Why is it okay to write Dalton off after 2 games? But Fields...

The BrotherHood

Liked Posts:
Gets every excuse known to man. They're both new to the team but somehow Fields gets a 200 yard leash from the fans and media.

Nobody is asking Fields to set the world on fire as a rookie but my god, if you keep patting someone on the back after terrible performances they're not gonna get better.

At this point Field can go 0/20 5 int and 5 fumbles and you guys wpuld still get angry if someone says Fields sucks. You guys seems to think its a guarantee that Fields will start playing better with time so you get mad when we talk about the present.

Presently Fields is the worst qb in the league. I didnt hear anything about the o line and nagy when Dalton was starting. As a matter of fact you guys wanted nagy fired just for starting Dalton but, not as soon as he started yall claim nagy wants to ruin him.

This while situation is very intriguing, its the most interating story in the nfl. I have never saw the media and fans ruin a franchise like this. Dan Orlovsky is the go to excuse maker, he is onul pandering to you guys because he knows youre desperate for logical fallacies.

I give it another 3 weeks before you guys turn on fields.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields and Dalton are not equal. Dalton has 10 years. Fields has 4 starts.

I'd say after this season he better have shown some improvement or he'll join Dalton.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Judging a quarterback after his rookie season is stupid. Fields' talent is obvious. Off-season has to be about improving the o-line as much as possible. If he's playing like he did yesterday at this point next year, the Bears have a big problem.

The BrotherHood

Liked Posts:
Fields and Dalton are not equal. Dalton has 10 years. Fields has 4 starts.

I'd say after this season he better have shown some improvement or he'll join Dalton.
I dont care if he has 10 years in the nfl. He had no chance to build chemistry and he is new to the bears playbook. It's funny how you don't mention the o line and the coach every time name is brought up. You Bears fans are very hypocritical

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dalton has a much larger sample size, everyone knows who he is and what he brings to the table. Fields on the other hand is a rookie. It's better to find out who Fields is sooner rather than later (whether that's a bust, average NFL guy or a franchise QB remains to be seen).

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I dont care if he has 10 years in the nfl. He had no chance to build chemistry and he is new to the bears playbook. It's funny how you don't mention the o line and the coach every time name is brought up. You Bears fans are very hypocritical
If you can't figure out the difference between a rookie and a 10 year veteran....

Pretty much.

What do some of these folks even want this season to really look like? Here are our choices:

A - Play Dalton, continue this below average, Jr High Offense with this farce of a head coach. Finish middle of the pack (but don't beat anyone worth a damn) or, God forbid, sneak into the playoffs again ... and give Ownership an excuse to extend this regime?

B - Play your rookie QB and let him go thru the growing pains NOW (instead of delaying it to future seasons), AND either make your guru HC actually PROVE he can coach or send him packing so you can build around your Franchise QB INSTEAD OF WASTING MORE TIME, MONEY and RESOURCES THAN YOU ALREADY HAVE?

....these wins and losses mean absolutely nothing at this point unless we're getting Fields experience. We're is the debate here???

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don't sign a has been before he ever was QB to a 1 year contract expecting to go very far with him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Do you think we win the games against GB or TB with Dalton? If not then what would be the point of playing him. Of course we are giving Fields some slack, otherwise we have nothing to look forward to....

We have another hope this week if Nagy really is out of the picture and it ends up being the Lazor show all week in practice and on game day, And IF, Justin has a better showing, then we can all hope a new coach can develop him......

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hypocritical? He has had 10 years of data on him. Everyone knows what he is and isn't.
You have to know the difference between a veteran who has play 10 years and a rookie with 4 starts.

Justin will be judged soon enough, but don't act like Dalton hasn't had a chance.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Complete troll and bait thread. Very likely another alt account. Come on guys you have to sniff these out.

You'd be surprised. If you listen to chicago radio you'd hear a lot of guys like OP calling for dalton out there again.