I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
For someone who complains a lot about facts, you sure don't use many/any.

Shall we count the facts made by yourself and by myself since the beginning of our discussion?

you are the one that made a claim, not me. You claimed jimmy was OBVIOUSLY better than Lavine. I responded saying, that’s an interesting take. That is all I said initially. You’re the one that blew up on some tirade, as if someone can’t have a differing opinion…like a grade schooler

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you are the one that made a claim, not me. You claimed jimmy was OBVIOUSLY better than Lavine. I responded saying, that’s an interesting take. That is all I said initially. You’re the one that blew up on some tirade, as if someone can’t have a differing opinion…like a grade schooler
I'd rather sound like a grade schooler...than think Zach LaVine is on the same level as Jimmy Butler.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'd rather sound like a grade schooler...than think Zach LaVine is on the same level as Jimmy Butler.
Which one was an all star last season? I’ll wait…

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

And this helps put Jimmy’s hall of fame chances in perspective…

5A4DF129-35F4-473A-A2D4-984FCF35AB4D.png

there’s the list of active players and their chances. So sure, if Blake griffin and Rajon rondo are hall of famers, then I guess jimmy is. Something tells me those two don’t get in either. Then again, maybe the nba is loose with whomst they let in

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

View attachment 14940

there’s the list of active players and their chances. So sure, if Blake griffin and Rajon rondo are hall of famers, then I guess jimmy is. Something tells me those two don’t get in either. Then again, maybe the nba is loose with whomst they let in
So according to a list that says there is a good chance that Kawhi Leonard will not make the HOF (and Love has a better chance than the Greek Freak), Butler most likely won't get in and there are about 20 guys currently with a better chance. And I'm supposed to take that seriously? All you did was make my case for me- seeing as all I said was that he has a high chance.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So according to a list that says there is a good chance that Kawhi Leonard will not make the HOF (and Love has a better chance than the Greek Freak), Butler most likely won't get in and there are about 20 guys currently with a better chance. And I'm supposed to take that seriously? All you did was make my case for me- seeing as all I said was that he has a high chance.
Lol it’s basketball reference. I’d say they know what they are doing a lil more than you or I. But it doesn’t shock me that your ego thinks otherwise.

and you admit that according to that list, butler likely doesn’t get in…but then you claim my post also proved your point that butler is a future HOFer. It can’t be both. You’re all over the fucking place dude.

but I’ll leave you to your jimmy butler poster above your bed

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol it’s basketball reference. I’d say they know what they are doing a lil more than you or I. But it doesn’t shock me that your ego thinks otherwise.

and you admit that according to that list, butler likely doesn’t get in…but then you claim my post also proved your point that butler is a future HOFer. It can’t be both. You’re all over the fucking place dude.

but I’ll leave you to your jimmy butler poster above your bed
If you knew how to read, you would have read that I only said that Butler was a potential Hall of Famer. And you laughed at that. Then you post something which backs up my point that Butler is a potential Hall of Famer.

Basketball reference has metrics for everything. But a metric which states that Kevin Love is more likely Hall of Fame bound than Giannis Antetokounmpo is quite a stretch. That's not my vast basketball knowledge or ego talking. A casual NBA fan should know that.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If you knew how to read, you would have read that I only said that Butler was a potential Hall of Famer. And you laughed at that. Then you post something which backs up my point that Butler is a potential Hall of Famer.

Basketball reference has metrics for everything. But a metric which states that Kevin Love is more likely Hall of Fame bound than Giannis Antetokounmpo is quite a stretch. That's not my vast basketball knowledge or ego talking. A casual NBA fan should know that.

yep, I did laugh at it…because jimmy isn’t going to the HOF.

and clearly you don’t understand how metrics work. It has Kevin move ahead of giannis because it’s based off of the body of work to this point. Nobody can predict what giannis does from here on out. Yes, on the surface it’s easy to say giannis has a better chance of going to the HOF than love…but if giannis had a career ending injury today, he wouldn’t make it to the HOF. That’s how they come up with those scores. But I wouldn’t expect you to understand that

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
November looks like a tough month for the bulls. They better take advantage of the first handful of games that are a lot easier to win on paper

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
November is going to be a death march for the Bulls.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
November is going to be a death march for the Bulls.
Guess we will find out early just where they stack up. If they come out of the month .500 or better, that’s a win

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

View attachment 14940

To be fair, I believe this is a list of current probability. Based only on the stats they have so far. So it's saying that if he retired today he'd have a 46% probability to get into the hall. That is actually pretty good when you think about it. Be he won't stop accumulating stats now, and his probably will continue to rise as he receives more points for hitting certain metrics. Also, given that if he maintains his production, several people on that list will retire and in the hall before him. So it should allow for him to move up on some of the lists that the calculation is leaning on. He's 20th on the list of active players, but if you include all players, his stats as they sit currently make him 126, or about Ben Wallace.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Guess we will find out early just where they stack up. If they come out of the month .500 or better, that’s a win

Im loving that schedule because it really gives the Bulls a chance to pounce early on some teams in the standings and build confidence against some of those top teams .

The west coast trip is brutal but its a true walk it like you talk it stretch

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Im loving that schedule because it really gives the Bulls a chance to pounce early on some teams in the standings and build confidence against some of those top teams .

Yeah, last year (I know it's hard to compare to last year with the roster turnover) they were a crazy 9-30 against teams above .500. And 22-11 vs teams below 500. That meshes some with their record of 10-20 against the west. With 6 of those 10 wins coming against bad SW teams. 1-9 vs. the Pacific. If they can even out what they do in the west some, and just continue to improve on the east (21-21) they are looking at .500 as the floor in my opinion. If they would have just won 5 more games in the west last year they could have done it. I'm hopeful they have enough talent to do it.

Sidenote, they were close to that last year, but they went 3-5 in games under 3 pts. You win all 5 of those games and you're at .500 last year. they were 16-20 in games under 10 points. There are a few wins that were let go there as well. Different team though so we'll see. So far so good.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yep, I did laugh at it…because jimmy isn’t going to the HOF.

and clearly you don’t understand how metrics work. It has Kevin move ahead of giannis because it’s based off of the body of work to this point. Nobody can predict what giannis does from here on out. Yes, on the surface it’s easy to say giannis has a better chance of going to the HOF than love…but if giannis had a career ending injury today, he wouldn’t make it to the HOF. That’s how they come up with those scores. But I wouldn’t expect you to understand that
The body of work between those two players isn't even close. Longevity is far from the biggest factor when it comes to the NBHOF. Ever hear of Yao Ming? Well, hardly a iron man. But a monumental international icon and helped the game expand. He was a no brainer. Love vs. Giannis? If both guys retired tomorrow, guarantee Giannis has the easier time getting in.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If the Bulls overperform in their early Western road trip then it should set them up for success down the road. I don't mind it at all. It will be a litmus test.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I'd give Butler the edge for now simply because he has lead teams to winning basketball. Zach does deserve some leniency here as he has dealt with bad coaches (one of the worst of all time) and bad rosters. No excuses this year though.