Chicago Bulls land Lonzo Ball

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
And extend lavine?
That I don’t know. Maybe if they could dump Aminu? Caruso took the majority of the MLE. Bulls still have the BAE and minimums to fill out roster. If they S+T Lauri for DeRozan, I don’t know how they would extend LaVine but AK is playing 4D chess and I’m salary cap ignorant so ya never know

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Nice. Ball will help them a lot <he actually plays defense>.
Yes he does...I watched a few Pelicans games and saw Ball and Hart give opposing backcourts serious problems in the 4th quarter. VanGundy got a few things right that he won't get credit for...giving Zion point forward duties and how he would utilize Ball and Hart defensively.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Not at all, but I think it's clear that a high priority for AKME is to get rid of anything associated (minus Zach) with GarPax.
Same happened when Pax came in 2003. By 2006 every remnant of Krause was gone.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Nice pick up. He will definitely run the offense and defend well.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Why would I be pissed?

My boring combo plan of Ball/Caruso is being implemented by someone out there.
Bulls should trade everyone and go the OKC route. Plus, tank hard, get high picks for the next 5 years. They have no chance at competing for a title for at least another decade+ on their current trajectory. Zach, Nikola and Lauri aint getting it done. AND Im being optimistic. Those firsts to Orlando were dumb.

Lonzo does nothing for them. I mean sure they could scrap a playoff team together or even be in range for a play in spot, but meh. Lonzo probably goes to Charlotte right. Bulls probably go After Dennis Schroder and JJ Reddick. JJ probably heads to LA though. So maybe the Bulls pursue someone like Kelly Oubre Jr instead.

I guess if Kawhi Leonard opts out and wants to go to the bulls, that would change things, but I doubt that happens. For shits sake I give it a 1% chance. HOPE

you clearly don’t think that much of ball. Now you pretend you like the signing

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
you clearly don’t think that much of ball. Now you pretend you like the signing

I said "Lonzo does nothing for them". I never said I would like the Bulls signing him. Nor did I say I would I hate the Bulls signing him. I did mention playoffs. When It comes to Lonzo, I said id match if I were the Pelicans, cause Lowry aint Paul and If Im Lowry im going to the Heat.

I question the Pelicans more than I do the Bulls. Pelicans gonna Griffin though. I did watch Zion bring the ball up a lot last year, so I get it, but still.

The Bulls are still on the outside looking in. They are not winning the Chip with Lonzo and this current roster. They are better than they were for sure. However, my overall position on the Bulls hasnt changed. If Ball continues to grow and is used correctly, he'll be worth his contract. Same for Alex if his production keeps up with higher usage.

Change 3-5 and the Bulls could compete with Ball, Lavine and Alex coming of the Bench.

I def liked the Caruso pick up.

So is my boring plan of Ball/Caruso exciting now?

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lonzo Ball > Ben Simmons
And Philadelphia will never win a championship with Ben Simmons. It is just one mans opinion.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
And Philadelphia will never win a championship with Ben Simmons. It is just one mans opinion.
Just looking at this team as a whole and I’m not calling it a championship team either. Maybe 6th seed.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes he does...I watched a few Pelicans games and saw Ball and Hart give opposing backcourts serious problems in the 4th quarter. VanGundy got a few things right that he won't get credit for...giving Zion point forward duties and how he would utilize Ball and Hart defensively.
What? VanGundy would sit ball at the end of games for Bledsoe. It was never the right move, but this is why VanGundy was a moron. His defense was literally to clog the paint and allow 3's. That was his defensive scheme in todays age. It was mind blowing.

Ball is inconsistent. Thats his problem. He gets consistent and Im not talking just shooting. Then, yall got something and I like Ball

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ok..The Chicago Bulls will never win a Championship with Lonzo Ball on the team.
They won't win as currently constructed. Ball won't be a reason the team doesn't win a ship though.

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ben Simmons is the superior player to Ball lol
Not if he doesn't get out of his head after that playoff showing.

If he does get past that, yes Simmons is better than Ball and its not really a question.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
get a look at this guy with the pinpoint passes he's dropping some Aaron Rodger's dots on the basketball court it's uncanny