Fields has high upside

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Reminds me a lot of Russell Wilson I see a lot of things to like from Fields but it looks like he's going to have some bad growing pains and won't be easy to watch in some of these games.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Reminds me a lot of Russell Wilson I see a lot of things to like from Fields but it looks like he's going to have some bad growing pains and won't be easy to watch in some of these games.

Kept it ? with this post. Totally agree. But in order for him to get there (his peak) we either have to: 1) fire Nagy, or 2) keep Nagy but bring in someone who truly knows how to call plays and run a sophisticated offense… and bring out the very best in Fields.

Lazor is a step up from Nagy but still behind where we need to be.

And maintaining the status quo won’t cut it.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I also believe he does, and thats why this season is all about his development and not trying to turn a 7-10 team into a 9-8 team.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I can’t remember the last time a bears QB tried to take advantage of a free play, since Cutler if not longer. Then Fields gives it his shot and… free play it was not.

Joker85

Liked Posts:
He just doesn't look comfortable at all in the pocket or outside of it running. He's tentative, and doesn't trust what he sees. As a result he's too slow to make decisions, when he pulls the trigger on a throw it's a step late, and when he decides to run he's a step slower because he took off so late, hence him getting run down by LBs and DEs. Maybe the browns game had more of an effect on him than we thought. Either way, its just something he has to work through. If we are still here a year from now with him playing slow and skittish, then it's time to start eyeballing the panic button. But for now he's just a rookie, and he has time to play himself out of this shit and start trusting what he sees to play fast again.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can’t remember the last time a bears QB tried to take advantage of a free play, since Cutler if not longer. Then Fields gives it his shot and… free play it was not.
And tards on here are crucifying him for being aggressive. It's a smart heads up play, should have been a flag. the other INT, in his presser, kinda made it sound like Robinson wasn't where he was supposed to be.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

Smart post. I saw his INT as the ‘potential’ for greatness. I was like, “damn, he saw that??!!”. That was some next level shit that we almost NEVER see from a Bear QB.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Yes but he's also making rookie mistakes he shouldn't. Fields can't be sitting around blaming others this is the NFL and he needs to put his destiny in his own hands.
What “rookie mistakes” is he making that “he shouldn’t”?

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
I think if he gets a competent head coach who can make sure that he can get the best out of Fields, then the sky’s the limit

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Yes but he's also making rookie mistakes he shouldn't. Fields can't be sitting around blaming others this is the NFL and he needs to put his destiny in his own hands.
Yes he’s gonna make rookie mistakes...uhhhh he’s a rookie. When has he blamed anyone except himself?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Smart post. I saw his INT as the ‘potential’ for greatness. I was like, “damn, he saw that??!!”. That was some next level shit that we almost NEVER see from a Bear QB.
I'm just excited to see the deep ball again. Man it was so boring watching Trubisky play at least Field's spices it up.

Cutler sucked but you can't say it wasn't entertaining at some points.

2013-12-1512_40_35.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kept it ? with this post. Totally agree. But in order for him to get there (his peak) we either have to: 1) fire Nagy, or 2) keep Nagy but bring in someone who truly knows how to call plays and run a sophisticated offense… and bring out the very best in Fields.

Lazor is a step up from Nagy but still behind where we need to be.

And maintaining the status quo won’t cut it.

It's also moving on from Pace too at this point

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
I honestly thought he played well.

-interception was supposed to be a free play.
-missed touchdown to wide open allen robinson he explained in postgame. He said it was a naked play and his eyes aren't supposed to go there.

He did take a bad sack at the end of the game, he needs to clean that up. Other than that, I love that he doesn't get rattled. He took a helmet to the temple and popped right up. At one point in the game it looked like he was dropping his eyes, but he readjusted and overcame it.

I like the little nuances, too. Noticing the playclock and trying to get the refs attention, talking to the refs when he thought the defender purposely rolled him over... he's getting more comfortable and confident in areas outside of throwing which is what special quarterbacks do.

Really excited for his future.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
People simply don’t know football:

1. The INT was a smart play — 8 times out of 10 the ref throws the flag on the offsides. I want Fields doing exactly what he did 100% of the time right there.

2. The missed wide open attempt to ARob was not his fault either — the Oline let a defender have a free run at the QB on that play and Fields was running for his life during the exact time that ARob became open — and I don’t mean rolling out scrambling - Fields was literally dodging the defender and had no opportunity to set up and make a throw like that.

3. The play calling sucked. We need more quick outlets with those slow developing plays. With our weak Oline… to keep running those slow developing plays with no outlets is just asking for trouble.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I honestly thought he played well.

-interception was supposed to be a free play.
-missed touchdown to wide open allen robinson he explained in postgame. He said it was a naked play and his eyes aren't supposed to go there.

He did take a bad sack at the end of the game, he needs to clean that up. Other than that, I love that he doesn't get rattled. He took a helmet to the temple and popped right up. At one point in the game it looked like he was dropping his eyes, but he readjusted and overcame it.

I like the little nuances, too. Noticing the playclock and trying to get the refs attention, talking to the refs when he thought the defender purposely rolled him over... he's getting more comfortable and confident in areas outside of throwing which is what special quarterbacks do.

Really excited for his future.
Totally agree. A d I’d add that the sack at the end of the play was a complete garbage play design.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Some make more than others i would say Fields is as ready as Watson was.
I’m more concerned about him hesitating. I’m worried that getting pressure constantly and getting hit often will make that even worse.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People simply don’t know football:

1. The INT was a smart play — 8 times out of 10 the ref throws the flag on the offsides. I want Fields doing exactly what he did 100% of the time right there.

2. The missed wide open attempt to ARob was not his fault either — the Oline let a defender have a free run at the QB on that play and Fields was running for his life during the exact time that ARob became open — and I don’t mean rolling out scrambling - Fields was literally dodging the defender and had no opportunity to set up and make a throw like that.

3. The play calling sucked. We need more quick outlets with those slow developing plays. With our weak Oline… to keep running those slow developing plays with no outlets is just asking for trouble.
Two is incorrect. Fields should have saw Arob, he missed him a few times