Looking into 2022..

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
It look like we got a replacements for the first base and CF. It's only a small sample, but Ortega and Schwindel can hit and play some defense. Hopefully more step in..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If I had to write in a starting 8 today on what carries over.

LF Hermosillo
CF Ortega
RF Heyward
3B Wisdom
SS Hoerner
2B Madrigal
1B Schwindel
C Contreras

Rotation

Hendricks
F/A signing
Alzolay
Steel
Thompson

Pen is up in the air but I can see 2 adds.

I do not expect a major signing right now. 2022 will be more flips and players with team control.

Late 22 is where we see the next wave start.

Of the above listed wait and see right now. Some of these guys are solid players. Not all star quality by no means but sound players. Add depth to the staff this is a 85 win team.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
If I had to write in a starting 8 today on what carries over.

LF Hermosillo
CF Ortega
RF Heyward
3B Wisdom
SS Hoerner
2B Madrigal
1B Schwindel
C Contreras

Rotation

Hendricks
F/A signing
Alzolay
Steel
Thompson

Pen is up in the air but I can see 2 adds.

I do not expect a major signing right now. 2022 will be more flips and players with team control.

Late 22 is where we see the next wave start.

Of the above listed wait and see right now. Some of these guys are solid players. Not all star quality by no means but sound players. Add depth to the staff this is a 85 win team.

Meh, IDK. The above trash is a 60-win roster IMO.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Meh, IDK. The above trash is a 60-win roster IMO.

What we had was a 81 win team. That was with a worse rotation. The O was on or off. What made it a .500 team was the lock down bull pen.

They had 0 .300 hitters. That line up could have 4.

Power wise? Who cares. All or nothing. This team is not codependant on the home run.

60 is a low-ball offer. 60 is what they are right now with a bull pen that gives up the game and a rotation in flux.

The only fear is players falling back to their mean. Is this a fluke? Or is this what they are given opertunity.

I would rather let time answer the question.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But it is rather refreshing having kids in performing vs over paid .200 hitters striking out all day long.

The main difference between the two is the bull pen. Jed has hosed out Winkler and Ryan. Both were plain bad. Brothers must be close to out next.

Morgan seems to be a decent late lefty. Wick has pitched clean. Heuer also has solid numbers after coming over.

The rest of the pen needs a hose out.

Jake was cancer. The 12 game loss string was on the pitching staff. Kyle came in and played stopper. That is what good pitchers do. Jed has been tossing some trash out along the way. So losing is not the priority. It is evaluation.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
There is no way the Cubs got the Field of Dreams game without assurances from Hoyer to the MLB that they were gonna spend this off season to at least be in contention. That is a massive prime time game.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
There is no way the Cubs got the Field of Dreams game without assurances from Hoyer to the MLB that they were gonna spend this off season to at least be in contention. That is a massive prime time game.

That is full of conjecture.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do you know how many Cubs fans are in Iowa?

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Do you know how many Cubs fans are in Iowa?
A lot, but I am referring to tv ratings. This years game was the most watched regular season game since 2005. MLB won't want two bad teams playing that game.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean I dont see how any team can promist that, but I do know there is no way the Cubs can go into 2022 with a Pirates payroll. The league and the players association would go absolutely ape shit on them.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean I dont see how any team can promist that, but I do know there is no way the Cubs can go into 2022 with a Pirates payroll. The league and the players association would go absolutely ape shit on them.
Did they go ape shit on the White Sox?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A lot, but I am referring to tv ratings. This years game was the most watched regular season game since 2005. MLB won't want two bad teams playing that game.
I don't think they are looking at it that way. I mean it surely helped that both the Sox and Yankees are in the race but I'm thinking it was more of how it matched up with the movie characters. Shoeless Joe from the Black Sox.....Costner's Dad wearing a Yankee uniform. I mean the game will get great ratings no matter who is playing. The Iowa Cubs is the closest thing to a pro team in the whole state. As they use up things that relate to the game/movie, they will probably go in the direction you are suggesting or they might just stop playing the game completely. I'm sure it will lose it's steam at some point.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Almost every post you make is full of conjecture

I post what I think. Not they will do it.

Opinion vs conjecture.

I think that they should target both Robby Ray and Carlos Rodon. Take the reasonable deal.

I think that they should add a vet LH bat. 3B or corner OF.

I think that they should add depth to the pen.

I think that they should not block Davis. Jed should retain Heyward then reserve RF for Davis.

That is what I feel they need. That is an opinion.

Saying Jed is going to do this because ... Demands it is conjecture. That is saying ... Is fact with no facts to back it

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would be like me saying that you are a little Mama's boy living in the basement sponging off of state money because flipping burgers pays for crap. Just by post quality

No facts to base off. But that jaded opinion I hold to be truth.

That is called Trumper logic.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bible is conjecture too. Fantasy novel to scare children.

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Cubs will have a shot if Banks, Williams, Santo, and Jenkins come out of the Corn....