Interesting tidbit from WSCR this morning on Veteran Support for Andy Dalton - explains a few things....

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your "listen" was acturally literally a BAD listen or this is just a covering up by you for the flat-out LIE that you are telling in the OP because Biggs didn't say what you are saying he said and this whole thread by you is literally fake news and if I were you which I am not because I don't make threads blatantly lying about Bears news but if I did like you did here I would recant, redact or just flat-out delete and issue a apology especially after I got called out for it. Be better!!!!

Plot Twist: OP is Biggs.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
This isn't a reach, to be fair.
Pass rush will have to go get to Burrow as he has several dangerous receivers to throw too.
Detroit should be a win even if we have one legged Cohen at qb. But our secondary is going to get shredded by burrow. Dalton isn't keeping up with anyone in a high scoring game

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This isn't a reach, to be fair.
Pass rush will have to go get to Burrow as he has several dangerous receivers to throw too.
Yes i'm definitely worried about that Cincy offense especially every time i look at our CB unit. Not sure what Pace is thinking but damn sure am hoping he has a plan of signing or trading for an actual starter. I think Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd will have a field day with Vildor and even JJ.

Hopefully Dalton will be in some kind of revenge mode going up against his old team. Not sure if he's played them yet since being gone.

Also Burrow isn't 100% confident in his health yet so we'll see with him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If all the Rookie QBs go out week 1 and look less than stellar Nagy will look like he was the patient, wise HC.

However, I think it is possible that at least one of the other three has a good start (my money is on Jones), And Andy goes out and does NOT have a good game, Nagy will be under scrutiny from the fans and the Media.

I can hear the Question now from the Beat Writers "Matt, after the start that Andy had, did you at some point think about a change at QB during the game, AND how does this effect the game plan for next week"

Reactions: DC

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
So, apparently there's something out in the rumor mill now that came out this morning on the Score (During the pick six segment around 6am, and reiterated with Brad Biggs around 7am).

Apparently, a lot of the older veterans want to take what they feel is their last shot at doing anything with a stable veteran (Dalton), than an unknown rookie. Our team is the oldest in the league, and apparently many of those guys are either on one year or the last year of their contract.

So all the weird hoops and circles Nagy has been jumping through lately to explain why Fields isn't starting is because he is trying to hold together a locker room divided by age - the younger guys for the most part all support Fields.

To me, this gives an extra layer to that story of Fields giving Jimmy Graham crap (and Nagy acting like he loved it shows what side he's on), and also explains why they are so bent on Dalton starting the season (so that when he fails, they can get buy in from the veterans).

It also explains why Fields was so vocal about fans booing Andy (I bet he doesn't care personally, but is trying to win over the veterans of the locker room, or at least not start a mutiny when he does take over).

That's what came to mind when I heard that. Now as to why those vets don't want the better player to play? I don't know. But I do know from hearing enough NFL players talk on the radio, the older guys sometimes have a grudge against the hot new rookie - even talented ones - even if it is totally irrational. Depends on the makeup of the team and those vets, but it seems like we got a lot of crusty vets here.

It also tells me next year is going to likely go full youth movement.

And......

That Nagy's job is probably safe this year, barring a Trestmanesqe meltdown...
Dead serious here, Dalton starts against some of the defenses Bears face............I fear for his health.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If these vets are too fucking stupid to see that Andy Dalton is nothing but a bum at this point in his career, then fuck them.

I feel bad for Fields, he came into this exact situation at Georgia and that team kept a fucking bum at QB over him as well.
they are not dumb they just understand how the NFL works.. Rookie QBs almost ALWAYS will struggle and make mistakes. There is a higher chance that Dalton will bounce back and play well then there is that a rookie QB will not play like a rookie.

If you start a rookie QB its almost always a throw away year for the most part. So start the vet and if he can bounce back then great if he plays like crap then you make the switch and go from there.. That takes the pressure and blame off of the rookie your trying to develop. Starting Dalton might be one of the rare smart decisions that Nagy has made..

Brownie

Liked Posts:
hey guys, another offensive-minded head coach has driven the team to mutiny again.

it's fucking Trestman all over again. #calledit for the ages

Except Trestman was actually a good offensive coach. He just wanted nothing to do with all the social shit.

Nagy is the complete opposite: a Politician masquerading as a qualified football coach. The only reason he has the job is cause he could sell ice to eskimos..

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
they are not dumb they just understand how the NFL works.. Rookie QBs almost ALWAYS will struggle and make mistakes. There is a higher chance that Dalton will bounce back and play well then there is that a rookie QB will not play like a rookie.

If you start a rookie QB its almost always a throw away year for the most part. So start the vet and if he can bounce back then great if he plays like crap then you make the switch and go from there.. That takes the pressure and blame off of the rookie your trying to develop. Starting Dalton might be one of the rare smart decisions that Nagy has made..

1,000 times this. Possibly one of the only people here with any sense of proportion and perspective.

Obviously the vets know more than the computer warriors on this board. They’ve seen practices, they’ve been in the room and they know what’s up.

And they don’t have some emotionally hyped up savior complex with JF.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You ae right on all counts... but as a fan I would much rather see Fields develop rather than having dalton out there.. it just seems pointless. Sorry vets, I dont think you are getting a super bowl with dalton.

Dalton is solid in the regular season (bad last year in cincy, but that team was a fucking mess). Coming in after Dak, and getting injured, he still put up respectable numbers for the situation.

Dalton might look as good or better than any QB the bears have had in the super bowl era... which is depressing... but Fields should be light years ahead of that.

Nagy might be making the right choice with dalton if the goal is wins and losses this year, but it isnt a decision I like one bit as a fan.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If these vets are too fucking stupid to see that Andy Dalton is nothing but a bum at this point in his career, then fuck them.

I feel bad for Fields, he came into this exact situation at Georgia and that team kept a fucking bum at QB over him as well.

If this is true, and I doubt it is then I disagree. If you play Fields and he struggles and you have to bring Dalton in then you lose the vets and there will be a shit show. If you start with Dalton and he struggles then you can go to Fields without any real drama there.

The point is, it is much easier in this scenario to play Dalton and then go to Fields than it will be to play Fields and then potentially have to go Dalton. Bears fans are acting like there is no way for Fields to struggle or fail when in fact there are a lot of question marks regarding the team around him.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Pace promised Dalton he would start so that he would sign with the Bears.....

Its a very simple explanation
It very well could be as simple as that.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal at all. Mahomes sat for a year behind Alex Smith, and the Bears know Fields is the future.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So a random question to Biggs about veteran's not potentially turning on Dalton because he is also a veteran morphed into: veterans want Dalton, don't trust Fields, JGraham is pissed at Fields for a joke that wasn't a joke, Nagy lying about it, Fields being indifferent to fans booing Dalton but acting like he cares to curry favor with the vets.

Holy shit!!!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
So a random question to Biggs about veteran's not potentially turning on Dalton because he is also a veteran morphed into: veterans want Dalton, don't trust Fields, JGraham is pissed at Fields for a joke that wasn't a joke, Nagy lying about it, Fields being indifferent to fans booing Dalton but acting like he cares to curry favor with the vets.

Holy shit!!!
Yeah thats hottakesfromhal for you. Lots of extrapolation

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Holy shit!!!
Well as you may know the OP is a new Teddy KFC alt account, who returned with a new persona after his Q predictions didn't pan out, so it's not surprising that bears talk is going to be riddled with conspiracy theory nonsense...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
from Dalton: “I knew the situation I was going into, regardless of if they drafted somebody or they didn’t. I was on a one-year deal, and I was going to be the starter.”

msadows

Liked Posts:
The score and rumors

yea, Ima scratch this up to a non real issue

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hey guys, another offensive-minded head coach has driven the team to mutiny again.

it's fucking Trestman all over again. #calledit for the ages
Well, it wouldn't surprise me. But at least Trestman actually knew what the fuck offense was.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Trestman would sacrifice his defense for offense. Nagy doesn’t do that.

I’ll give Nagy credit for leaning on his defense and and playing this sort of Chicago Bears grind it out style. Trestman was a flake who only cared about offense. He would score 30 but give up 40 with this super loose style of play that was offensive centric. There has to be balance though. Trestman is your classic offensive coordinator super smart guy/ mad scientist who can come up with new and innovative offensive scheme. But you can’t put him anywhere near a head coaching position. He’ll never compromise his offense for the betterment of the team.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re-read that post. You seriously think Dalton will be winning multiple games?
It is why they play the games. Who would have ever thought pre season a Nagy/Mitch pairing would make the playoffs 2 times? I sure didn't, yet it happened.