NBA Free Agency Thread

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So what are we now 4-6 seed in the East? Worst case scenario if this new team falls flat blow it all up to get picks back lol.
If they don’t finish top 4 that would be greatly disappointing. Two all stars in Zach and Vuc and now a real supporting cast. If they can’t translate that to winning then that’s on them. Demar is borderline all star and lonzo in theory has that potential. They have depth as well. Put up or shut up time. I’d like to see top 3 seed

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
First round picks are meh unless you're top 3 and MAYBE top 5. Otherwise it's depth pieces.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First round picks are meh unless you're top 3 and MAYBE top 5. Otherwise it's depth pieces.
If you're outside the lottery you're definitely getting into who cares territory. Most likely trading a role player for whatever asset you receive. In this case I would take Derozan over role player

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If they don’t finish top 4 that would be greatly disappointing. Two all stars in Zach and Vuc and now a real supporting cast. If they can’t translate that to winning then that’s on them. Demar is borderline all star and lonzo in theory has that potential. They have depth as well. Put up or shut up time. I’d like to see top 3 seed
This isn't the East of yesteryear... Getting into the Top 4 will be hard. The East is quite competitive now.

Who knows what becomes of the Sixers with Ben Simmons, if he gets traded, improves, doesn't.. who knows...but they're still a potential top team. The Bucks are defending champs.. the Nets, healthy, are the most dangerous team in the East. The Heat have a solid squad, as do the Celtics (if they can stay healthy). At this point you're sitting at 6, and we haven't even mentioned Trae Young and the Hawks.

I don't think the Knicks can repeat as a #4 seed, so I see them falling quite a bit. Wizards likely to suck now, don't see much change from Pacers/Hornets.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you're outside the lottery you're definitely getting into who cares territory. Most likely trading a role player for whatever asset you receive. In this case I would take Derozan over role player

Honestly, most years if you're not top 7-8 in lottery it's eh.. IMO.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Enter the BUT GIANNIS AND KAWHI WERE 15TH PICK people.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This isn't the East of yesteryear... Getting into the Top 4 will be hard. The East is quite competitive now.

Who knows what becomes of the Sixers with Ben Simmons, if he gets traded, improves, doesn't.. who knows...but they're still a potential top team. The Bucks are defending champs.. the Nets, healthy, are the most dangerous team in the East. The Heat have a solid squad, as do the Celtics (if they can stay healthy). At this point you're sitting at 6, and we haven't even mentioned Trae Young and the Hawks.

I don't think the Knicks can repeat as a #4 seed, so I see them falling quite a bit. Wizards likely to suck now, don't see much change from Pacers/Hornets.
Realistically, I think 6 seed is a win for Bulls next season.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

6 seed would be an utter failure

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
6 seed would be an utter failure
Just saying, 3 seed isn't going to be easy and I think 6 is much more realistic.

Predicting it is kind of a crap shoot as you never know what may happen, but I just find it hard to get the Bulls to a 3 seed. Only way I see it is them staying 100% healthy and other teams not.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Just saying, 3 seed isn't going to be easy and I think 6 is much more realistic.

Predicting it is kind of a crap shoot as you never know what may happen, but I just find it hard to get the Bulls to a 3 seed. Only way I see it is them staying 100% healthy and other teams not.
All fair. Won’t be easy for sure but I really like the way the pieces fit. Very difficult predict, but I think they should finish top 3-5. If not, then some of these guys on the roster aren’t as good as they should be

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
All fair. Won’t be easy for sure but I really like the way the pieces fit. Very difficult predict, but I think they should finish top 3-5. If not, then some of these guys on the roster aren’t as good as they should be
I think the key is how well Patrick Williams can improve more so than acquiring Ball/DeRozan.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I think the key is how well Patrick Williams can improve more so than acquiring Ball/DeRozan.
Definitely at least equally important. He has to take a leap. He’s not going to be an all star this year, but we need to really start seeing those flashes consistently.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I‘m curious if DeRozan’s last year is an option. Either way its nice to finally be excited about the Bulls again. It’s been a while.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I‘m curious if DeRozan’s last year is an option. Either way its nice to finally be excited about the Bulls again. It’s been a while.
I read it is fully guaranteed.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
That’d be nice. Or partial GTD

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Lakers picking up 50 peeps this offseason

Carmelo Anthony to the Lakers
Malik Monk to the Lakers
Kendrick Nunn to the Lakers
Andre Drummond to 76ers.
Markieff Morris to the Heats
Hassan Whiteside to the Jazz
Rudy Gay to the Jazz