Dalton didn’t lose this game, but…

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Start Fields. That is stating the obvious, but it’s Nagy we’re talking about. This team isn’t going anywhere this season, and honestly, Fields IMO gives them a better chance to win because he forces defenses to stay honest, opening up opportunities for Monty and the passing game.

Oh, and build around Fields. Trade Jackson, and some others to stockpile picks so we can get an OL (they actually played okay tonight) and a secondary that is at least halfway competent.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Start Fields. That is stating the obvious, but it’s Nagy we’re talking about. This team isn’t going anywhere this season, and honestly, Fields IMO gives them a better chance to win because he forces defenses to stay honest, opening up opportunities for Monty and the passing game.

Oh, and build around Fields. Trade Jackson, and some others to stockpile picks so we can get an OL (they actually played okay tonight) and a secondary that is at least halfway competent.
Dalton is doing the job just fine and allowing them to get snaps for Fields and ease him into the NFL game it might be the only smart shit I've seen Nagy and Co do

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't really understand how it's developing Fields to treat him as a gadget player for designed run plays? This is supposedly the future of your franchise, why are we treating him like he's Tarik Cohen

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Fields will need to learn a new offense next year. Give him some game time look this year.

Reactions: DC

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading Jackson with that contract with give you a can of piss not draft picks.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Dalton wasn't terrible, but he couldn't score TDs every drive like we need our QB to do with our putrid defense. We better get used to needing 30+ points on a limited number of drives considering our defense likes to let other offense conduct 10+ minute drives on them.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Everyone in the NFL sees how bad Jackson is now. No way you're getting anything for him.

If there is a trade to be had in the off season, trade Mack for a first round pick

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I see your points, but the best experience is actually doing it. Holding a clipboard and playing a few snaps a game is like wasting his year. The Bears are not going to make a run this year anyway. Let him learn by doing.

And Dalton played fine. He just isn’t going to be here next year, so why delay the inevitable?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Everyone in the NFL sees how bad Jackson is now. No way you're getting anything for him.

If there is a trade to be had in the off season, trade Mack for a first round pick
Get a 1st rd pick for Mack lol. No fucking way!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
27/38 for 206 yards. ROFL. Jesus, man. I can't wait for these idiots to say, "I like where we're at."

Watching Dalton dink and dunk all night long was like watching a team limp through a game with their backup playing. So why not just start Fields at that point?

I bet Nagy still thinks this is exactly like the 2017 Chiefs and Alex Smith/Patrick Mahomes. I'd like to point out that in the Chiefs first game of Mahomes' rookie year, Alex Smith was 28/35 for 368 yards and 4 TDs on the road against the Patriots.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
27/38 for 206 yards. ROFL. Jesus, man. I can't wait for these idiots to say, "I like where we're at."

Watching Dalton dink and dunk all night long was like watching a team limp through a game with their backup playing. So why not just start Fields at that point?

I bet Nagy still thinks this is exactly like the 2017 Chiefs and Alex Smith/Patrick Mahomes. I'd like to point out that in the Chiefs first game of Mahomes' rookie year, Alex Smith was 28/35 for 368 yards and 4 TDs on the road against the Patriots.
That's a 71% completion percentage. This is Nagy's offense.

We'll see more tape later on, but Collinsworth said the Rams' D was daring the Bears to run and was focusing on defending deeper passes.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
That's a 71% completion percentage. This is Nagy's offense.

We'll see more tape later on, but Collinsworth said the Rams' D was daring the Bears to run and was focusing on defending deeper passes.

The Rams defense was daring the Bears passing game to make a play of which they couldn't

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JFC Dalton did not play well. He was barely AVERAGE. He missed a lot of easy passes. He got sacked several times. He is an excellent QB if you want to get 200 yards and lose 34-7. And yes, I said SEVEN, because FIELDS scored that TD, something Dalton never could have done.

GOD. Fuck Dalton. He's below average. His whole career he's had numbers that are LESS than the average QB. He does not do anything for us. If he was surrounded by elite WRs and TEs, with an elite OL, and a top five DEF—maybe. Maybe you start him.

If you start Dalton, this is what we're going to get all year long. Red zone interceptions. No ability to scramble. Mediocre QB play from start to finish. THIS IS WHY HE WAS LET GO.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw that Bengals defense today...they got to Cousins plenty of times. If Andy not careful, Bears fans will be booing him before halftime