Kraken Expansion Draft

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That's apples to oranges comparison with Ovechkin. Landeskog is only 28.

They're allowed to talk to him now. I just read they have been, but haven't been able to cement anything. So they're probably not picking him.
Again. Why the hell would you waste the pick. For what. 7 days of exclusive talks? If they are going to throw big money at him they can just wait a week. There is 0 reason to pick him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I wacko for preferring to protect Zadorov instead of Murphy?
Why protect either? Those are contracts we would pay them a draft pick in addition to select.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Again. Why the hell would you waste the pick. For what. 7 days of exclusive talks? If they are going to throw big money at him they can just wait a week. There is 0 reason to pick him.
Can't they offer an eight year if they own his rights?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With all the picks being a foregone conclusion(I don't remember that with LV's draft)this is nothing more than bad fucking TV......real bad fucking TV. The soccer player shoulda stayed out there.

The natives also seem to be getting more restless with every name.....errr......no-mane called.

greg23

Liked Posts:
With all the picks being a foregone conclusion(I don't remember that with LV's draft)this is nothing more than bad fucking TV......real bad fucking TV. The soccer player shoulda stayed out there.

The natives also seem to be getting more restless with every name.....errr......no-mane called.

It is pretty awful

Other than the soccer dude and video of the kids from Alaska, nobody else looks like they want to be there.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why protect either? Those are contracts we would pay them a draft pick in addition to select.
Z is unsigned so no contract to worry about and Murp for one left @3.85M isn't a big deal at all,de HAAN-job on the other hand would take a tanker full of high fructose corn syrup to move @4.55M.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Can't they offer an eight year if they own his rights?
They can do anything they want. Why would he accept if he's going on the open market in 7 days. Why would they pick him just just for the chance he would accept before hitting the open market. Something every player loves in their prime. What possibly benefit to him would it be to say, yeah sure I'll forsake free agency in 7 days to take your deal now. There isn't a deal they could offer him that would be better than what he selects in free agency.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They can do anything they want. Why would he accept if he's going on the open market in 7 days. Why would they pick him just just for the chance he would accept before hitting the open market. Something every player loves in their prime. What possibly benefit to him would it be to say, yeah sure I'll forsake free agency in 7 days to take your deal now. There isn't a deal they could offer him that would be better than what he selects in free agency.
Just saying they coulda offered an 8th year on a deal if they had his rights,he can only get 7 as an UFA.....not that it's a big factor.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think their defense is already better than the hawks
This is true, but then again I think the AHL and half of the ECHL have better defenses than the 'hawks.
And their goaltending is better
This may not be. Lankinen is still very young and has potential. We don't quite know exactly what he is yet and may not until 2023. He could get better as he sees more icetime and works the kinks out of his game...or he could completely peter out like Darling.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Buddy, it wouldn't have been "wasting the pick." They could have essentially signed him (during those talks) before they actually drafted him. Do you not know how this works? They did the same thing with Oleksiak and Larsson. You come to an agreement before actually "picking" the player.

Anyways, they tried and he wanted too much. So they knew not to pick him. The end.

Granada

Liked Posts:

That host with Moore (forget his name now) was fucking awful. Awkward, horrid jokes, and on top of it, he says "Carolina Panthers" when the Hurricane pick came up, lol.

The best part was trying to watch Shawn Kemp pronounce Donskoi.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not bad at all on the back end. As it stands they would not score much, but they are big and tough. Course, long way to go still.....

Granada

Liked Posts:
I was surprised they went that young. Seems like they picked a shit ton of d-men. Perhaps it was wishful thinking on my part that they would pick better players and screw other teams over, but it almost felt like Francis went out of his way to accommodate the grand majority of teams with his picks.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
John Quinnville?

Really? I mean I can agree with them after they did their homework that it wasn't worth taking any of the contracts we left exposed...but I don't think that was the best they could do from the farm of minimum salary players.

I guess we got lucky because they had interest in D they could get elsewhere. This was a non-event for the Hawks, though I'm not sure Stan didn't clusterfuck his team three times over just to "out smart" this thing.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I was a Seattle fan that ponied up for tickets, I'd not be a happy camper today. My new team already has the shittiest name in sports, but now it turns out it's actually an AHL expansion franchise...