Chris Simms & NBC analysts call Nagy an idiot

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Rodney is right - it's amazing Pace/Nagy have survived this long. Drafting Trubisky, giving him 4 years, signing Glennon, signing Foles, signing Dalton and then lucking into Fields and not even playing him. What other GM/Coach combo can survive that?

I was initially fine with giving Dalton some starts and seeing what the offense looked like. If the product is what we saw last night, Nagy's hand will be forced by week 4 at the latest.
I really think if Fields starts before week 5 Nagy is pushing for it because he's acutely aware he's going to get fired.

He's saving that spade for defcon 5. He won't want to use it until absolutely necessary.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don’t get rid of Pace and Teddy and we will be right back here having the same conversation 5 years from now about our new head coach.
Teddy's not going anywhere

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Sage Rosenfels deserves a pat on the back. He called this out on Matt Nagy during calling a game in year ONE of his coaching tenure. Specifically called it a collection of plays, but he saw no concepts of recognition or attacking a defense...
Case in point, in his presser today (and in the past) Nagy said that his reasoning for going for it on various 4th downs last night was because they "had a few plays that they really liked" and wanted to stay aggressive.

It's like he has these plays that he cooks up and whenever he decides its "time to get aggressive" he's just gonna dial them up without any context or nuance. And his explanations on the game situation (when asked) rarely make sense. Meaning he basically confirms that he's just throwing plays out there, coverage or mismatches be damned.

msadows

Liked Posts:
A lot of truth in there but why does everybody fall just short of saying Mack is a complete waste of money?

He def is but thats a contract that every team woulda given him at that point.
Would be so sick. People want to talk about a physical identity on the Bears, people would go nuts over a team coached by him.

Zero shot. The saints look like a playoff team. He aint going anywhere if winston keeps playing that way. He would be my dream coach tho.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The biggest difference between Payton and Nagy is that Payton molds his offense around his personel....Nagy does the opposite....no matter who is available, they have to play his offense even if it means forcing round pegs into square holes.

Example: with Brees in his prime, the Saints threw the ball all over the field.....as Brees' abilities started to fade they went to a more balanced offense with Kamara doing a lot more of the heavy lifting.

With Nagy....there is very little change in philosophy, just different faces doing it. I'm using the term philosophy very loosely. There are times when you think his choice of plays come from darts hitting a blackboard. Never really a plan of attack, just saying "Ok, maybe this one will work"

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Case in point, in his presser today (and in the past) Nagy said that his reasoning for going for it on various 4th downs last night was because they "had a few plays that they really liked" and wanted to stay aggressive.

It's like he has these plays that he cooks up and whenever he decides its "time to get aggressive" he's just gonna dial them up without any context or nuance. And his explanations on the game situation (when asked) rarely make sense. Meaning he basically confirms that he's just throwing plays out there, coverage or mismatches be damned.
He is the Rex Grossman of coaches.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stopped watching when Nagy's presser started

iu

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

That's exactly it.

Honestly, its like a computer is calling the plays, but only with input on down and distance, and zero input on what the defense is doing.

Its really bad.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Next question…what will it take to get Sean Payton in Chicago?

Would be so sick. People want to talk about a physical identity on the Bears, people would go nuts over a team coached by him.

He's got a Qb who just tossed 5 Tds vs Packers. Why leave that?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's got a Qb who just tossed 5 Tds vs Packers. Why leave that?

I wonder if the rumor from last year still holds water - that Pat Ryan is wanting control of the team from the McCaskeys, and is prepared to clean out the front office to make way for....

Pat Fitzgerald..... :(

Then I remember being a Bears fan is like Dante's inferno - we never get a real NFL football coach; we just bounce between the different planes of hell.

At least we've never been to the bottom plane of hell - I heard that was reserved for the Detroit Lions...