ESPN predicts Bulls finish tied 8th in East with 40-42 record

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Agreed.

Can we stop LaMarcus Alrdridge from having his way with us? I doubt it.

Can we stop Joel Embiid?

Can we stop Bam Obedeyo?

It's my opinion as currently constructed we are going to give up easy buckets while trying to score difficult ones.

Good luck with that.

Can they stop us from having our way with them ? NO

The bigger issues with the Bulls was that they played well enough and were actually in a ton of close games but in the 4th quarter everything came down to shot making and they only had one shot maker until Vooch came along and nobody that really got to the foul line .

There are not gonna be a lot of difficult baskets when you have 3 of the top 30 scorers in the league on the same squad as well as 4 of the top passers . Scoring will simply not be an issue and they dont have to be a top 5 defensive team as the actually have the offensive firepower to be average defensively and still be great team .

No one really stops anyone anymore you are basically talking about a league that doesnt even exists anymore .

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To think the Bulls are going straight to the ECF is foolishness. This team is still flawed and of course the new team will need time to gel, but we should see improvement from last year for sure. A playoff prediction is not out of the question, but it may only be as a 6 or 7 seed..we might still have to see them go through the play in tournament.

It's cool if you're excited about the team and it's reasonable if you have tempered expectations, but let's not jump down each other's throats either way until we actually see them play in preseason at least lol

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Vucevic doesn't play full seasons and Lonzo doesn't add wins. Donovan hasn't had many teams do well without reliable depth from the front court in his entire coaching career.

If I'm building a 'prediction' calculation based on the existing data, you're not going to get more than 40 wins on paper. This is how the writers operate and have for my whole life. It's just filler material. Quantified calculations bounce the Bulls between 6 and 7 seeds, so take that with a grain of salt.

This experiment may turn out well over a long run and after some adjustments, but don't expect the Bulls to make this some overnight ECF runner. Its only going to exceed these expectations early through the misfortune of other teams, not because the Bulls found some secret sauce combination of play styles this offseason to shock the world.

Who said anything about the Bulls being ECF contenders overnight ?

What does Lonzo doesn't add any wains even mean ? because there are maybe 5 player in the entire league whose mere presence adds wins . Every single other player adding wins is entirely dependent upon who the player is surrounded by but now in this situations you've put Lonzo who is considered to be one of the best passers in the league onto a team with 3 of the top scorers in the league and you don't think his three point shooting or ability to push and move the ball will help the Bulls win one game ?

Nobody on the Nets plays full seasons , Embid didn't play a full season and I could go on and on because these claims you are making are somehow ignored when talking about other teams.

This whole thing is not an experiment its a step forward

The Bulls make the playoffs the next 2 season and win a series now they have expiring's and draft picks win which to make an offer for the next superstar that may want out .

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
To think the Bulls are going straight to the ECF is foolishness. This team is still flawed and of course the new team will need time to gel, but we should see improvement from last year for sure. A playoff prediction is not out of the question, but it may only be as a 6 or 7 seed..we might still have to see them go through the play in tournament.

It's cool if you're excited about the team and it's reasonable if you have tempered expectations, but let's not jump down each other's throats either way until we actually see them play in preseason at least lol

Who said the Bulls were going straight to ECF ? Im still trying to find out who said this

Its the Bucks and Nets

The Sixers are in disarray so who knows

After that its a rolling of the dice and you don't who can sustain their success over last year or will take a step forward from the non playoff teams . Last year this time no one was saying ATL and NY were gonna be the 4/5 seed so again the Bulls are putting just as much talent on the floor as any of the teams outside of the top 3 and have a legit chance to finish anywhere from 4-8 .

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Vucevic doesn't play full seasons and Lonzo doesn't add wins. Donovan hasn't had many teams do well without reliable depth from the front court in his entire coaching career.

If I'm building a 'prediction' calculation based on the existing data, you're not going to get more than 40 wins on paper. This is how the writers operate and have for my whole life. It's just filler material. Quantified calculations bounce the Bulls between 6 and 7 seeds, so take that with a grain of salt.

This experiment may turn out well over a long run and after some adjustments, but don't expect the Bulls to make this some overnight ECF runner. Its only going to exceed these expectations early through the misfortune of other teams, not because the Bulls found some secret sauce combination of play styles this offseason to shock the world.
Who has said that?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who said the Bulls were going straight to ECF ? Im still trying to find out who said this

Its the Bucks and Nets

The Sixers are in disarray so who knows

After that its a rolling of the dice and you don't who can sustain their success over last year or will take a step forward from the non playoff teams . Last year this time no one was saying ATL and NY were gonna be the 4/5 seed so again the Bulls are putting just as much talent on the floor as any of the teams outside of the top 3 and have a legit chance to finish anywhere from 4-8 .
Probably no one said it, but you know how internet forums are lol

All I'm saying is before someone gets upset at someone else for having an opinion, let's at least watch them play once lol

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Probably no one said it, but you know how internet forums are lol

All I'm saying is before someone gets upset at someone else for having an opinion, let's at least watch them play once lol
Screw that, big homie. You're either with us, or against us.

Choose your side.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Basketball teams have a bit of gel to make, yeah?

Like even when Lebron gets stacked dream teams it takes a year to develop.

I can get behind 50-60 wins next year with a more mature Williams and some interior defensive help.

This year 40-48 sounds about right. Don't let that stop us from fixing by trade mid-season, coming together and scaring a good or great team if they aren't healthy when they play us.

The trick is to be in the mix for many years and let a team of destiny happen.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Idt things go as planned and they will try to trade a few pieces before trade deadline.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idt things go as planned and they will try to trade a few pieces before trade deadline.
I agree and think we are inadequate defensively against both 4's and 5's until Williams starts to look a little more like David Robinson in a couple years.

We can fuck up some smaller teams but too many franchises are going to be able to exploit our weakness and that much interior play will take a physical toll as well.

Hope I'm wrong...I think this new team will be suddenly one of the more entertaining teams to watch. We Bulls fans need some excitement so it's all good.

It seems fixable and they may have the final piece or two in their plans already. The current build seems too incomplete to me for them not to have a specific target in mind to fix it. Or they will wait on P. Williams strength and maturity and do something with the DeRozan money in a couple years.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I agree and think we are inadequate defensively against both 4's and 5's until Williams starts to look a little more like David Robinson in a couple years.

We can fuck up some smaller teams but too many franchises are going to be able to exploit our weakness and that much interior play will take a physical toll as well.

Hope I'm wrong...I think this new team will be suddenly one of the more entertaining teams to watch. We Bulls fans need some excitement so it's all good.

It seems fixable and they may have the final piece or two in their plans already. The current build seems too incomplete to me for them not to have a specific target in mind to fix it. Or they will wait on P. Williams strength and maturity and do something with the DeRozan money in a couple years.
And it’s not necessarily a bad thing. If they see things not working out and tweak things quick that’s a good thing.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I’m going to predict between 50-53 wins. It might be really optimistic, but I like the chemistry shown so far and think they will be better on defense than expected. Zach and Vucevic are better on that end than they’re given credit for.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
47-35

They'll go through a rough stretch where shots aren't falling, but overall they'll win the games they are supposed to win.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I’m going to predict between 50-53 wins. It might be really optimistic, but I like the chemistry shown so far and think they will be better on defense than expected. Zach and Vucevic are better on that end than they’re given credit for.
Zach may be improving on that end. Vucevic is pretty terrible on defense though. If they can at least get him to use his length to limit passing lanes that'd be a big plus.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Zach may be improving on that end. Vucevic is pretty terrible on defense though. If they can at least get him to use his length to limit passing lanes that'd be a big plus.
I should clarify that he’s horrible in pick and roll defense, but I think he’s pretty solid around the basket. Not great, but good enough.

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
I'm going with 48-34, maybe #4-5 seed.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i8jwm3vheft71.jpg

538 doesn't like us.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
i8jwm3vheft71.jpg

538 doesn't like us.
Haha that’s fine…I’d gladly bet them the bulls finish higher than that. After the bucks, nets, and 76ers theres a bunch of teams that could be in that 4th spot in the east