Report: Blackhawks close to acquiring Marc Andre Fleury

Bust

Liked Posts:
Since the Hawks have had 11 first round picks since the dimwit took over(only the last three remain today),they spent a MASSIVE amount of money two summers ago(with almost NOTHING to show for it)and they spent a MASSIVE amount of money again this summer(can you say drunken sailor)......shouldn't that result in a pretty good team next year?

As a wise man and Jack Adams finalist once said......."we'll see".

Since this dude cherry picking stats....

LOL @ 3 stanley cups!!! It's as if it doesn't matter. Like it's a small feat to accomplish in the salary cap era, let alone the NHL, lol.

this board is pure daily entertainment <specially the hawks board>! Keep the laughs coming!!!!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Flower hasn’t missed the playoffs since 2005.

#AllIn

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanted Tuuka Rask so I can only view MAF as even better if he plays.

Neal+Fleury was dangerous.

Kane + Fleury too.

I will be very interested to see how bad this system can make Fleury look.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The great Marian Hossa might have been the best FA acquisition in Chicago sports history.

The ironic thing is that, many people didn't want him. They wanted to keep Havlat instead. Lol

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since this dude cherry picking stats....

LOL @ 3 stanley cups!!! It's as if it doesn't matter. Like it's a small feat to accomplish in the salary cap era, let alone the NHL, lol.

this board is pure daily entertainment <specially the hawks board>! Keep the laughs coming!!!!
How long do the cups won by Smith and Talon's picks buy this nitwit cover.........the last one was six years ago.

The HoF coach that Talon hired got no cover from the three cups and he's the guy who actually won em.

How the fuck is posting the loser's useless picks cherry picking? The dreadful return the nitwit has on those first round picks just required him to break the bank in free agency due to this dreadful return......again.

Let's hope the MASSIVE amount of money and assets spent this summer work out better than the MASSIVE amount of money and assets spent two summers ago.

Of course the three cups matter.....thank you Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane.......nobody else left to thank!

Granada

Liked Posts:
So it sounds like Fleury will indeed play for the Blackhawks. Good news, overall. It wouldn't have been a good look for him to sit-out and now Lanks has a solid mentor.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
So it sounds like Fleury will indeed play for the Blackhawks. Good news, overall. It wouldn't have been a good look for him to sit-out and now Lanks has a solid mentor.
It could be a a win win for the Hawks, if there season spirals out of control, I am sure MAF could get you a solid pick or prospect at the deadline. I would say maybe at that time you could move him to Pitts, but looking at there lineup, it ain’t all that impressive, I think they will be joining the Hawks in rebuild mode.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry. I don't like the deal and I don't like much of anything that Bowman did. So MAF comes here and maybe he plays well....the Hawks somehow slide into the playoffs and more than likely are headed out the back door just as quickly. Sure, everyone here is glowing because they got to see 4 or 5 games of Hawk playoff hockey. But what is the big picture other than Rocky having a few more bucks in his wallet? They will be right where they are right now and Kane, Toews and MAF will all be a year older.....and certainly no closer to being an elite NHL team.

Bowman is threading water.....but he will eventually drown with this philosophy. I didn't say it but someone here said that there might not be another Cup in our lifetime. He was probably kidding but he may be closer to the truth than he knows.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Sorry. I don't like the deal and I don't like much of anything that Bowman did. So MAF comes here and maybe he plays well....the Hawks somehow slide into the playoffs and more than likely are headed out the back door just as quickly. Sure, everyone here is glowing because they got to see 4 or 5 games of Hawk playoff hockey. But what is the big picture other than Rocky having a few more bucks in his wallet? They will be right where they are right now and Kane, Toews and MAF will all be a year older.....and certainly no closer to being an elite NHL team.

Bowman is threading water.....but he will eventually drown with this philosophy. I didn't say it but someone here said that there might not be another Cup in our lifetime. He was probably kidding but he may be closer to the truth than he knows.

Whether they make the playoffs or not has nothing to do with why Fleury playing is good news, to me anyway. I am just happy with regard to Lankinen and as HIM said, you can just flip him at the deadline if need be, just like Lehner. By all accounts, Fleury is a terrific teammate and you couldn't ask for a better mentor.

Whatever the goal is this year, this team needed a goalie either way. You couldn't ride an 82 game season with Lankinen/Subban. People seem to want to throw the Rockford Ice Hogs out there for an entire season, and honestly, that's just not realistic and would do more harm than good in terms of developing a team.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. Let's see what he's got both on the ice and as a mentor.

And let's hope Lankinen gets a good amount of starts and MAF isn't Kiprusoff'ed.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Offer Crawford the 2nd year and Lanks has his mentor last year and this coming year for half the money.
CC looked good the last time he took the net in the bubble round.
He finished the year healthy and concussion free with better numbers than Lehner behind the same D.
I highly doubt he retires if he re-signs in Chicago.
MAF is a top tender and much better than what we had last year but no better than CC....

CC career. 2.45gaa .918 SV% regular season 2.38/.918 PO's
MAF career 2.55gaa .913 SV% regular season 2.53/.912 PO's

MAF has three cups to CC's two but MAF was a spectator in the Pens last two.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It could be a a win win for the Hawks, if there season spirals out of control, I am sure MAF could get you a solid pick or prospect at the deadline. I would say maybe at that time you could move him to Pitts, but looking at there lineup, it ain’t all that impressive, I think they will be joining the Hawks in rebuild mode.
I see the Hawks either in a spot or in the hunt at the TDL and I doubt any selling will happen if they are. If they are spiraling out of control and a spot after another huge spending spree,most GM's would get the boot but who knows what the 'Liquor executive of the year' does. I also believe MAF has a M-NTC and I believe there's been rumors of an assurance of him finishing the year here.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Offer Crawford the 2nd year and Lanks has his mentor last year and this coming year for half the money.
CC looked good the last time he took the net in the bubble round.
He finished the year healthy and concussion free with better numbers than Lehner behind the same D.
I highly doubt he retires if he re-signs in Chicago.
MAF is a top tender and much better than what we had last year but no better than CC....

CC career. 2.45gaa .918 SV% regular season 2.38/.918 PO's
MAF career 2.55gaa .913 SV% regular season 2.53/.912 PO's

MAF has three cups to CC's two but MAF was a spectator in the Pens last two.

Way too risky with Crow's injury history. Stan couldn't take that bet, and it was the right call. Just my opinion.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Way too risky with Crow's injury history. Stan couldn't take that bet, and it was the right call. Just my opinion.
CC's injury history was only a concussion history from gettin' blasted and not protected,it wasn't as if he had a knee one year and a hip the next. He was concussion free his last year and looked good behind a weak D.

Yes CC might have been a gamble but so's spending twice as much on a guy who couldn't hold the net in the Pens last two cup runs.

Going with the three tenders the Hawks went with last year was the right call?

You didn't want him back for any money or term?

Granada

Liked Posts:
CC's injury history was only a concussion history from gettin' blasted and not protected,it wasn't as if he had a knee one year and a hip the next. He was concussion free his last year and looked good behind a weak D.

Yes CC might have been a gamble but so's spending twice as much on a guy who couldn't hold the net in the Pens last two cup runs.

Going with the three tenders the Hawks went with last year was the right call?

You didn't want him back for any money or term?

The concussion history was the problem, and it was a serious problem. He suffered two concussion in one year the year before his last and missed long stretches of time -- we all know this.

I don't see this as a gamble because you're not tied to Fleury for two years like you would have been with Crow and you can flip him at the deadline. The term is the biggest thing.

Your third point/sentence is a separate argument. I would have picked up another UFA goalie, like I said at the time. Think I wanted Bernier, but either way, yes, it was the right call, especially considering it was a shortened season and the team was essentially in limbo because of the Covid hiatus.

I wouldn't have minded seeing him Crawford at one year for 2.5 million, but as soon as he wanted more than one year, I wanted the Hawks to walk away. In the end, I was glad Crawford retired because his health is what the matters the most. It was time to move on, for both sides.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Before last season started not may people even knew who Lankinen was....now he's suddenly the goalie of the future? Plus you invest millions in a tutor for him? Please. You talk risk...there's your risk. The cold hard facts whether anyone here wants to believe it or not is that Bowman wasn't thinking of Lankenin, he was thinking of Bowman. He was thinking on how he can keep his two stars happy so they can keep him employed for another year. MAF will play probably 60-65 games while the "goalie of the future" rides the pines. And, if you are counting on Bowman playing the flip game just bear in mind that his last venture in flipping a goalie netted the Hawks Suppan.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Before last season started not may people even knew who Lankinen was....now he's suddenly the goalie of the future? Plus you invest millions in a tutor for him? Please. You talk risk...there's your risk. The cold hard facts whether anyone here wants to believe it or not is that Bowman wasn't thinking of Lankenin, he was thinking of Bowman. He was thinking on how he can keep his two stars happy so they can keep him employed for another year. MAF will play probably 60-65 games while the "goalie of the future" rides the pines. And, if you are counting on Bowman playing the flip game just bear in mind that his last venture in flipping a goalie netted the Hawks Suppan.

If he wanted to keep his "two stars" happy, he wouldn't have constantly pissed them off by trading away Panarin (who Kane loved playing with) and selling the past two deadlines. That's a silly narrative.

Lankinen is indeed the best goalie prospect in our system, like it or not. This year is make-or-break for him, and he deserves it, considering he did look like the real deal (with a shit defense) for a solid stretch last year. Give him a good mentor for a year and see if he is in fact the real deal. You would have been investing millions no matter what "tutor" you would have brought in anyways -- might as well give him the best one out there and not sign a FA because FA's would want term -- I don't know why people don't understand this. We've seen what guys like Cam Ward and Marty Turco at 3-4 million do. Nothing.

Lehner also fetched a second-round pick and a prospect. So yeah, I'd gladly play the flip game with Fleury again.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he wanted to keep his "two stars" happy, he wouldn't have constantly pissed them off by trading away Panarin (who Kane loved playing with) and selling the past two deadlines. That's a silly narrative.

Lankinen is indeed the best goalie prospect in our system, like it or not. This year is make-or-break for him, and he deserves it, considering he did look like the real deal (with a shit defense) for a solid stretch last year. Give him a good mentor for a year and see if he is in fact the real deal. You would have been investing millions no matter what "tutor" you would have brought in anyways -- might as well give him the best one out there and not sign a FA because FA's would want term -- I don't know why people don't understand this. We've seen what guys like Cam Ward and Marty Turco at 3-4 million do. Nothing.

Lehner also fetched a second-round pick and a prospect. So yeah, I'd gladly play the flip game with Fleury again.
I'd give Lanks this year and next... especially if he plays 2nd banana to MAF. He's got to be fugured out by the entirety of the league, and we have to then see how he adjusts. Just this year might not be enough to properly gauge him.