Dalton didn’t lose this game, but…

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The Bears’ offense isn’t good enough to dictate to opposing defenses especially one of the caliber like the Rams.

The Rams’ strategy is to take away the deep ball and let you chew up the clock with runs and short passes. They are confident that their offense can score at will and quickly and they want to give Donald and Ramsey as many opportunities to make plays or let the offense make mistakes.

It’s not very different to how Lovie coached except the Rams have a functional offense.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Pace has dug a hole that this team won't be able to dig out of for a number of years. What's even scarier is that even if he is let go.....it's the fucking McCaskeys that will be hiring his replacement.
lol. for how much everyone's been clamoring for the dismissal of Nagy and Pace, let's look at the body of work here. when have any coaching firings resulted in something vastly better with the Bears? it happened once, with Lovie Smith, for a brief stitch of time, and that was because the Packers were fielding Brett Favre in his twilight years, not Rodgers in his final form of mass pwnij. (seriously, his initial goal was to beat the Packers, that's how fucking sad this team is)

this is the reason I'm apathetic on the issue, because the McCaskeys will just find other first timer no previous experience yes men at HC and GM and the cycle will repeat itself. there will be a glimmer of hope it will be different this time, like when they went with Trestman and the offense was supposed to be omgwtfbbq just to have the defense take the year off. at present they're not really good at anything, you can't call it a defensive team, but maybe you can call it a running team... except with Montgomery it looks like a slide show.

it's literally like life's a bitch, and then she has puppies.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the network didn't show the score, I would have thought that the Bears were up by 3 TD's and they were trying to run the clock out. 3-5 yard passes won't do the trick when you're trying to win a game.
The Bears played not to lose, and as such, they lost.

For the first time in 22 years, I did not renew my Sunday Ticket. As long as Nagy is calling double reverses to lose yardage, this team won't win a damn thing.

I can't even begin to analyze what happened to our defense, but it's pathetic

I feel sorry for Fields. The Bears, under Nagy, will squander his talent.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I will blame all 3.

But the OL was fine tonight. Nagy and Dalton were terrified bitches.
well one of the reasons they looked fine was because Dalton was getting the ball out very fast, the announcers even commented on it. So thats the problem with a OL that cant get you time to go deep, you end up with a dink and dunk offense.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
What's even scarier is that even if he is let go.....it's the fucking McCaskeys that will be hiring his replacement.
Success (or failure) starts at the top. That's why people should be careful what they wish for when salivating over Pace's job.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
well one of the reasons they looked fine was because Dalton was getting the ball out very fast, the announcers even commented on it. So thats the problem with a OL that cant get you time to go deep, you end up with a dink and dunk offense.
We do not know what we have time for considering Dalton is a check down coward.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
GamesPassing
YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSCmpAttYdsIAYIAY/PACAYCAY/CmpCAY/PAYACYAC/Cmp
201831CINQB141111226365256629478.114246.33.911425.1
201932CINQB141313314528349439917.618435.93.516515.3
202033DALQB14119216333217022786.811275.23.410434.8
202134CHIqb1411273820680.200.00.02067.6

His intended air yards was at 0.2 last night! and the last 3 yeas was around 7.5 this is not a problem with Dalton being a coward, this is a play calling problem. (and a questionable OL problem)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSCmpAttYdsIAYIAY/PACAYCAY/CmpCAY/PAYACYAC/Cmp
GamesPassing
201831CINQB141111226365256629478.114246.33.911425.1
201932CINQB141313314528349439917.618435.93.516515.3
202033DALQB14119216333217022786.811275.23.410434.8
202134CHIqb1411273820680.200.00.02067.6

His intended air yards was at 0.2 last night! and the last 3 yeas was around 7.5 this is not a problem with Dalton being a coward, this is a play calling problem. (and a questionable OL problem)
The OL was fine.

Agreed, the system is an issue. But there are routes downfield during a game and he didn't even attempt to throw them.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone in the NFL sees how bad Jackson is now. No way you're getting anything for him.

If there is a trade to be had in the off season, trade Mack for a first round pick
you are not getting a 1st rounder for Mack, he's regressing and has a massive contract

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The OL was fine.

Agreed, the system is an issue. But there are routes downfield during a game and he didn't even attempt to throw them.
He turtled after the pick. What was that his 2nd pass attempt?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The OL was fine.

yes but again he has attempted those types of throws for every year for the last 10 years, so what changed? This is not a Dalton problem..

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guy earned the nickname "Red Rifle". He has often throw the ball deep in his 10 year career. This is a case of the system and its playcaller.

In this system, Dalton = Trubisky = Foles = Daniel = whomever else they have started since Nagy was hired.

Any wonder why all of the above mentioned QBs look very similar when in this system?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The guy earned the nickname "Red Rifle". He has often throw the ball deep in his 10 year career. This is a case of the system and its playcaller.

In this system, Dalton = Trubisky = Foles = Daniel = whomever else they have started since Nagy was hired.

Any wonder why all of the above mentioned QBs look very similar when in this system?
100% correct, And this is the reason I have said I wanted Dalton to start.. to show that once again its not the QB but the guy calling the plays is the biggest issue

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

In reality, we would have been better off with Trubisky last night than Dalton

jive

Liked Posts:
Dalton sucked. The only way to find his performance acceptable is to be a part of a fan base that has been accustomed to awful QB play. He sucked statistically and on the field. No TDs, 1 INT, 1 fumble lost. Not only that, his signing caused us to lose Fuller, whom we could have really used last night. We could have gotten Dalton's stat line out of Foles, or any other scrub QB.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
you are not getting a 1st rounder for Mack, he's regressing and has a massive contract

Oakland wanted him back this offseason and the Bears said no.

You gotta take off your pissy bears fan hat for a moment and look at it realistically. Mack's name keeps coming up in respected circles. Even on the telecast, you can tell many in league circles have a lot of respect for Mack.

If he can abuse some weaker teams, it will keep the narrative going for one more year, which is all we need to unload him.

We won't get the haul we spent for him, but I bet there would be teams who would give a first or high second for him.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody expected a win. The game wasn't even HALF as embarrassing as Green Bay's pantsing by the Saints.

Here's some takeaways;

1. The Bears offensive line didn't look like complete shit. Compared to that pile of sh!t they wheeled out there last year, this looked like night and day. Fields will improve this even more.
2. The defense gave up big chunk plays but played moderately well outside of those. If Goldman's return increases their run defense anymore, then this defense could maintain their top 10-15 status.
3. The offensive game mirrored basically every team who has beat the Rams. Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers would have played the same kind of dink and dunk offense. The problem is those guys are just more proficient at it. Sure, they probably would have had a chunk play or 2, but that's about the only difference.
4. The Bears don't have a good enough line to do anything else but the dink and dunk game against teams like the Rams.
5. If they would have tried something more elaborate, we would have just watched Aaron Donald tear Andy a new one over and over again until he looked like a ginger slice of swiss cheese.

I don't know how I feel about the "Fields Package"... Currently it just feels like what they did to him @ Georgia... and it's just weird to me. If he had never gone through that before, it probably wouldn't be an issue.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Dalton is not the biggest issue. Ever since Nagy was hired, no matter the QB, the personnel, the offensive results have been the same. Choppy, out of sync, and embarrassing.

The one and only constant through all of this has been Nagy. He was and is the single biggest problem on the offense.

That being said, Fields should start immediately so he can gain some valuable experience.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oakland wanted him back this offseason and the Bears said no.

You gotta take off your pissy bears fan hat for a moment and look at it realistically. Mack's name keeps coming up in respected circles. Even on the telecast, you can tell many in league circles have a lot of respect for Mack.

If he can abuse some weaker teams, it will keep the narrative going for one more year, which is all we need to unload him.

We won't get the haul we spent for him, but I bet there would be teams who would give a first or high second for him.
the post i replied to said trade him for a 1st, not a2nd, yes the Raiders inquired, but even they weren't offering a 1st or 2nd