Interesting tidbit from WSCR this morning on Veteran Support for Andy Dalton - explains a few things....

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Literally a nothing-burger where Graham wanted him to throw him the ball but he didn't throw him the ball and then Fields told him he would throw him the ball if Graham was acturally open and people laughed about it but it was just joking around between a veteran and a rookie but now CcS conspiracy theorists want to make up disinformation to get people to click on their threads and post in them and are basically human scums in my opinion trying to divide bears fans against each other but I will not stand for it and I WILL EXPOSE THEM FOR IT literally every single chance I get!!!
I tend to think @modo is correct here. The Bears brought Dalton in to be the starter and they're not going to go back on their word because that's an important thing when it comes to recruiting free agents and such (public perception of the FO and their good faith negotiations, etc). If the vets want to see how Andy does too then great, go for it, see what happens. This is pretty much a throw-away year.

This is the same guy who brought in giraffe neck,had him at a Bears draft party and traded up for a Mitch baby qb.

Pace doesn't sleep... or care...Or draft well

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is the same guy who brought in giraffe neck,had him at a Bears draft party and traded up for a Mitch baby qb.

Pace doesn't sleep... or care...Or draft well

Ehh he drafts well when it isn't the 1st or 2nd round.

If he were smart he woulda noticed that early on and hired someone to handle those rounds.

But we got ego issues all over the front office.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don’t care if you post here. I just wish you’d be honest, and less of a coward.
Ehh he drafts well when it isn't the 1st or 2nd round.

If he were smart he woulda noticed that early on and hired someone to handle those rounds.

But we got ego issues all over the front office.

Well the Bears play well too! Except in the first and fourth quarters. And against the Packers. And big stage games. Oh and in the playoffs.

Come on man. Quit sniffin the Bud light seltzer and drink it like a real man. Pace gotta go. Nagy gotta go and this is their swan song.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
they are not dumb they just understand how the NFL works.. Rookie QBs almost ALWAYS will struggle and make mistakes. There is a higher chance that Dalton will bounce back and play well then there is that a rookie QB will not play like a rookie.

If you start a rookie QB its almost always a throw away year for the most part. So start the vet and if he can bounce back then great if he plays like crap then you make the switch and go from there.. That takes the pressure and blame off of the rookie your trying to develop. Starting Dalton might be one of the rare smart decisions that Nagy has made..

Highly doubtful in this offense.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Well, it wouldn't surprise me. But at least Trestman actually knew what the fuck offense was.
can you imagine what those teams could've done if the defense wasn't literally the worst it ever was in franchise history?

Marshall, Jeffery, Forte, Bennett, offensive line that was actually good. sucks

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
can you imagine what those teams could've done if the defense wasn't literally the worst it ever was in franchise history?

Marshall, Jeffery, Forte, Bennett, offensive line that was actually good. sucks
I've been saying that both Mike Martz and Trestman got a raw deal with the teams they were handed and both were essentially punted without care after little time. Both of those guys run circles around Matt Nagy in anything related to current day NFL offense and especially so in actual play calling.

Trestman was handed a great offensive roster and the most malcontent group of cunts for a defense that was also over the hill on top of being a bunch of whining pussies.

Mike Martz still had Sweaty Teddy as his GM and the son of a bitch wasn't willing to make any real deals to get him talent. They sure as shit didn't get an offensive line capable of running that offense and scapegoated his ass for it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've been saying that both Mike Martz and Trestman got a raw deal with the teams they were handed and both were essentially punted without care after little time. Both of those guys run circles around Matt Nagy in anything related to current day NFL offense and especially so in actual play calling.

Trestman was handed a great offensive roster and the most malcontent group of cunts for a defense that was also over the hill on top of being a bunch of whining pussies.

Mike Martz still had Sweaty Teddy as his GM and the son of a bitch wasn't willing to make any real deals to get him talent. They sure as shit didn't get an offensive line capable of running that offense and scapegoated his ass for it.
Jerry Angelo was the GM, fyi.

mecha

Liked Posts:

the latter years of Lovie Smith were pretty terrible. Angelo struck out on the offensive line multiple times. Cutler was a scapegoat too, no starting quarterback probably ever got stuck with a revolving door of offenses because the team were throwing shit at walls trying to make something stick like he had to deal with (and took it entirely in stride and never threw anyone under the bus). it's like what the Raiders were doing with head coaches for at least 10 years, they didn't win the Super Bowl immediately, so fire the guy and start over. I'm not saying Cutler the player (or especially "leader") was perfect, but he was more than capable of doing what was needed. he had Martz and Trestman each for 2 years, which probably got the best out of him before the overrated Adam Gase dog and pony show of high ambitions cutting and running to go fail as a head coach after 1 season. or what I'm trying to say, the Chicago Bears will never be winners until they exercise some discipline and actually assemble a complete team. getting the best quarterback on the planet won't help when the other 3/4 of the team are inferior garbage.

you all know what I'm talking about, you cry about positions and their lack of talent or depth every day.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jerry Angelo was the GM, fyi.
Yeah I mixed up the names and didn't even finish what I was saying on that point but really you knew what I meant. That was the days of Sweaty Teddy running the dog and pony show from the top down and Jerry Angelo wasn't handing Martz an offensive line that could handle his repeated 5 and 7 step drops.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
they are not dumb they just understand how the NFL works.. Rookie QBs almost ALWAYS will struggle and make mistakes. There is a higher chance that Dalton will bounce back and play well then there is that a rookie QB will not play like a rookie.

If you start a rookie QB its almost always a throw away year for the most part. So start the vet and if he can bounce back then great if he plays like crap then you make the switch and go from there.. That takes the pressure and blame off of the rookie your trying to develop. Starting Dalton might be one of the rare smart decisions that Nagy has made..

Actually the chance of Dalton recovering from a 5 year spiral is smaller .

The problem here is they have convinced themselves that Dalton wont make mistakes and that is all they need for it to do well but the fact is that the entire offense has been hampered with mistakes at every level which is why its been so bad .

Dalton doesn't really address the main problem of the Bears offense which is that its designed almost entirely on the need for the QB to be a playmaker of which Dalton is not .

There is no pressure on Fields and there would be no blame placed on him . Hes the one guy that would get a pass as these guys have sucked long before he arrived on the scene . This offense was in no way good enough to make minor changes and then run it back and make no mistake Dalton is a minor change from Foles .

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Actually the chance of Dalton recovering from a 5 year spiral is smaller .

The problem here is they have convinced themselves that Dalton wont make mistakes and that is all they need for it to do well but the fact is that the entire offense has been hampered with mistakes at every level which is why its been so bad .

Dalton doesn't really address the main problem of the Bears offense which is that its designed almost entirely on the need for the QB to be a playmaker of which Dalton is not .

There is no pressure on Fields and there would be no blame placed on him . Hes the one guy that would get a pass as these guys have sucked long before he arrived on the scene . This offense was in no way good enough to make minor changes and then run it back and make no mistake Dalton is a minor change from Foles .

in the entire history of the NFL there has never been a rookie QB that has even made it to the superbowl. So again they know this and know that the ONLY chance they have is if Dalton bounces back even if that chance is very small. But a small chance is better then 0 chance (historically speaking)

starting Fields is 100% a throw away year based on history. Nagy as dumb as he is, actually is doing the correct thing here with starting Dalton.

People need to relax, do you guys think packer fans are having arguments about "if only if Rodgers started earlier, think how good he would be" or KC fans saying the same thing?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If these vets are too fucking stupid to see that Andy Dalton is nothing but a bum at this point in his career, then fuck them.

I feel bad for Fields, he came into this exact situation at Georgia and that team kept a fucking bum at QB over him as well.
Even Murray lost his first year. They don’t want to lose a season and they want him to earn his place