Pius Suter

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
No qualifying offer. Will he be resigned? He fell off as the season went on, but for sure a guy I'd like to see back

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he's gone. Rumor is he wants too much money and years.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I guess Bowman needs to save cap space since he wants MAF.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I was surprised by this too. Suter had a decent stretch early and looked like the real deal before falling back to earth as the season went along. I like him and would rather see him re-signed, but if he wants too much money, adios. It's his loss, because he would have a fantastic opportunity with the Hawks, compared to another team where he would probably have to fight to stay in the lineup.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess Bowman needs to save cap space since he wants MAF.
I'm not certain what you mean by MAF....but if it's Fluery you're refering to....that simply cannot happen. Well, with Stan the Cap Man....I guess it's possible. That would tie up roughly half the cap space with 4 players plus the guy is 36 years old.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Surprised but if it is a money thing than it makes sense. Time to see of guys in our system can step up in the bottom and middle 6.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I'm not certain what you mean by MAF....but if it's Fluery you're refering to....that simply cannot happen. Well, with Stan the Cap Man....I guess it's possible. That would tie up roughly half the cap space with 4 players plus the guy is 36 years old.

Yes I was reffering to Fleury. I keep seeing rumors that Stan wants him. Why not have 35mil+ tied up in Kane, Toews, Jones, and Fleury?

How much is too much for Suter? I guess the door is still open if other teams don't beat what the Hawks are willing to pay.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It did happen.
The team added 20 million worth of vet players(more like worth-less) two summers ago and another 20 million worth of vet players this summer and our resident nitwit says we're rebuilding.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
It did happen.
The team added 20 million worth of vet players(more like worth-less) two summers ago and another 20 million worth of vet players this summer and our resident nitwit says we're rebuilding.

Hello darkness my old friend.

Give Stan another 2-3 years and we will be drafting top-3 for a couple years or more. He is going to return this team into the abyss.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Give Stan another 2-3 years and we will be drafting top-3 for a couple years or more. He is going to return this team into the abyss.
I see a team that'll be around the no man's land otherwise known as .500 for the foreseeable future and that's actually worse than the abyss. We have the 'lucky sperm club' otherwise known as the spawn of Rocky and the spawn of Scotty playing fucking house with the team I've faithfully followed for over five decades......wonderful!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm hoping Stan is let go before that. Maybe the clusterfuck he wants to ice this year will be enough coupled with the Aldrich Fiasco.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I see a team that'll be around the no man's land otherwise known as .500 for the foreseeable future and that's actually worse than the abyss. We have the 'lucky sperm club' otherwise known as the spawn of Rocky and the spawn of Scotty playing fucking house with the team I've faithfully followed for over five decades......wonderful!

.500 for a year or two, then I foresee a bottom-3 team with empty seats in the stands. That formula worked once, guess we can try again.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
.500 for a year or two, then I foresee a bottom-3 team with empty seats in the stands. That formula worked once, guess we can try again.
SB will continue to hemorrhage picks and prospects in a futile attempt to stay somewhat relevant.......they should been a bottom feeder the last few years for the good of the team but the FO has no stomach for that.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Allowing an idiot to captain the ship makes this more than just a Bowman problem....it has now become an ownership issue. Bowman will just continue being Bowman until someone above him in the chain of command puts an end to it.

and BTW.....I'm guessing no contract to Suter is because he's probably in the package going to Vegas for Fluery. At least we know the Hawks will never get to the semi-finals so Fluery can't give the season away again.

Welcome to Chicago...

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Allowing an idiot to captain the ship makes this more than just a Bowman problem....it has now become an ownership issue. Bowman will just continue being Bowman until someone above him in the chain of command puts an end to it.

and BTW.....I'm guessing no contract to Suter is because he's probably in the package going to Vegas for Fluery. At least we know the Hawks will never get to the semi-finals so Fluery can't give the season away again.

Welcome to Chicago...

This. I tend not to hate on GMs and HCs too much because they can't help that they suck at their jobs, the onus is on ownership to fix the org-chart.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Welcome to Chicago...
Right on Diehard, this is now a Rocky problem, he will eventually have to make the wise decision and can this idiot of a GM.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
After getting Johnson they really don’t need Suter.

Johnsons better defensively, can actually win face offs, and was solid during the playoffs.

Suter is a fourth liner on a playoff team

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Suter benefitted from playing with Kane and Debrincat so his contract demands are clearly out of line for what he really brings to the table. He can't drive his own line. I'd bring him back if the price was reasonable. No harm in letting him test the market and then circling back to see what he was able to get from other teams first.