Boog Sciambi

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was somewhat sad when Len left, and I still can't figure out why he left Cubs TV for White Sox radio, but whatever. I didn't know much about Boog going in, but he's growing on me. He's fine.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was somewhat sad when Len left, and I still can't figure out why he left Cubs TV for White Sox radio, but whatever. I didn't know much about Boog going in, but he's growing on me. He's fine.

Supposedly, Len wanted to do radio more than TV.

As a Sox fan, I think Len may have also just been looking to call games for a Sox team on the upswing vs a Cubs team that is unfortunately on a downswing.

I said it in Spring training.... this aint the Sox year, but perhaps Len is playing a longer game.

spectoris

Liked Posts:

As a Sox fan, I think Len may have also just been looking to call games for a Sox team on the upswing vs a Cubs team that is unfortunately on a downswing.

I said it in Spring training.... this aint the Sox year, but perhaps Len is playing a longer game.
That is exactly what Len did. I never like Len because I never thought he was a true Cubs fan like Santo, Pat Hughes, and even Ron Coomer. Now we know that my suspicions of Len Kasper were correct.

I think Jon Sciambi is a significant upgrade.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That is exactly what Len did. I never like Len because I never thought he was a true Cubs fan like Santo, Pat Hughes, and even Ron Coomer. Now we know that my suspicions of Len Kasper were correct.

Santo is the worst "announcer" I have ever heard. And that says a lot, considering I hear some really bad ones in St. Louis.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He also said it bugged him that he had to miss all the national games and all the playoff games while on tv broadcasts.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He also said it bugged him that he had to miss all the national games and all the playoff games while on tv broadcasts.
He would not have had to sit out any playoff games had he stayed with the Cubs.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Maybe he will grow on me, but I'm not a fan.

holyfriggincow

Liked Posts:

Oh yeah...I never liked Len's VOICE fer crissakes. I started watching the Cubs in '77 with Jack Brickhouse and I'd estimate I've seen well over 4,000 games over the years. JB, Harry, Milo, Dwayne, Chip, etc....Len was weak IMO. Strong knowledge of the game but he was boring frankly.