Chris Simms & NBC analysts call Nagy an idiot

bionicbelly

Liked Posts:
I mean, yeah. It was primetime TV. Everyone saw who Nagy is.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
"He has no identity" If Nagy makes it to week six as head coach I'll be shocked.

Sage Rosenfels deserves a pat on the back. He called this out on Matt Nagy during calling a game in year ONE of his coaching tenure. Specifically called it a collection of plays, but he saw no concepts of recognition or attacking a defense...

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nagy HAS NEVER HAD A PLAN. That’s why I knew he would take back play calling the moment he had a sacrificial lamb. As bad as Mitch was, Nagy continues to be worse. Monty was a fucking beast so let’s sit him, Fields is an agile play maker who has insane deep accuracy so let’s play a statue who can’t throw further than Mitch, our OL is better equipped to power run? Yeah fuck that, we throwing these screens fuckers!

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Nagy HAS NEVER HAD A PLAN. That’s why I knew he would take back play calling the moment he had a sacrificial lamb. As bad as Mitch was, Nagy continues to be worse. Monty was a fucking beast so let’s sit him, Fields is an agile play maker who has insane deep accuracy so let’s play a statue who can’t throw further than Mitch, our OL is better equipped to power run? Yeah fuck that, we throwing these screens fuckers!

whats funny about the screens is that they never work. You can tell Nagy loves stuff like that but he can’t get his players to execute it. Ever. I’m not even being sarcastic. i swear I’ve never seen a screen play work under Nagy. Its really unbelievable. Almost every time the receiver who is supposed to be blocking gets blown up immediately and the corner makes the tackle. It’s almost the same thing every time. It’s like he doesn’t get guys who can block or he doesn’t emphasize it being important for the play to work. I don’t get how you can suck at something so bad yet want to go back to it constantly. Not that I’m breaking news here. It’s one of the biggest things people complain about here. But his little gadget stuff never works. It’s like teams know Nagy is a flake and loves running that stuff so they just sit on it at all times.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Montgomery started running well right out of the gate. Nagy went away from Montgomery quickly. He is very bad play caller. You stick with what's working until they can stop it. There isn't anything magical about calling plays.

No man because the defense would expect that!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rodney is right - it's amazing Pace/Nagy have survived this long. Drafting Trubisky, giving him 4 years, signing Glennon, signing Foles, signing Dalton and then lucking into Fields and not even playing him. What other GM/Coach combo can survive that?

I was initially fine with giving Dalton some starts and seeing what the offense looked like. If the product is what we saw last night, Nagy's hand will be forced by week 4 at the latest.