out of this for everyone involved in sweeping it under the rug at the now infamous "all the brass was there" meeting.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

Yeah, I'm not sure there's a path out of this for everyone involved in sweeping it under the rug at the now infamous "all the brass was there" meeting.
Agreed and add the entire Wirtz family to that list. All should receive lifetime bans from the NHL.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks