1. North Carolina Tar Heels
chicago-bulls-benny-the-bull.gif

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Finally a season opener win. Hard fought gritty game. Won pretty much by defense. Offense didn't exactly show up for the game until it mattered in the 4th.

Thought Ball was kinda lackadaisical through 3 quarters, but came alive in the 4th minus his two bad turnovers towards the end.

Seems like there's some chemistry to work on, and if that happens, hopefully this team puts together a nice winning streak.

Was nice to see Ayo get some unexpected playing time as well. 7 points for his debut.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Interesting game. Great win. I'm a DeRozan fan but tonight had me going up and down with him. Love some of the Ball movement. See what I did there.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bulls didn’t play anywhere near to their capabilities, and yes to an inferior opponent…but, opening night on the road, getting a win is nice. Nobody will remember or care that it was a sloppy win if the bulls do some work this season
More importantly this is the exact game they blow in the past and you just chalk it up to those things and move on. Huge mental hurdle there.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nice win. Not sure why it took the first quarter for these guys to get it going but thankfully they did. Only 41 more wins to go….amirite

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
it’s crazy to me that some people still act like Zach is just a volume scorer. Just a Volume scorer doesn’t shoot 51% from the field and 42% from 3 for a whole season. And he’s still getting better

Last edited by a moderator:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
it’s crazy to me that some people still act like Zach is just a volume scorer. Just a Volume scorer doesn’t shoot 51% from the field and 42% from 3 for a whole season. And he’s still getting better
He’s definitely the main piece to build around. He’s not someone you get rid of. The question is did they acquire the right guys to make this finally work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
More importantly this is the exact game they blow in the past and you just chalk it up to those things and move one. Huge mental hurdle there.
This x 1,000. It's one of the things I mentioned in the prediction thread. They teams they should beat, they'll beat. No doubt this is going to be an offensively driven team. Sometimes the shots just don't fall. On to the Pelicans.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He’s definitely the main piece to build around. He’s not someone you get rid of. The question is did they acquire the right guys to make this finally work?
Agreed. I think they have a nice mix going right now. I do think they could use a big guy that defends and rebounds well. Not sure alize johnson is good enough for that role. Hopefully, Bradley can be that guy

if not, I could see coby being a trade piece to get that guy, once coby is healthy again

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
We could use an interior defensive presence. Daniel Gafford could've been that guy for us to give 15 solid minutes every night. I liked Gafford. Don't think they should've gotten rid of him

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We could use an interior defensive presence. Daniel Gafford could've been that guy for us to give 15 solid minutes every night. I liked Gafford. Don't think they should've gotten rid of him
Bulls weakest point is very much interior defense and will remain so until they acquire someone else to fill that hole.

Not sure what Patrick Williams can become. I figure he'll start very slow this year due to his injury.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I am expecting Caruso to give us more offensive production, but he was so active on the defensive end that I'd almost forgive his meager 3 points.

Ayo Dosunmo seems like he's going to become what we wanted Tony Snell to be for us. Love to see his aggressiveness and his willingness to shoot.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Is Simonovic not healthy? I was surprised he didn't play in preseason at all, figured he could provide some offense off the bench

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Is Simonovic not healthy? I was surprised he didn't play in preseason at all, figured he could provide some offense off the bench

I did see him in preseason for a few minutes. just think he's very raw