Indianapolis Colts GM Chris Ballard: 'Consequences' for players unvaccinated against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
There are harsher penalties that could be handed out short of being cut. Never in favor of someone losing their ability to care for there families. Cutting should be the very last resort.
Like what?

He chose to put the ability to care for his family in danger by not getting the vaccine. A month ago, the excuse was worry about the vaccine not being fully FDA approved.

Now it is just plain being a Karen.

Spin

Liked Posts:
LOL you can't be this stupid. Imagine believing the GM is in control of what individuals choose to do with their own bodies.
I never said anything about a GM 'controlling' what players do with their own bodies. I just said that Ballard has been ineffective in persuading his players. Hell, even the Vikings brought in experts in disease transmission to explain to their players how important the vaccine is - whether or not they listened, who knows... but even if one person walks away with a changed mind and decides to get the vaccine, that means the organization is doing their job. Part of being a leader is being able to persuade, or at least appeal to a common goal. I don't see a "different approach" from Ballard, and I don't get the sense that Ballard really cares one way or another - do you?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The NFL mandated 70% I think....if a team is 70% what is the issue?

If they are under 70% then start fining people I guess

cutting them is idiotic meatball psycho shit talk
You just don't get it.

Imagine your house is on fire. You get your family and pets out safely. You then call the fire department.

They come, splash their water all over the place, and start packing up to leave.

You rush over to them and ask them why they haven't extinguished all of the fire.

The captain tells you that they extinguished the mandated 70% of the fire. He then leaves.

Do you lead your family back into the house?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You just don't get it.

Imagine your house is on fire. You get your family and pets out safely. You then call the fire department.

They come, splash their water all over the place, and start packing up to leave.

You rush over to them and ask them why they haven't extinguished all of the fire.

The captain tells you that they extinguished the mandated 70% of the fire. He then leaves.

what the actual fuck are you talking about....

the NFL mandated these arbitrary numbers .....if they reach these numbers why should there be further penalties? Just make it 100% then.....why less than 100%

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
fair enough, but cutting one vaxxed player is not going to protect a team if there are still a sizeable portion of unvaxxed players
It won’t protect an entire team, but keeping a vaxxed special teams player over an unvaxxed does make the environment a little safer. And it helps protect against the new NFL rules more. I think GMs/HC will lean towards a vaxxed player over unvaxxed if they are even talent wise.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It won’t protect an entire team, but keeping a vaxxed special teams player over an unvaxxed does make the environment a little safer. And it helps protect against the new NFL rules more. I think GMs/HC will lean towards a vaxxed player over unvaxxed if they are even talent wise.
but they don't seem to be doing that. I don't see anything happening different than non-covid years..

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
You just don't get it.

This is literally a perfect analogy where the house is the team and the fire is covid and the fire department is the vaccine but I'm not completely clearly understanding what the family is supposed to be but thanks for this and hopefully this will clear things up for the crazed anti-vaxxed posters on here stubbornly trying to live inside a house that is literally on fire.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
but they don't seem to be doing that. I don't see anything happening different than non-covid years..
Do you follow every single player from every single team and their vaxx status? Are you part of the GM/HC rooms? Neither of our opinions are accurate without knowing the details. I see both points of views but also think GMs/HCs do think about that this season. Especially if a forfeit is on the line.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you follow every single player from every single team and their vaxx status? Are you part of the GM/HC rooms? Neither of our opinions are accurate without knowing the details. I see both points of views but also think GMs/HCs do think about that this season. Especially if a forfeit is on the line.
no neither do you...you have no data to go

what I see is a year very similar to other years...the only differnce that percipitated this discussion was a pissed off vet claiming he was cut because of being non-vaccinated. There is a perfectly more plausible explanation why Newton was cut

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

what I see is a year very similar to other years...the only differnce that percipitated this discussion was a pissed off vet claiming he was cut because of being non-vaccinated. There is a perfectly more plausible explanation why Newton was cut
Which why I said neither of our opinions are accurate. Because I know the small data available is not enough.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
The sooner all these imbecilic, knuckle-dragging unvaccinated people (not just players) die, the better. Once we burn their corpses, us kind and compassionate (and smart) people can finally get on with our lives, free from COVID.

#Science
No, I want all good people to live good lives. This includes the unvaccinated, as to be a good person you're not required to be vaccinated!

Thanks.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
as I stated before cutting an unvaxxed player and keeping another unvaxxed player is disingenuous at best...go wiith your best players or go with vaxxed players only....anything else is hypocrisy
Not really.

What is the most important ability?

Availability.

Following the rules that Players Association agreed to, one group of players is at a much higher risk of becoming unavailable for a longer time under the best conditions. Under the worst conditions, there is one group that has a higher chance of having their breathing ability plummet for a few months to forever.

That is all availability.

So a smart team is going to try to limit their players who have a higher chance of missing more time.

Simple math, not even science.

An example always helps:

Imagine a team with 20 anti-vax players. They all get together to discuss the latest Q info. They find out that their one anti-vax star player had an interview earlier and that the interviewer later tested positive.

Suddenly, the team is down to 33 players for 5 days and that is only if some or all of the anti-vax players test negative. It only gets worse if some test positive.

Now imagine that a smart team always chose the vaccinated player when two equal players were available. Of course, they kept their star along with 4 other anti-vax players.

There is a meeting that happens to have all 5 anti-vax players along with 15 vaccinated players. Again, that anti-vax star has an interview, the interviewer tests positive.

All 20 players test negative. For the next 5 days, the team is down to 48 players because the 15 vaccinated players can rejoin the team immediately.

Going into a game, would you rather have 33 or 48 players. Sure, PS players could take some of their spots (not all in the first situation), but how good is a field goal kicker going to be as a CB?

Now imagine that two players tested positive.

In the first situation, the anti-vax star gets a bad enough Covid that he does a 2020 Moncada, unable to run 20 yards without needing oxygen?

In the second situation, the vaccinated player gets Covid, is kept away from the team, but his reaction is not serious because he was vaccinated.

Do you think that the Bears wanting players to use the FDA fully-approved vaccine is a smart business decision?

Economics, not science.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Kill them, ridicule them, and pat ourselves on the back for how smart we are and how dumb they are. Long term data aside, we do not need it.
You're enlightened sir. You have all of us who'd like for people to be vaccinated figured out.

Congratulations brother.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I have no issue with a team's desire to have all the players vaxxed.

My original argument was that wanting all unvaxxed players cut is a meatball idea. Its not possible or practical.

People morphed the discussion from there
Fully understand your point.

This is probably more for the COVID thread, but I think both sides are genuinely frustrated and all this time by ourselves have us less patient. I'd add the misinformation is just plain crazy. It's bringing out the worst in people and taking us away from logical, healthy conversations.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

What is your plausible explanation? I personally think a big reason on why Newton was cut is because of his vaccination status. He was competing and predicted to start up until he had to sit out 5 days or whatever it was. Why not keep him as a backup?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I actually was curious enough to look it up and the numbers shocked me. However the numbers are old from 2018. Either way its data that was gathered by the Missouri State Highway Patrol and the list is:

The ten states with the most meth-related seizures are:

1. Michigan (220)
  2. New York (220)
  3. Indiana (144)
  4. Illinois (129)
  5. North Carolina (127)
  6. California (114)
  7. Pennsylvania (105)
  8. Tennessee (102)
  9. Ohio (60)
  10. Florida (59)

Meth causes seizures? Do you think Justin Fields is on the meth? Doesn't he suffer from da seizures?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Not really.

What is the most important ability?

Availability.

Following the rules that Players Association agreed to, one group of players is at a much higher risk of becoming unavailable for a longer time under the best conditions. Under the worst conditions, there is one group that has a higher chance of having their breathing ability plummet for a few months to forever.

That is all availability.

So a smart team is going to try to limit their players who have a higher chance of missing more time.

Simple math, not even science.

An example always helps:

Imagine a team with 20 anti-vax players. They all get together to discuss the latest Q info. They find out that their one anti-vax star player had an interview earlier and that the interviewer later tested positive.

Suddenly, the team is down to 33 players for 5 days and that is only if some or all of the anti-vax players test negative. It only gets worse if some test positive.

Now imagine that a smart team always chose the vaccinated player when two equal players were available. Of course, they kept their star along with 4 other anti-vax players.

There is a meeting that happens to have all 5 anti-vax players along with 15 vaccinated players. Again, that anti-vax star has an interview, the interviewer tests positive.

All 20 players test negative. For the next 5 days, the team is down to 48 players because the 15 vaccinated players can rejoin the team immediately.

Going into a game, would you rather have 33 or 48 players. Sure, PS players could take some of their spots (not all in the first situation), but how good is a field goal kicker going to be as a CB?

Now imagine that two players tested positive.

In the first situation, the anti-vax star gets a bad enough Covid that he does a 2020 Moncada, unable to run 20 yards without needing oxygen?

In the second situation, the vaccinated player gets Covid, is kept away from the team, but his reaction is not serious because he was vaccinated.

Do you think that the Bears wanting players to use the FDA fully-approved vaccine is a smart business decision?

Economics, not science.

For christs sake man, I just wrapped my brane around your fireman family house fire concept.
Stop changing shit up.
We fighting fires here or are we going full Milton Friedman?

Status
Not open for further replies.