2020-2021 Around the NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls wanted Lonzo last season already, so it was pretty clear 5 months ago we were going after him anyway... ??‍♂️

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If you are a middle of the pack player and some team is offering you 80 million dollars - TAKE IT.

Only superstars can get away with turning down that type of money.

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you are a middle of the pack player and some team is offering you 80 million dollars - TAKE IT.

Only superstars can get away with turning down that type of money.

I think he was banking on getting a big contract after seeing lesser players cash in in recent years.

However, after a down year for the Lakers and a reduced cap because of Covid, this wasn't the year for him to take that gamble.

Crazy how he went from wanting 25 million a year to hoping he'd get the full MLE for 9.5 million haha.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I think he was banking on getting a big contract after seeing lesser players cash in in recent years.

However, after a down year for the Lakers and a reduced cap because of Covid, this wasn't the year for him to take that gamble.

Crazy how he went from wanting 25 million a year to hoping he'd get the full MLE for 9.5 million haha.
4/84 is a big contract and you're the starting PG on a championship-level team in Los Angeles!!!

Hard to believe anyone would have offered more. I'm guessing he thought he could test the market to see and the offer from LA would still be there. They totally pulled the rug out from under him when they traded for Westbrook.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Marko looking a lot better this game than last

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Alize Johnson waived - could be a get for us.

Could fool casual fans into thinking Jimmy Butler is on the team all season.

alize-johnson.jpg

Last edited:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Nets are lame. Signing all the geriatric PF the bulls want (Millsap and Aldridge)
On the bright side it feels better to lose out on those guys than the big fish.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kenneth Faried a potential option for back up PF?
I think he's perfect to not block anyone's development while creating much more diverse lineup options.

In case of injury it's experienced depth, and a mentality to install in P Will longterm, pair with Stanley Johnson.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Philly: Ben, we really need you to learn how to shoot.

Ben:
1632262027868.png

I am never playing for you guys again.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
In fairness to Ben, Philly threw him under the bus the moment buzzer sounded in game 7. If they were planning to ask what they have been in return, then they should have played the situation far smarter as to not burn the bridge.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In fairness to Ben, Philly threw him under the bus the moment buzzer sounded in game 7. If they were planning to ask what they have been in return, then they should have played the situation far smarter as to not burn the bridge.
I don't disagree about what Philly did, but I also don't think his value was ever going to be what Philly has allegedly been asking for.

The performance vs Atlanta was heavily on display to everyone, you can't look past that. His value alone tanks there. The Sixers have probably tanked it further though.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
They threw him under the bus after years of asking him to improve his game and him not doing it and embarrassing himself in the playoffs. I have no issue with what they did. It was either going to finally motivate him to figure it out or force him out and if it forced him out then it shows he has no intention of ever getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.