Borom today

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He seemed to keep in front of his blocking assignment for them most part. But he was getting pushed back almost every pass rep. Wasn’t expecting that for his size and what we saw of his college tape.

Also seemed lost at times when he had no man to block in front of him. Just standing around. Things to learn and grow from. But glad to see he wasn’t best like a drum like our former LT was…

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I didn't focus on him much after the first snap when he made an excellent block on a run play, but he seemed to hold up moderately well in pass pro? Didn't notice anything particularly egregious, so I guess that's a good thing. Will be interesting to see how he grades out when you look at the film.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He seemed to keep in front of his blocking assignment for them most part. But he was getting pushed back almost every pass rep. Wasn’t expecting that for his size and what we saw of his college tape.

Also seemed lost at times when he had no man to block in front of him. Just standing around. Things to learn and grow from. But glad to see he wasn’t best like a drum like our former LT was…
It was also his style in college but gave up almost no sacks. There's a reason a T's 1st pass protect step is backwards. Nothing wrong with guarding an area. Didn't watch yet but for the amount of work he's had, sounds like a vg outing.

Last edited:

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

Because of tightness……

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does it really matter in his first pre-season game? Isn't it more important to look at things like technique, balance, footwork rather than who is lining up on the other side of him.

No it's preseason. Mitch is a God again and Mel Tucker 2.0 is back on the sidelines.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s good to see him out there. Best way to learn or see if a player has what it takes is if they actually play. Even against back ups it will help to get to nfl speed. Late round pick if at worst he just becomes a swing backup tackle it’s a win.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way I see it Borom is the best bet to have stability at LT this season.

So calling @Adipost for a breakdown if you have time.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Went back and watched every Fields pass a second time to focus on Borom, and he held up really well. I didn't see anybody get behind him. Not sure how you could describe his first performance as anything but a welcoming success. Let's see if he can string another good performance next week.

greg23

Liked Posts:
It was his first game at LT va backups

And

I like his future there better than the guy with the back

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Also seemed lost at times when he had no man to block in front of him. Just standing around. Things to learn and grow from. But glad to see he wasn’t best like a drum like our former LT was… when he's faced up sgainst thr top DE'S That will be a major problem

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He hasn't gone against guys this fast and strong before but held his own while having to change his footwork. His feet and positioning are good. Catches and absorbs the defender with good hands to avoid allowing a defender to throw him . Should only get better from here. Had a good mirror and already has NFL holding down. ;) He did not go against 1st stringers but Buffalo is deep there. He needs reps but showed he'll probably be a better option than Wilkerson who gives a ton of effort but gets caught out. Need to see what he does with a big bull rusher and if he can redirect enough on his walk back but looked VG for a 1st outing.

Finally getting some film on him will help with tips from coaches and Peters.

Last edited: