Chris Simms & NBC analysts call Nagy an idiot

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
A lot of truth in there but why does everybody fall just short of saying Mack is a complete waste of money?
I was waiting for him to say something about Mack. He hasn’t shown up s in a couple of years

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Montgomery started running well right out of the gate. Nagy went away from Montgomery quickly. He is very bad play caller. You stick with what's working until they can stop it. There isn't anything magical about calling plays.
Well hang on now. It's not a bad thing to use what just worked well to help set up something else. It's just that Matty N is a complete fool and simply cannot, for the life of him, actually take advantage of that kind of thing.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Spot on. Monty's agility and shiftiness was elite last night.

I'm so happy for him. He worked hard and it shows. We need more guys like him in the lockeroom and less Eddie Jackson "all talk" bullshit players.
But he is slow??

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Well hang on now. It's not a bad thing to use what just worked well to help set up something else. It's just that Matty N is a complete fool and simply cannot, for the life of him, actually take advantage of that kind of thing.
I believe Nagy knows what will work, but it isn’t the type of offense he wants to put out. Remember when he said he didn’t come here to run the I-formation?

Last edited:

jive

Liked Posts:
Long as we have Teddy and the McCaskeys, we'll wind up with coaches like Wannstedt, Jauron, Lovie (who wasn't that bad in comparison), Trestman, Fox, and Nagy. Teddy might know how to make money, but he has no clue how to build a successful franchise. There's no accountability in this organization. If there was, the captains of this failboat would have been walking the plank decades ago.

Ted Phillips presided over some crap teams, and until he goes, the franchise will never have lasting success. His job is to make money for the McCaskeys, and if winning is a side effect, the fans get to benefit too. The short sightedness of Phillips is that if he could actually field consistent winners, the McCaskey's coffers would be overflowing.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
2018 was a fluke. Nagy is a dumb ass, and a bad coach. He gets outcoached by everyone.
Right. Fangio outcoached mcvay and some others in 2018 but Nagy didn't do shit. In fact Nagy has been embarrassed by mcvay for 3 straight years after fangio left. In 19 and 20 the bears lost solely because of the coaching gap

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Long as we have Teddy and the McCaskeys, we'll wind up with coaches like Wannstedt, Jauron, Lovie (who wasn't that bad in comparison), Trestman, Fox, and Nagy. Teddy might know how to make money, but he has no clue how to build a successful franchise. There's no accountability in this organization. If there was, the captains of this failboat would have been walking the plank decades ago.

Ted Phillips presided over some crap teams, and until he goes, the franchise will never have lasting success. His job is to make money for the McCaskeys, and if winning is a side effect, the fans get to benefit too. The short sightedness of Phillips is that if he could actually field consistent winners, the McCaskey's coffers would be overflowing.

The truly sad thing is, the McCaskeys who run the Bears really and truly want to win. They really do.

The problem is that they all are fucking naive and stupid and run the Bears like a small business rather than a proper NFL franchise. You ever hear the expression "Look around the poker table, and if you can't see the sucker, then you're the sucker"?

That's the McCaskeys. They're the suckers. Too nice for their own good in a rough business, and running a team like it is still 1965. That's why they will never win. They want to, but are too stupid to know how (hence Ernie Acorsi, all the crazy Mike McCaskey flaps, etc). Just a family completely out of touch....

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

It's such and embarrassment to see that awesome stadium that the Rams play in, then compare it to the city park (minus the swigs) that the Bears play in. Yet that stadium last nigh was full of Bears fans, I mean it was loud when the Bears actually did something right. My point is, Teddy isn't making the Bears money, this dedicated fan base is.

Take this team, the McStupids, and Teddy, move them to some small market city and see how the cash flow slows down for them. The decision to keep both Nagy and Pace was all about money, the owners are cheap and greedy, and I don't want to hear about how they spend up to the cap, so that makes them not cheap, all the teams spend as much to maintain a roster.

And I have had it seeing Ginny's face every time they play a prime time game, SHE is the reason this franchise sucks.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
The biggest difference between Payton and Nagy is that Payton molds his offense around his personel....Nagy does the opposite....no matter who is available, they have to play his offense even if it means forcing round pegs into square holes.

Example: with Brees in his prime, the Saints threw the ball all over the field.....as Brees' abilities started to fade they went to a more balanced offense with Kamara doing a lot more of the heavy lifting.

With Nagy....there is very little change in philosophy, just different faces doing it. I'm using the term philosophy very loosely. There are times when you think his choice of plays come from darts hitting a blackboard. Never really a plan of attack, just saying "Ok, maybe this one will work"

I generally agree but as I read on in your post I couldn’t help but think “wtf is Nagy’s offense”? It’s like we’re calling it his offense or his scheme because he came from KC. It’s Schoop level shit. It’s not even an offense. I don’t even want to call it a scheme

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
excuse after excuse....

He's had several QBs, hired and fired a bunch of coaches.....same old shit every week. Shovel passes, curls, sideline run passes, RPOs, end arounds.....

How much more do you need to see?

Lazor calls plays and Trubisky lights it up.....people excuse Nagy because those were easy defenses.....

Shits wearing thin.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's such and embarrassment to see that awesome stadium that the Rams play in, then compare it to the city park (minus the swigs) that the Bears play in. Yet that stadium last nigh was full of Bears fans, I mean it was loud when the Bears actually did something right. My point is, Teddy isn't making the Bears money, this dedicated fan base is.

Take this team, the McStupids, and Teddy, move them to some small market city and see how the cash flow slows down for them. The decision to keep both Nagy and Pace was all about money, the owners are cheap and greedy, and I don't want to hear about how they spend up to the cap, so that makes them not cheap, all the teams spend as much to maintain a roster.

And I have had it seeing Ginny's face every time they play a prime time game, SHE is the reason this franchise sucks.

The thing is - it isn't about cheap and greedy. They're a weird, insular, small business owning family, and their small business happens to be the FUCKING CHICAGO BEARS. It really is because they are too fucking stupid. Unlike most of the owners, none of them have really major cash incomes, which is why the kids are so eager to sell and cash out.

The adults want to win. They just are WAY out of their damn depth, and have had too much weird "McCaskey pride" to just sell.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
I generally agree but as I read on in your post I couldn’t help but think “wtf is Nagy’s offense”? It’s like we’re calling it his offense or his scheme because he came from KC. It’s Schoop level shit. It’s not even an offense. I don’t even want to call it a scheme
Nagy is an imposter, yet smart enough to know how to blow smoke up the McStupids ass to stay employed.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Nagy seems like a great guy, I'd like him a lot more if he wasn't the HC of the Bears. I do think he has a place in the league but it doesn't appear to be at HC or OC.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy's playcalling and game decisions are as cohesive and concise as his interviews.

Game Salad.

Last edited: