Zach Davies absolutely suck.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
I hope the front office sit Zach Davies and in his spot start young guys so they gain valuable experience.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I hope the front office sit Zach Davies and in his spot start young guys so they gain valuable experience.

and yet Arrieta manages to make him look like Greg Maddux

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Agree, Forgot about Arrieta.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Monday: Mills
Tue: Steel
Wed: Arrieta
Thurs: Hendricks

Fri: Not announced
Sat: Not Announced.

David said 6 man rotation. Thompson will be inserted when he gets evaluated. I would expect a 6 man rotation but Thompson bumping Davies out. Jed couldn't trade him so he should just eat that loss and look towards 2022.

Like the Cubs did with Steele, righty Keegan Thompson is currently being stretched out as a starter for Triple-A Iowa after a stay in the Cubs' bullpen. Through two starts, Thompson has logged 6 1/3 shutout innings with seven strikeouts and two hits allowed.
Hottovy said Thompson is still building up his pitch count and the Cubs will continue to evaluate the situation. In his most recent outing on Thursday, Thompson threw 52 pitches in 3 1/3 innings.

In his last five starts, Steele has spun a 0.87 ERA with 27 strikeouts and nine walks in 20 2/3 innings. In that span, the lefty has surrendered just 11 hits (no home runs), limiting opposing Triple-A hitters to a .151 average (.431 OPS)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
On a 6 man rotation Davies lines up on game 2 vs Fla. His next start would be the 19 which is a off day.

Thompson I would expect 5 starts. Tue is is third VS Omaha. Then Sunday vs Omaha again for his 4th. 20th vs St Paul would be his 5th start. The 25th would be his next scheduled day.

Davies day would be the 19th which is a off day. The 25th would be his next day. Which match up VS the Rockies.

So I would say that the writing is on the wall right now and they are lining up Davies cut after his next start. Then Thompson taking over on the 25th going forward.

Jake they will let run to the end. Out of respect for what he has done for this team. And they want to limit innings anyways. I doubt Abbott is in the plans to start so keeping Jake is not affecting a decision process. His is just helping with lowering work loads.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
A nice long fictitious trip to the IL to spare us would be nice.
So who has the answer as to why this guy is having his worst year ever after a couple of more than respectable years? I hope to hear something plausible other than his catcher calls a shitty game. Velocity? Spin rate … was he one of the cheats? Wind was blowing out all year?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
A nice long fictitious trip to the IL to spare us would be nice.
So who has the answer as to why this guy is having his worst year ever after a couple of more than respectable years? I hope to hear something plausible other than his catcher calls a shitty game. Velocity? Spin rate … was he one of the cheats? Wind was blowing out all year?

its because Davies has a very small margin of error. His stuff is not over powering. When he doesn’t locate his pitches he gets hit hard and walks guys. Bad combination. But hey, I was told that the cubs wouldn’t see that much of a drop off from Yu to Davies ?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Cubs are on target for a top 5 pick, possibly even top 3 <they need help tho>. Davies is gonna help the team get to that goal!

All that matters boyz . . .

Top 5 pick + 100+ million dollars = 2024 World Series champs.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Cubs are on target for a top 5 pick, possibly even top 3 <they need help tho>. Davies is gonna help the team get to that goal!

All that matters boyz . . .

Top 5 pick + 100+ million dollars = 2024 World Series champs.
There is 0% chance they get top 3. Getting to number 5 is going to be tough, but that #5 pick might be attainable

Bust

Liked Posts:
There is 0% chance they get top 3. Getting to number 5 is going to be tough, but that #5 pick might be attainable

It's a 10 loss difference between Cubs and Pittsburgh. Pirates are right there as well with a top 3.

Cubs and Pirates play each other 7 more times! This could have a huge bearing if the Cubs can inch towards a top 3 pick!@ still plenty games left to lose.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I see Kyle H got the tankathon memo as well.
Someone needs to create a draft pick position tracker thread.