I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I would feel it is more likely the MLB teams have gone to using pitch labs and that is giving a cometitive edge to pitching right now in general. The finger glue and the sweat rosin pitch have also been known issues. 2019 the ball was juiced. 20-21 it was not.

Bellenger also has tanked. Both were league best. Javy tanked. He was a league best.

So saying all were cheating? That is fucking lazy. Baseball is a constantly evolving game. Some fall behind like Bryant but have to evolve or get eaten up.

whats fucking lazy is just throwing covid out as an excuse for why Yelich has been so bad the last two seasons. The fact that as soon as baseball cracked down on the sign stealing, Yelich started sucking isn’t a conspiracy theory, it’s just a theory based on factual happenings. To compare it to the capitol riots that actually happened because of conspiracy and lies, that’s beyond lazy…it’s just fucking stupid

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
whats fucking lazy is just throwing covid out as an excuse for why Yelich has been so bad the last two seasons. The fact that as soon as baseball cracked down on the sign stealing, Yelich started sucking isn’t a conspiracy theory, it’s just a theory based on factual happenings. To compare it to the capitol riots that actually happened because of conspiracy and lies, that’s beyond lazy…it’s just fucking stupid
It's comical the change in yelich numbers. I love that he's signed through 2028 and it appears every year (20-28) on that extension is going to be an absolute disaster

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It's comical the change in yelich numbers. I love that he's signed through 2028 and it appears every year (20-28) on that extension is going to be an absolute disaster

I wouldnt bank on anything yet.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
His OBA is .382. Hard hit rate about the same. ISO dropped to .131. BABIP .329.

So all of the numbers are not off at all. His walk rate went up to 19% amd strike outs 28% up 8%.

So this might just be a lack of an agressive approach. He might have to go back to attacking more and let the rest play out.

Schwarber had the same issue. Went too far on the passive side.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Not proven. I wouldnt make much of this year's funk. There are plenty of hitters that are on the downswing post COVID.

The whoke drama between him and Yu never blew over into fines. So MLB did not fine. Nothing to see here.

One thang is for sure. Brewer ownership can't be too happy to see their early investment paying off to the tune of 9 years and 215 million.

Yelich went from 44 homeruns to present day 6, VI, Six! ... those are Jayson Heyward power numbers. This is not what ownership paid for.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
One thang is for sure. Brewer ownership can't be too happy to see their early investment paying off to the tune of 9 years and 215 million.

Yelich went from 44 homeruns to present day 6, VI, Six! ... those are Jayson Heyward power numbers. This is not what ownership paid for.

it’s almost as if knowing what pitch is coming has some sort of influence…but no, that cant be according to @CSF77

CSF77

Liked Posts:

ESPN was talking about Confroto andchis struggles. Rojas talked to him and the conversation led to passive and not being able to trigger on a pitch. Then let into being more aggressive on hitters counts.

So the talk was more so ball 2 strike 0 and so on. When a pitcher will have to go in zone more he should be looking to swing.

Dont worry what they say. They think that a player has to cheat to be good even though his success started with Flordia and continued.

But alas no. Must have been the bull pen guys flashing the signals and the hitters looking off into the sidelines right before a 100 MPH comes near striking distance.

I dont know about you but looking away then trying to lock back in is fucking stupid. Most hitters focus on the pitcher. Fingers, elbow location. Little details that key a pitch.

Im pretty sure if there was something MLB would have necroed his PA's and seeing a trend busted him.

But nope 2 years later.

Let the conspericy theorists have their fun while cooking hot dogs talking about how to make bombs and hiw Donnie will sit back on his throne.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
ESPN was talking about Confroto andchis struggles. Rojas talked to him and the conversation led to passive and not being able to trigger on a pitch. Then let into being more aggressive on hitters counts.

So the talk was more so ball 2 strike 0 and so on. When a pitcher will have to go in zone more he should be looking to swing.

Dont worry what they say. They think that a player has to cheat to be good even though his success started with Flordia and continued.

But alas no. Must have been the bull pen guys flashing the signals and the hitters looking off into the sidelines right before a 100 MPH comes near striking distance.

I dont know about you but looking away then trying to lock back in is fucking stupid. Most hitters focus on the pitcher. Fingers, elbow location. Little details that key a pitch.

Im pretty sure if there was something MLB would have necroed his PA's and seeing a trend busted him.

But nope 2 years later.

Let the conspericy theorists have their fun while cooking hot dogs talking about how to make bombs and hiw Donnie will sit back on his throne.
Yelich numbers were far superior to his Miami numbers in his cheating years. We are almost over a full season of absolutely shit play since being called out about cheating though. Also idk why you think the scenario of cheating is so outlandish when Houston and Boston literally were caught doing just that, relaying signs to the hitters

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

But nope 2 years later.

ummm no shit hitters hit better in 2-0 counts than they do 0-2 counts. You really think this is some amazing breakdown or insight youre giving us?!

this isn’t some new phenomenon of the last two years. Thats been the case for the entire history of baseball

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
ummm no shit hitters hit better in 2-0 counts than they do 0-2 counts. You really think this is some amazing breakdown or insight youre giving us?!

this isn’t some new phenomenon of the last two years. Thats been the case for the entire history of baseball
I liked in whatever thread it was he was repeating the same thing about how well run organizations are more successful than poorly run organizations as if that somehow was useful or new information to anyone

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I liked in whatever thread it was he was repeating the same thing about how well run organizations are more successful than poorly run organizations as if that somehow was useful or new information to anyone

he’s like the John madden of the cubs forum, but less likeable

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yelich numbers were far superior to his Miami numbers in his cheating years. We are almost over a full season of absolutely shit play since being called out about cheating though. Also idk why you think the scenario of cheating is so outlandish when Houston and Boston literally were caught doing just that, relaying signs to the hitters
They were caught, and many people in the game have commented that "it's not like they were the only ones". It's an open secret.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Not to take either side in the Yelich is or isn't a cheater argument, he's only had 3 ABs this season with a 2-0 count where he put the ball in play so far this season. You could say he isn't being aggressive but in the 56 total PA after a 2-0 count, his slash line is .231/.643/.423. The BA is in line with the rest of his season and the SLG is well above not to mention his OBP.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They were caught, and many people in the game have commented that "it's not like they were the only ones". It's an open secret.
Some are better at it than others.....some, like Yelich, can do more with the info provided than others can. I'll give him credit for that. He's a better cheater than most.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Here's my take on Madrigal. He directly counters the type of pitcher popular today. I've seen the idea floated around that he's an empty average type player but I disagree with that. Juan Pierre in the height of the steroid era was an empty average player. The game has changed. We live in a very much 3 true outcome world. What this means is it's increasingly difficult to score runs without homers because walks get you a singular base and batting averages are at historic lows. The issue with that as we've seen is homers are very inconsistent. In the steroid era, singles weren't all that big because offense was so inflated. But having players who can push base runners around bases is increasingly important.

And that's making a pretty big assumption that he wont increase his power and wont be a better on base guy. He adds either of those two things and he could be a super star.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's my take on Madrigal. He directly counters the type of pitcher popular today. I've seen the idea floated around that he's an empty average type player but I disagree with that. Juan Pierre in the height of the steroid era was an empty average player. The game has changed. We live in a very much 3 true outcome world. What this means is it's increasingly difficult to score runs without homers because walks get you a singular base and batting averages are at historic lows. The issue with that as we've seen is homers are very inconsistent. In the steroid era, singles weren't all that big because offense was so inflated. But having players who can push base runners around bases is increasingly important.

And that's making a pretty big assumption that he wont increase his power and wont be a better on base guy. He adds either of those two things and he could be a super star.
I said awhile ago that I believed the Cubs were going in a different direction offensively. I think Madrigal is the poster boy for that change. It's hard to live on HRs and strike outs. I know they are both really prevalent right now in baseball but that doesn't make it the right way to go. The more contact and baserunners you get, the quicker you can get your opponent's starter to that 100 pitch count.

The only thing that bothers me about this kid is his injuries.