Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah, losing Thad and another 1st really hurts. Would of much rather given them lauri than Thad
Yeah but Thad is worth way more than Lauri so it is what it is. We're not going to get anyone of that quality for Lauri. If/when he's moved expect a very mediocre return

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah but Thad is worth way more than Lauri so it is what it is. We're not going to get anyone of that quality for Lauri. If/when he's moved expect a very mediocre return

yeah, I would of stayed away from derozan then. What we gave up, plus now it sounds like paying him a fuck ton. I’m curious how many years. It’s probably 4, and that too long

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'd think lauri and aminu will definitely get moved and probably white too. Maybe a package for a good PF

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
This is really dependent on P Will developing into an Ace. IF he does this in the next year or two we can get those championships.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
This is really dependent on P Will developing into an Ace. IF he does this in the next year or two we can get those championships.
P Will becoming Kawhi could do that. Otherwise they are like a 5-6 seed and first or second round exit for a few years. We might be the Hawks of the 2010 timeframe

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bulls can’t trade a first rounder until 2026. Big money for DeRozan though

It's even worse the further out they are. This pick better have crazy protections to point that its basically a hope and a dream for the Spurs that it conveys :ROFLMAO:

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
P Will becoming Kawhi could do that. Otherwise they are like a 5-6 seed and first or second round exit for a few years. We might be the Hawks of the 2010 timeframe
To me this makes sense, if you plan on being a high seed, the first round picks become much less valuable. And this gives us a 3 year window, and makes Chicago a destination to create a big 3 in the future. We value these picks too highly because the picks have been lottery the last few years.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Where is the guy who said blow this team up? Well in a way we did and loaded the dice. I don't care if its the superstars that everyone wants. It will be fun as hell to watch and I'm sure we will finally be back in the thick of things.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
To me this makes sense, if you plan on being a high seed, the first round picks become much less valuable. And this gives us a 3 year window, and makes Chicago a destination to create a big 3 in the future. We value these picks too highly because the picks have been lottery the last few years.
Absolutely this. Could care less about 1st round picks if they are late in the draft. It's the way the Lakers had been doing things for years and are now back to doing yet again cause drafting high sure didn't do shit for them. The new FO is working on making this a FA destination which we have all wanted for years.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
yeah, I would of stayed away from derozan then. What we gave up, plus now it sounds like paying him a fuck ton. I’m curious how many years. It’s probably 4, and that too long
I believe I read that it was three years.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Good post.

If I'm not mistaken the Bulls have first round picks in 2022 and 2024, and the 2023 goes to the Magic and 2025 to the Spurs. You can live with 2022 being anywhere, but the expectation is that 2023-25 are much later in the first round. Beyond that, the only value in late first round picks is depth.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Very interested to see the last moves. A Lauri trade should materialize in the next day or two I'd assume. Sign Niang as a defensive C with the MLE?