Matt Nagy or Bears fining Late players?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well Nagy signed the letter. If it came down from the Bears shouldn't it be signed by Pace?

Either way, this seems like a poor way to get your players to play hard for you.

I wonder, is this common practice throughout the NFL?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If this is the first time he has been late, then yeah it seem a little extreme to fine him, but we do not know what all the facts are....

Maybe it is my Military service time, but if you are always on time, you are inevitably going to be late.

5 minutes early depending on how far away you are is going to give you some flexibility.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jaylon going to remember this come payday lol

pablovi

Liked Posts:
That’s just sheer stupidity, instead of holding them accountable for what they do in game. The fine you for being one minute late!? Nagy is such a fucking idiot.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The right thing to do is to let this slide if the player has earned it. It is up to the coaches to decide which players get a pass and which ones get the hammer.

As fans we will all have an opinion as to the current staffs ability to make the right call on matters of discipline. The bottom line for me is, "IS THE TEAM WINNING?", if yes, then the coaches are making the right call, if the team is losing then, no.

Right now I will give Nagy and his guys the benefit of the doubt , but that can change fast at 3-3. If the Bears fall into a tail spin and this turns into a joke of a season, this little incident could be looked at as an early warning of what was to come.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It reminds me of the opening scene from Horrible Bosses where Kevin Spacey's character is introduced as being an asshole when Jason Bateman's character arrives into the facility 2 minutes late. He was 2 minutes late but said he "was a minute late". Spacey goes "well then I should have the security officer fired because he didn't notice the clocks were off by 1 minute". LMAO.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If yer not 15 minutes early, yer late.

Yep.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Its troubling for Nagy, and reflecting poorly if players whining on line. Being tardy, dump penalties all discipline related. Now, Nagi on hot pursuit of "why";)