Preseason Game Thread

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It's not like there's only 16 games. 82 individual IGT's is just unnecessary clutter. Especially when you only have less than a dozen posters active in this forum.
Clutter?

You do know that there are always around 20 threads on the front page. All the "clutter" will go to the second page and disappear from sight.

Is it possible that there are a dozen active posters right now because the team has sucked for years? Is it also possible that there will be an increase in posters this year because the team looks to be a lot of fun?

How about a compromise?

Create a "Today's Game" thread and a "Old 2021 Season Games" thread. The day before a new game, the "Today's Game" thread is merged with the "Old 2021 Season Games" thread and a new "Today's Game" thread is created.

Thus, your clutter will be just 1 more thread on the front page while all garbage material will be on an "Old 2021 Season Games" thread which no one will want to read anyhow.

Is that acceptable?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When they didn't suck?
The last time we did IGTs for every game was like 11 years ago.

But I'm reasonable, we can do individual threads per game, but I'm just going to merge them into one master IGT afterwards.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

But I'm reasonable, we can do individual threads per game, but I'm just going to merge them into one master IGT afterwards.
Actually you did them in 2014-15 just from a quick search.

Otherwise I think we only did IGT for the playoffs, though they only made it one more season after that point.

Seemed like the season long IGT worked the past few years. Perhaps with more traffic, individual threads make more sense.

Really up to the posters though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually you did them in 2014-15 just from a quick search.

Otherwise I think we only did IGT for the playoffs, though they only made it one more season after that point.

Seemed like the season long IGT worked the past few years. Perhaps with more traffic, individual threads make more sense.

Really up to the posters though.
Oh wow, guess I had the time and desire that year

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

I would suggest a better suggest, less maintenance for you at least, would be a IGT for each month. So Oct. IGT, Nov, IGT, that sort of thing. But at the same time, I don't do any work so if you're volunteering to do it, you do you. haha.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls Championship! I say IGT with side threads on individual game thoughts. Then, if we feeling squirrely individual, individual threads.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

That would be perfect.

The last time the Bulls were worth watching was the Rose era. I could be wrong, but I think that the Bulls are going to be a must watch type of team.

Personally, I have watched the first few weeks to see the new rookies and when most were bums, I stopped watching the Bulls. I am hopeful that this year is different.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just wait until you see what it's like for this team to play Utah, Milwaukee, Philly, Lakers, Miami, New Jersey, San Antonio, Oklahoma City.

This team will be a tease without interior help. The Lovie Smith Bulls. Beat on bad opponents and match up terribly with good teams that know what they are doing and have bigs to deploy.

Just ask Harden how many years off his basketball life he lost his last two years in Houston.

Like we just saw this movie in Houston.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bulls fever is back! Wouldn’t shock me at all if the bulls are the next Chicago team to win a title… granted that’s probably more an indictment of the rest of Chicago sports
No White Sox?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Just wait until you see what it's like for this team to play Utah, Milwaukee, Philly, Lakers, Miami, New Jersey, San Antonio, Oklahoma City.

This team will be a tease without interior help. The Lovie Smith Bulls. Beat on bad opponents and match up terribly with good teams that know what they are doing and have bigs to deploy.

Just ask Harden how many years off his basketball life he lost his last two years in Houston.

pretty sure the bulls will do just fine against Miami, San Antonio, OKC, and Utah. And New Jersey isn’t even a team anymore lol

but yes, they will struggle to defend giannis and embiid…as will the entire NBA lol

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

So your criticism is that they'll beat the teams they are supposed to beat, and struggle against teams that are better than them?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bulls fever is back! Wouldn’t shock me at all if the bulls are the next Chicago team to win a title… granted that’s probably more an indictment of the rest of Chicago sports
I think the Sox would like a word with you...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So your criticism is that they'll beat the teams they are supposed to beat, and struggle against teams that are better than them?
Personally. I hate when teams can't beat teams that are better than them. haha

But seriously. For me there has been so much turnover, with only 2 GarPax guys left that the only thing we know is what's on paper. I do need to see what the plan is for handling some of these teams before I just outright declare they are still better. If we trust the front office they made these moves to complete against the top teams not to beat the bad ones so they have to have a plan for the Giannas' of the league.

I hope.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Personally. I hate when teams can't beat teams that are better than them. haha

But seriously. For me there has been so much turnover, with only 2 GarPax guys left that the only thing we know is what's on paper. I do need to see what the plan is for handling some of these teams before I just outright declare they are still better. If we trust the front office they made these moves to complete against the top teams not to beat the bad ones so they have to have a plan for the Giannas' of the league.

I hope.
Well being in a position to make sure you're beating the teams you should be beating is an improvement from over the last few seasons.