Dalton is the starter when healthy

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I really don't understand why Nagy feels so obligated to Dalton. They have no history before this season. The guy is getting paid well. You don't owe him anything.
Because Dalton gives them a better chance to win, but with all the hype they have poured into Justin Fields they have to be very diplomatic in how they go about saying that.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I don't think it matters who the QB is, they just have to look good for Nagy to stay at the helm. 2 games in and its same old same old.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Because Dalton gives them a better chance to win
Nagy certainly believes that. And I think he knows he is under the gun to produce a decent offense this season. It's full job save mode for Nagy IMO and that means start the vet and try to produce the most consistent offense you can all season.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
I thought the offense looked 100X more efficient with Dalton in. He was moving the ball and getting first downs. The passing game was efficient and the running game was ripping off 5-10 yards on a regular basis. That first drive was a thing of beauty.
I am as excited as anyone about Fields, but yesterday showed me that he is just not quite ready. He was just a tick off in the passing game and I thought having Fields would open up the running game a bit too, but that diden't seem to be the case either. The entire offense stalled with Fields.

To me, if Dalton is healthy, he should be the starter. With the division possibly wide open, the team deserves the best chance to win. Right now, that is with Dalton.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I thought the offense looked 100X more efficient with Dalton in. He was moving the ball and getting first downs. The passing game was efficient and the running game was ripping off 5-10 yards on a regular basis. That first drive was a thing of beauty.
I am as excited as anyone about Fields, but yesterday showed me that he is just not quite ready. He was just a tick off in the passing game and I thought having Fields would open up the running game a bit too, but that diden't seem to be the case either. The entire offense stalled with Fields.

To me, if Dalton is healthy, he should be the starter. With the division possibly wide open, the team deserves the best chance to win. Right now, that is with Dalton.
...prepare you butthole.

(But it's nice to see objectivity.)

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doubt that Dalton plays for a few weeks or more. I've had knee injuries and that's what it looked like and not a bruise.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well, he is healthy.

The mri came back as no acl no Mcl. Likely just a bruise.

If they put dalton back in this week and he performs poorly nagy will have so much shit to put up with next monday from the media.
He will miss a week guaranteed. He is not "healthy"

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
All these people who were just assuming it's Fields' team now, since he played the majority of snaps on Sunday. Had to know Nagy wasn't done with the ginger-headed one.

I do think Fields should start from here on out, but I have to admit, he did not seize his opportunity Sunday. If he went in on Sunday and grabbed the game by the balls, there wouldn't be any question.
Something he might do this Sunday. Dalton is not playing this Sunday

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All these people who were just assuming it's Fields' team now, since he played the majority of snaps on Sunday. Had to know Nagy wasn't done with the ginger-headed one.

I do think Fields should start from here on out, but I have to admit, he did not seize his opportunity Sunday. If he went in on Sunday and grabbed the game by the balls, there wouldn't be any question.

I'm sorry this board doesn't use reason

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
If Robinson makes that "very catchable" catch, its a different story on this board. That was such an amazing throw, with an insane angle. I really liked what I saw from Fields. Our OLine (yes we all know), needs to give the kid some breathing room. If he keeps scrambling, he's gonna get hurt. I dont care about his 40 time.

I honestly didn't expect much from Fields yesterday other than, "please dont get hurt!"
I dont understand why some here had such high expectations for him yesterday. Remember who the play caller is here. Its the same guy that has failed to show rookies and veterans any sense of direction, so why would you expect anything more for a first day rookie. Fields isn't at the level to call audibles like he will the more he plays. He's not there with the trust level of his teammates for him to know exactly how they play and for them to know his little ways of playing. I mean look at the false starts he did because of miscommunication.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Just some knee tightness and the arrow is pointed up. Two to three weeks and then he'll have surgery.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I think you just missed what happened.

If Nagy is non committal, and Bears PR is telling your HEAD COACH who the starter is.....

That means Pace is forcing Nagy to play Dalton.

Hmm. Where have I seen this before?

Oh yeah. When Pace forced Fox to play Glennon... One year before Fox was fired......

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Yesterday should have shown ppl just to let it play out.

If Fields shredded the Bengals with all of those turnovers he'd be named the starter today.

Calm down. He'll be the starter soon enough.

This offense is NEVER gonna shred people in its current form all yesterdays game did was highlight that no matter how much you focus on the QB the rest of the team is still just as inconsistent .

So tell me what should my eyes believe

An offense thats has NEVER been good in the 4 years Nagy has been in charge with players who have been here quite a whole still making the same stupid mistakes

or one of the rookie QB prospects to come out in recent years who got thrown in to the fire after spending the majority of his time running scout team .

The last game told me nothing I didn't already know which is that this team needs to be gutted

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

There was no opportunity to seize because Fields was setup to fail right from the start .

BigTom

Liked Posts:
How does someone get a bone bruise simply running to the sideline with no contact? Maybe I don't know what a bone bruise is because that doesn't make sense.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
This offense is NEVER gonna shred people in its current form all yesterdays game did was highlight that no matter how much you focus on the QB the rest of the team is still just as inconsistent .

So tell me what should my eyes believe

An offense thats has NEVER been good in the 4 years Nagy has been in charge with players who have been here quite a whole still making the same stupid mistakes

or one of the rookie QB prospects to come out in recent years who got thrown in to the fire after spending the majority of his time running scout team .

The last game told me nothing I didn't already know which is that this team needs to be gutted
Weren't you arguing with me about how Fields is already an upgrade like a few days ago?

The things you posted, I already accepted...this team won't be great regardless of who starts because of other issues.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
How does someone get a bone bruise simply running to the sideline with no contact? Maybe I don't know what a bone bruise is because that doesn't make sense.

I think he got it on the sack when he came back into the game later

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Weren't you arguing with me about how Fields is already an upgrade like a few days ago?

The things you posted, I already accepted...this team won't be great regardless of who starts because of other issues.
Fields IS an upgrade to Dalton but Nagy is still Nagy.