Murphy signed 4 years

Granada

Liked Posts:
Blah. Murphy was never the player he was advertised to be since he arrived here, but he isn't completely useless and the price isn't terrible. Maybe he looks better in this reconstructed blue-line, that's the hope anyway.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Murphy does little offensively . Doesn’t keep pucks out of net. His physicality is inconsistent and often he does too little, certainly will not stick up for teammates without favorable numbers.
I think he would be wasted cap at 2 million a season, and he definitely should not get an extension until we see him without Keith.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Blah. Murphy was never the player he was advertised to be since he arrived here, but he isn't completely useless and the price isn't terrible. Maybe he looks better in this reconstructed blue-line, that's the hope anyway.
With all the defence locked in for years to come, I sure hope this is not going to be a trainwreck back there. We know the decor has been bad, but now these guys are all Signed to multi year contracts, if the results are the same as the past few years, this team is screwed.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's signed at 5.4% of the cap, and he's essentially a poor-man's Hjammer--who in his last contract here was 6.4% of the cap.

I'm okay with this signing. Of all of our middle-pairing guys we've had in the revolving door I think he was the best of them at actual defense. He should be 32 when the deal ends which is not bad, either.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reliable guy that stays healthy and fit.

unlucky at times. I guess I’m harder on him because he can’t quite fix the Leddy screw up or be Hammer, and the damn yewts make it burn worse. Like 3 generations of if we trade them or lose them they play meaningful minutes for cup contenders and if we keep them they sputter.

Last edited: