hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
With the sexual abuse allegations holding a dark cloud over the organization, it’s time for Hawks owner Rocky Wirtz to drive a wedge between the Chicago Blackhawks franchise and Stan Bowman. This is not about what kind of GM Stan is, what trades he did or didn’t do, if you dislike him or not. These allegations are extremely serious, there will be no payoff here. The deeper JohnDoes attorneys dig, the greater the reflection on this franchise will be, the 2010 Championship will be tainted and all our beloved superstars will be looked at differently from all walks of life. Rocky needs to do the honorable thing, cut ties with Bowman and company and make things right and that will never happen as long as Bowman is still the GM of this team.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Perfect time to get rid of him was when we lucked out with the number 3 pick. Right now it would be nice to get rid of him even if it’s not for performance reasons like op brings up. But next gm is left with a roster constructed like playing a damn video game. Wish they would have forced him to resign or threaten to fire him when all these allegations first popped up

TL1961

Liked Posts:
With the sexual abuse allegations holding a dark cloud over the organization, it’s time for Hawks owner Rocky Wirtz to drive a wedge between the Chicago Blackhawks franchise and Stan Bowman. This is not about what kind of GM Stan is, what trades he did or didn’t do, if you dislike him or not. These allegations are extremely serious, there will be no payoff here. The deeper JohnDoes attorneys dig, the greater the reflection on this franchise will be, the 2010 Championship will be tainted and all our beloved superstars will be looked at differently from all walks of life. Rocky needs to do the honorable thing, cut ties with Bowman and company and make things right and that will never happen as long as Bowman is still the GM of this team.
I won’t look at any stars differently because of what a nonplayer did. Sorry.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I won’t look at any stars differently because of what a nonplayer did. Sorry.
First and foremost don’t be sorry, but if these allegations are true and these so called stars that many kids look up to and we fans cheer for had any inquiry, they are just as guilty for not bringing this forward. I can tell you first hand, a lockerroom is like a brotherhood, everyone knows everything thing that is transpiring in and around the team. Eventually when the attorneys start pushing the wall it will break and the truth will be brought forward. Nick Boynton and Brent Sopel are already shaking the trees, this will not be swept away, Maybe you will still see Toews and company as they are, but you will be in the minority as the whole 2010 team is already being ripped a new one for what is currently going on, this will turn ugly in the near future.

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:

How exactly is the 2010 Stanley cup title going to be tainted?

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
How exactly is the 2010 Stanley cup title going to be tainted?
The championship will never change, however the players will be viewed differently placing a dark cloud over that cup win. Sexual abuse is a very serious issue, and quit honesty many people don’t give a flying fuck about athletes but they will certainly know what happened surrounding that team, Implicated or not, the pitchforks are already out.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What more could the players (many young and new to the league) have done? It was already brougt to management. It's on them to act on the situation, not a 21 year old Kane.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The championship will never change, however the players will be viewed differently placing a dark cloud over that cup win. Sexual abuse is a very serious issue, and quit honesty many people don’t give a flying fuck about athletes but they will certainly know what happened surrounding that team, Implicated or not, the pitchforks are already out.

Dark cloud?

You're going off the deep end and to the extreme.

Are the players implicated in some sort of locker room circle jerk? No...its some lower level strength coach...his guilt or innocence won't affect the legitimacy of the Stanley cup win or the players that won it.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Bar Raised = Jobs are on the line. This is what the bowman haters want, no?

Colliton goes if Hawks stumble out of the gates. Stan goes if the team don't right the ship.

It's not rocket science. DUH!!!!!!

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What more could the players (many young and new to the league) have done? It was already brougt to management. It's on them to act on the situation, not a 21 year old Kane.
A 21 year old Pat Kane is no longer a child and if Management couldn’t do the right thing JohnDoes teammates should have, instead the team not a whole but particular individuals insulted and made fun of the guy. We are fans of the Hawks we wear the blindfold, read around social media, Twitter and other radio stations, your statement is weak Tater thats a poor excuse.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Dark cloud?

You're going off the deep end and to the extreme.

Are the players implicated in some sort of locker room circle jerk? No...its some lower level strength coach...his guilt or innocence won't affect the legitimacy of the Stanley cup win or the players that won it.
The issue here Greg is your thinking about the Hawks as a fan, you wear the blindfold, and in reference to black cloud, whenever a subject comes up about the team, the first question is always about the allegation. When Fluery, Johnson and Jones were brought here, the media bombarded Bowman with questions not about his new acquisitions but what happened in 2010. If you don’t see that as an issue I am not sure what can be said.
How can the players be implicate, no one is at this point.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A 21 year old Pat Kane is no longer a child and if Management couldn’t do the right thing JohnDoes teammates should have, instead the team not a whole but particular individuals insulted and made fun of the guy. We are fans of the Hawks we wear the blindfold, read around social media, Twitter and other radio stations, your statement is weak Tater thats a poor excuse.

Sorry, I don't think it's weak. ONLY the management had the power to do anything about it and they didn't. What could the players have done besides go to management with it? They can't fire anyone or write letters of recommendation.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Sorry, I don't think it's weak. ONLY the management had the power to do anything about it and they didn't. What could the players have done besides go to management with it? They can't fire anyone or write letters of recommendation.
The media, the guys you play hockey with are your brothers, you don’t leave them hang out to dry, and if anything it’s 2021, if you couldn’t do the right thing then, do it now. Did Theo Fluery rely on management? And the countless other players who are now dealing with the trauma for the rest of there lives.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m not laying the blame at the players. Sure none stepped up to the plate as you expect but at same time it’s not on them. They could have brought awareness to the issue but the people in position of power is the front office and ownership. It’s on them ?. Either way bowman shouldn’t have been able to survive this long based on these allegations and his garbage ass performance

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I’m not laying the blame at the players. Sure none stepped up to the plate as you expect but at same time it’s not on them. They could have brought awareness to the issue but the people in position of power is the front office and ownership. It’s on them ?. Either way bowman shouldn’t have been able to survive this long based on these allegations and his garbage ass performance
I understand that people feel it’s not on the players, but at the same time, when the players are insulting the victim and making jokes at his expense, that’s when it draws the line. Zombie if the player was Pat Sharp or Big Buff, this whole story would be different.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
That’s exactly it Bowman should be fired already

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Tater I am not going after you and as always I respect your opinion, I honestly feel disgusted over the whole thing, I had a coach when I was playing Atom AA that we found out years later he was abusing players from years past, there was no one on our team thank god, but this whole issue just aggravates me. The trauma and mental illness that goes on for that one player or 2 will never be understood. It just pisses me off as a human not even a Blackhawks fan, that piece of shit Bowman swept it under the rug like the guy is dirt.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I respect you as well, and I think we're all disgusted by it. I guess I just feel the blame starts at the top.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was 11 years ago or thereabouts....of the players and coaches only Toews and Kane are left. It's old, ugly news that's being rehashed and probably for good reason. I just think the Hawks are doing their best to bury this and firing Bowman would put this shit in the headlines again. It just might be part of the reason that Bowman's sorry ass is still around.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s exactly it Bowman should be fired already
Yeah....

"Timing" can't be recovered again.

Go back to mid 2016 when the team was breaking win records.

Bowman tinkered with shit despite a franchise best streak and that's where things started to fall apart.

We were so loaded at that moment it would take a dozen each of bad trades, bad signings, and bad draft picks to bring us to hopelessness and a bunch of kids plus meager core and no farm where they are now.

Last edited: