I am all in on rebuild

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hitting is at historic low points, and you want to raise the mound?

Less arm injuries. TJ was never a thing until it was lowered. It is the single factor for the creation of saves and big bull pens.

It really has nothing to do with balance. It is about safety. Give the hitters a cookie or two to balance the game. Like A DH and a bouncy ball like 2019. But give the pitchers their arms back. When TJ is so common where you expect a pitcher to get it and it never existed pre lowering there is a core mechanical issue going on.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Less arm injuries. TJ was never a thing until it was lowered. It is the single factor for the creation of saves and big bull pens.

It really has nothing to do with balance. It is about safety. Give the hitters a cookie or two to balance the game. Like A DH and a bouncy ball like 2019. But give the pitchers their arms back. When TJ is so common where you expect a pitcher to get it and it never existed pre lowering there is a core mechanical issue going on.
It wasn't seen before lowering the mound because the surgery and technology didn't exist yet. At that point guys careers were probably just over when they had arm issues

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It wasn't seen before lowering the mound because the surgery and technology didn't exist yet. At that point guys careers were probably just over when they had arm issues

I've thought of that also.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
the research on the 2nd one supports flat ground over 10 inch throwing on stress to the body.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Cubs got swept by the lowly Marlins. They are now just one game from leap frogging the Marlins in draft position.

11 game loss streak! Keep it rolling !!

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
That is where it lies. We saw how the fans lit up Milton Bradley. We might see worse if he signed a deal.
Or he's like Aroldis Chapman and fans don't care/only clutch their pearls in front of the camera when asked about it before cheering their asses off at the local bar because he's good and usually putting his team in a position to win...

Interesting to see speculative lineups with Castellanos in them, believe he played for Cubs and they decided he was not worth a contract offer. Now why would that guy want to come back to the Cubs unless he was going to get huge dollars and did not care about winning anything for 2-3 years min.
See this is what I don't get from people/speculation of wanting Castellanos back...

Its not about what the cubs did/didn't offer Castellanos. It's about his market being 16 million per year a couple of years ago and him signing with Cinci. 27 years old. That tells you what you need to know--he's a liability on the defensive side of the ball and a luxury/double-edged sword for anybody in the NL.

If he opts out of Cinci--he takes a huge risk of taking a pay cut and cuts his market to AL only because he'll be 30, looking for 4+ years, and if he's bad now at 29 going on 30 at defense--what's he going to look like at 34 going on 35? DH only.

This team is in full Re-Build, nothing lite about it for 2022 and 2023 "might" be slightly better.
My initial thought--the only difference between end of 2011 and now is more talent presently in Farm System, some of it already at AA (specifically Brennan Davis and Amaya)--but pitching in the minors leaving way too much to be desired.

I'm impatient/have negative expectations at this point with all of these college arms who have their moment on draft day and everybody gushing over them/projecting them high in rotations or bullpens before they inevitably disappear and we never hear their name again until they're a reclamation project that sometimes works for somebody else like Pierce Johnson, Rob Zastrysny, or Thomas Hatch. Lot more names that couldn't crack an MLB line up or fizzled out like Jake Stinnett, Tyler Skulina, and more.

Lots of pressure is going to be on Marquez to live up to TOR expectations--or 30+ mil will have to go to 1+ FA like it did Lester.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Or he's like Aroldis Chapman and fans don't care/only clutch their pearls in front of the camera when asked about it before cheering their asses off at the local bar because he's good and usually putting his team in a position to win...

See this is what I don't get from people/speculation of wanting Castellanos back...

Its not about what the cubs did/didn't offer Castellanos. It's about his market being 16 million per year a couple of years ago and him signing with Cinci. 27 years old. That tells you what you need to know--he's a liability on the defensive side of the ball and a luxury/double-edged sword for anybody in the NL.

If he opts out of Cinci--he takes a huge risk of taking a pay cut and cuts his market to AL only because he'll be 30, looking for 4+ years, and if he's bad now at 29 going on 30 at defense--what's he going to look like at 34 going on 35? DH only.

My initial thought--the only difference between end of 2011 and now is more talent presently in Farm System, some of it already at AA (specifically Brennan Davis and Amaya)--but pitching in the minors leaving way too much to be desired.

I'm impatient/have negative expectations at this point with all of these college arms who have their moment on draft day and everybody gushing over them/projecting them high in rotations or bullpens before they inevitably disappear and we never hear their name again until they're a reclamation project that sometimes works for somebody else like Pierce Johnson, Rob Zastrysny, or Thomas Hatch. Lot more names that couldn't crack an MLB line up or fizzled out like Jake Stinnett, Tyler Skulina, and more.

Lots of pressure is going to be on Marquez to live up to TOR expectations--or 30+ mil will have to go to 1+ FA like it did Lester.

Castellanos is a career 122 wRC+ and is peaking at 144 this year he opt out and teams will look at him as a impact bat DH or not. What Theo did in 19 has little to do with what Jed does in 2021-22 winter.

That said. There is speculation that Tommy got over his head in the restoration. Covid really stuck it to him and put him in the red. So next year most likely will be a mulligan with the following year as a target spending year. I would expect next year status Que. Add a few vet pen arms. Give a year for the farm to sort out. Then the following year look to push again.

So in view of that I see Amaya and Davis in Iowa for the majority. Called up post trade deadline.

Pitching status Que. Hendricks or Mills traded in July. Kilian added then. Marquez a full year at Tenn.

Pen I expect 2-3 vets added.

Line up. I can see status Que to be honest. Bryzzo replaced by Schwindom. Happ replaces Joc. Ortega replaces Happ. Heyward same.

On trade bait. Depends on Amaya. The fear is he has no power. That makes him a glove first and vastly over rated. He is most likely going to fall off the top 100. So I would lock up Contreras.

End of the day. Hendricks most likely traded Happ same or cut. Davis and Kilian called up.

2023 it really depends on the quality of the current and what they have pending. Time will answer that issue.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Quo is not a real word so spell checker auto changes it.

So get over it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Looks like Merriam-Webster disagrees with you.

Not scrabble legal.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Back to Cubs.

It is amazing how this team can tank in so many ways.

At least Thompson got up to 60 pitches and Maples got a clean inning yesterday. After seeing a 8 run drop I'm expecting the next rotation of plebs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not scrabble legal.

It's not legal in Scrabble because it's a Latin phrase. But Status Quo is a legitimate term.

You can't use America in Scrabble either, but that doesn't mean you can't use it in conversation.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It's not legal in Scrabble because it's a Latin phrase. But Status Quo is a legitimate term.

You can't use America in Scrabble either, but that doesn't mean you can't use it in conversation.

Like I said. Auto spell on phone changed it.

Get over it nerd.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Guys guys guys… @CSF77 is a bastion of spelling knowledge!!! He’s playing 4D chess with his spelling!!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guys guys guys… @CSF77 is a bastion of spelling knowledge!!! He’s playing 4D chess with his spelling!!
I guess it was auto spell that kept changing Rodon to Rondon.....for about 20 posts.

Don't you just love digging at guys that never admit to a mistake..... LOL

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I guess it was auto spell that kept changing Rodon to Rondon.....for about 20 posts.

Don't you just love digging at guys that never admit to a mistake..... LOL

there was another classic that he kept spelling wrong over and over, but I can’t remember what it was anymore. @Chicagosports89 do you member?!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Is it Albert Alozay? He loved him but butchered his name for so long. I know there's others as well

thats another one. The one I’m trying to remember was a regular word like ounce or some shit like that