Bulls sign Alize Johnson

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
He is the kind of player we need at the 4 spot. Better pick up than LMA or Milsap imo.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is the kind of player we need at the 4 spot. Better pick up than LMA or Milsap imo.

And/or Faried is an idea I liked.

Faried is like the anti-matter of Lauri and the guy we need.

But this forward depth allows the Bulls to play Red Pill(P Will) at the 3 more which is best in some match-ups, or really he's an excellent ball guard of opponents with big ball handlers. I like the idea of him banging in the post less at this stage/age.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. Me likey. The price is ridiculous. Only reason he isn't a net is they are all in for 2022. I can't believe they didn't get picks for this kid, but what do they seem to care, they are just giving away redundancy at this point.

Russian owner going to win and then sell off a collapsing giant star.

The Bulls lucked out getting him instead of Aldridge or Milsap, imo.

He is gonna look great developing with Williams.

This is DeRozans team now and he's the guy that has to install the toughness as the Bulls are short on veteran American bigs that know how to brawl.

We will see how Euro ball does for us, but the Jazz did it already.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just think. You could have one Felicio or 5 Alize Johnsons.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great value on this pick. Dude is a little undersized (does it matter in today's NBA though), but seems to be a heck of rebounder. I think he might be a fan favorite

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But these guys didn't help our 3 point shooting right?
No I don't think the Bulls are a good 3-point shooting team, and being undersized it will hurt that they can't spread the floor, and impact Derozan and Lavines ability to penatrate.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No I don't think the Bulls are a good 3-point shooting team, and being undersized it will hurt that they can't spread the floor, and impact Derozan and Lavines ability to penatrate.
I still don't understand this narrative.

Lonzo - solid spot up shooter, Lavine - elite level scorer, Derozan - doesn't shoot 3s, PWill - decent shooter, Vucevic - good shooter, Coby - decent shooter, Caruso - good spot up shooter, Troy Brown Jr - average shooter, Ayo - ok in college, probably won't play much anyway, Simanovic - decent shooter. The rest of the team is basically traditional bigs not shooting much in general.

I'm not saying we're gonna be bombing 3s like the Warriors but it's not like teams are looking at the roster up and down and just saying meh let him shoot to everyone not named Lavine and Vucevic while packing the paint treating everyone like Rondo with the Celtics.

We won't know til we know I guess, let's see how the team looks when we finally get to seem them play in preseason

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ball is not a shooter no matter what numbers you throw at me.

He's hitting 37% down there with a fucking Buffalo driving the lane.

Neither Lebron or Zion are spacing our floor. He can hit 37% open threes in meaningless games(good for him, he had to work really hard to get there )

Lavine is a pure shooter.

Derozan has poor range.

Williams is 19 and developing his depth.

Vucevic can at least do that.

2 shooters and some bit players does not make the death star. We are undersized and we can't shoot.

The only thing you need understand is your in dream land.

If we make the playoffs we sure as hell won't last long.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still don't understand this narrative.

Lonzo - solid spot up shooter, Lavine - elite level scorer, Derozan - doesn't shoot 3s, PWill - decent shooter, Vucevic - good shooter, Coby - decent shooter, Caruso - good spot up shooter, Troy Brown Jr - average shooter, Ayo - ok in college, probably won't play much anyway, Simanovic - decent shooter. The rest of the team is basically traditional bigs not shooting much in general.

I'm not saying we're gonna be bombing 3s like the Warriors but it's not like teams are looking at the roster up and down and just saying meh let him shoot to everyone not named Lavine and Vucevic while packing the paint treating everyone like Rondo with the Celtics.

We won't know til we know I guess, let's see how the team looks when we finally get to seem them play in preseason
I think its exactly like the scenario you layed out once they write a book on how to stop us. They will gladly let those guys shoot.

Ball shoots 37% with guys gladly letting him shoot basically. Nobody fears his shot.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you not seen Ball shoot? LOL.

They have been letting him shoot since he got to the league. You drop off and stop his passing, exactly like Rondo.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Have you not seen Ball shoot? LOL.

They have been letting him shoot since he got to the league. You drop off and stop his passing, exactly like Rondo.
I have seen him shoot actually. He has completely changed his shooting motion from his first 2 years in the league and since making that change has shot 37+% from 3 like you said. On high volume at that. I know 37% isn't Klay Thompson, but if you're leaving players open who shoot 37% from 3 as a game plan, you're nuts.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We'll see I guess. I dont like his new motion either really.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I think its exactly like the scenario you layed out once they write a book on how to stop us. They will gladly let those guys shoot.

Ball shoots 37% with guys gladly letting him shoot basically. Nobody fears his shot.

You need to update your scouting reports because it seems like you are still using ones from 3 years ago .

Lonzo was 21st in threes made with 176
Vuc was 16th with 172 made threes
Zach was 9th with 200 made threes

and all three made them at a rate that puts them among the best at their respective positions .

To claim the Bulls are not at three point shooting team at this point is ridiculous

LOL they are not simply gonna let any of those guys shoot as all three are also among the leagues best catch and shoot players and thats the reason Derozan works .

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. If Lonzo shoots over 33.3% from 3 as a Bull I will eat Crow and admit you guys knew better than me.

He has other elements to his game anyway I like and I've been saying he is a good pair with Lavine for years. Good fit here. Takes responsibility off a young White so White can focus on his Stackhouse/Ben Gordon type 6th man game.

I'll reserve future critique of this build until the trade deadline. We aren't far away anymore, I think probably we need a maneuver or two but maybe they are good enough to attract the final piece in 2022.

Last edited: