Games like this make the case for a change at head coach.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I just realized - THIS is probably the reason the Bears started Dalton. Because as soon as the calls for Nagy's head get heated, he throws the kid in there and hopes everyone gets distracted by the "shiny new thing"...

Some commentator made that comment a while back. As long as Fields is on the bench Nagy has an excuse. If he can delay Fields getting on the field and he does well like say week 9 when the season is lost the argument could be made that if we just had Fields in the whole time we would have had a winning season. We all know that isn't true. It however is arguably the only way Nagy gets another year. Well, I say that, he should not have got another year last year. For all I know he and Pace may have been given assurances.

I love how in one breath we can discuss how awful and inept Nagy and Pace can be...how they can't put together a winning game plan. Basically they couldn't strategize their way out of a paper bag. But in the next breath yall are talking about how they are playing 4D chess with strategizing how they can keep their jobs when they eventually suck.

Nagy is too dumb to put together a winning game plan and make the proper in game adjustments...but somehow can scheme 8 weeks into the future to distract the fanbase with his "shiny new thing"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
There are a couple of consistent coaching issues with Nagy's teams - regardless of what is happening with the production of his offenses.

I do not believe his team's are coached details enough or at least the team does not grasp the coaching they are getting. There are just too many mistakes due to missing details - lining up wrong, bad communication, bad technique, whatever the hell the issue is. It has been a reoccurring issue with Nagy's teams.

Accountability. Nagy's teams don't have it. No one seems to really hold anyone accountable. Nagy doesn't seem to hold his players accountable for their play. And the players do not hold themselves and their teammates accountable. At least, nothing seems to be done with any consistently. Hence, missed assignments, missed routes, poor effort, and dumb penalties, etc.

Right.....these ppl are just picking up a check ? They don't care and don't get pissed off about losing. A Ditka-mentality is needed.

Joker85

Liked Posts:
I love how in one breath we can discuss how awful and inept Nagy and Pace can be...how they can't put together a winning game plan. Basically they couldn't strategize their way out of a paper bag. But in the next breath yall are talking about how they are playing 4D chess with strategizing how they can keep their jobs when they eventually suck.

Nagy is too dumb to put together a winning game plan and make the proper in game adjustments...but somehow can scheme 8 weeks into the future to distract the fanbase with his "shiny new thing"

That take is pretty silly. There are tons upon tons of people in the corporate world (and every other job for that matter) that are terrible at their actual job but brilliant at kissing ass, deflecting blame, and failing upward. One doesn't have anything to do with the other.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

What if I told you it's possible to be good at some things but bad at others.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
That take is pretty silly. There are tons upon tons of people in the corporate world (and every other job for that matter) that are terrible at their actual job but brilliant at kissing ass, deflecting blame, and failing upward. One doesn't have anything to do with the other.

What if I told you it's possible to be good at some things but bad at others.

Isn't there a saying that the most obvious answer is usually the correct answer...I am more likely to believe that the inept ownership put in place an inept head coach that can't put together a solid game plan...than say the inept coach is putting more effort into his scheme to distract everyone in week 8 or 9 with Justin Fields being announces as the starter.

But keep trying to convince yourself that Fields isn't being started because that is Nagy's wildcard to keeping his job another year.

As dumb as @Hal9000 is, this makes a bit more sense than Nagy planning 8 weeks into the future to save his job:

Something else to keep in mind -- Pace made it clear that Fields was a Nagy pick. Could Pace be forcing Nagy to play Dalton?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Isn't there a saying that the most obvious answer is usually the correct answer...I am more likely to believe that the inept ownership put in place an inept head coach that can't put together a solid game plan...than say the inept coach is putting more effort into his scheme to distract everyone in week 8 or 9 with Justin Fields being announces as the starter.

But keep trying to convince yourself that Fields isn't being started because that is Nagy's wildcard to keeping his job another year.

As dumb as @Hal9000 is, this makes a bit more sense than Nagy planning 8 weeks into the future to save his job:
That's fair. Honestly speaking, what has Nagy shown that he can do well. It does start from the top. Allowing Nagy and Pace is quite damning of the front office. Until changes up top happen the positions below them won't matter. The results will continue to be the same.

Last edited: