How many weeks will Nagy carry on this Dalton charade?

jts1207

Liked Posts:
He may sit him the entire year as I just dont see him doing to Dalton what he did to Mitch and bring in Foles after 3 weeks. He rides it out and the only way Fields plays is if Dalton gets injured or Nagy is fired and Lazor takes over and makes the change

This is what I think Nagy wants so he can have the ready made excuse to come back next year.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
That’s not going to happen. Nagy will rise or fall based upon what he does this season, no matter who he plays at QB…

Nagys admitted that’s not the case…..some bs about development takes precedence

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
All contingent on Dalton's performance which I don't think is going to be very good based on Nagy's playcalling and Dalton being Dalton. A slightly below middle of the road journeyman, with mobility issues, behind a poor offensive line.

I'll go with the general consensus that we see JF1 somewhere around week 3-4.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dalton will finish the season and either go deep into the playoffs or the new Bears head coach will name Fields the starter for next year.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If the Bears start 0-2, how does Nagy not pull the plug on Dalton?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
“You know for us, it’s not how you start it’s how you finish. Last year we started off good and then took a bit of a skid dropping some games …this is a marathon not a sprint and I feel Andy and these guys we have on offense are starting to play some good football”

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Dalton will have to light it up pretty hard to get through Cleveland. He's kind of up shit creek here facing two really scary pass rush defenses in the first three weeks with an exciting rookie right behind him.

It will take top notch QBing to keep Fields on the bench. I really dont see it. Donald and Garrett are going to go nuts and he'll play himself into a backup role.

My bet is Fields starts against DET in week 4.

Brownie

Liked Posts:

"Andy's still learning"

"The OL didn't get a whole lot of time to gel during the preseason, that's just where we're at right now. Once they get up to speed and get their technique down they will be better equipped to help Andy out... and they'll be the first to tell you that.."

"Now, Andy didn't get a whole lotta work with the full roster of 1s in the preseason games. In a lotta ways him, Marquise and the WRs are just now getting their feet wet together in live game action.."

"Well shoot it's not just Andy. We ALL need to be better. Myself included"

"Are there some things we wish we could've done better: Yes. Am I satisfied with the results right now from a win/loss standpoint: No. But with that said, there are also a lotta things I am happy with, given the circumstances. We see it everyday in practice. So.... its not like we're grasping at straws here, we know the whys and we just have to have that translate to the field on Sundays. And I believe it will. Soon"

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
It probably will be the lions game. Idk how bad the bengals are but i think bears start out 0-3 or 1-2 easy before lions.
If the bears start Fields week 4 after losing their first 3 games not only should Fields start week 4 but Nagy should be sent packing that week too. If we lose against the Rams and the offense struggles Fields should be in week 2. Shit, if the offense fails to put up a point in the first half week 1 Fields should start the second half. In other words the leash needs to be short.

TELLY46

Liked Posts:
He'll put him in for some trick play and lose him for the year with an injury

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Week 4 at home vs. Detroit.

I feel like that makes the most sense. Then again, trying to climb into the mind of a fucking idiot fraud like Nagy is tough. So who fucking knows. He might literally be doing VERBATIM what KC did with Mahomes. So we might not see Fields start until the last game of the season.

Then when he balls out, and we win our first game of the season to go 1-16, Nagy will go, "I like where we're at."

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Week 4 at home vs. the Lions makes a lot of sense.

I fully expect the Bears to be 0-3 at that point. No, they're probably not beating the Bengals---I have no idea why everyone's marking that down as an automatic win.

This offense with Dalton under center won't score 17+ points a game, no way. And the defense is in decline. People who were just banking on the defense to continue carrying the team are in for a rude awakening this year, I think.

By that point, the experiment is over. Your season's playoff hopes are probably over, or at least dealt a huge blow. There's literally no reason at that point, real or imagined, to continue the charade.

At 0-3 and at home against a bad Lions team, Justin Fields makes his NFL debut and we can all begin moving forward.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Without Dalton going down, Fields starts week 4 or week 10 following the bye. Prefer the former.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Week 4 at home vs. the Lions makes a lot of sense.

I fully expect the Bears to be 0-3 at that point. No, they're probably not beating the Bengals---I have no idea why everyone's marking that down as an automatic win.

This offense with Dalton under center won't score 17+ points a game, no way. And the defense is in decline. People who were just banking on the defense to continue carrying the team are in for a rude awakening this year, I think.

By that point, the experiment is over. Your season's playoff hopes are probably over, or at least dealt a huge blow. There's literally no reason at that point, real or imagined, to continue the charade.

At 0-3 and at home against a bad Lions team, Justin Fields makes his NFL debut and we can all begin moving forward.
The Bengals are a wild card. They could actually be good enough to score points. And considering our offense might not be able to score against orange cones for defenders, there is a definite chance that we lose to them. And maybe that's best case scenario.

Kind of like last year losing out/tanking and getting rid of Pace and Nagy would have been better than backpedaling into the playoffs and shitting our pants against a not-even-that-good Saints team. Even though some people shouted from the mountain tops that wishing even a single loss upon your team is sacrilege. Fucking meatballs. I wonder if they still feel that way. Lol.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All contingent on Dalton's performance which I don't think is going to be very good based on Nagy's playcalling and Dalton being Dalton. A slightly below middle of the road journeyman, with mobility issues, behind a poor offensive line.

I'll go with the general consensus that we see JF1 somewhere around week 3-4.

Agree with everything you said except Dalton is not a journeyman.