Why is it okay to write Dalton off after 2 games? But Fields...

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hypocritical? He has had 10 years of data on him. Everyone knows what he is and isn't.
You have to know the difference between a veteran who has play 10 years and a rookie with 4 starts.

Justin will be judged soon enough, but don't act like Dalton hasn't had a chance.

Wish we started dalton yesterday, we coulda lost by 28 points instead of 35.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But you told me Fields athleticism made him a better choice.

...now he's "just a lil rookie be gentle. "
You told us you would stop posting and didn’t even leave for an hr so back off @sevvy .

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
You'd be surprised. If you listen to chicago radio you'd hear a lot of guys like OP calling for dalton out there again.
But that isn't what he is doing. Its a troll/alt/bait thread. "worst qb in the league", "you guys will turn on fields".

Even using the term "you guys". Total troll. Board has been full of them the last 2 weeks. Hard to wade through all the manure honestly.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Sometimes it's hard to figure Bears fans out. Playing Fields means living with the inevitable ups and downs of a rookie qb. It means this season isn't about winning games anymore. It's about Fields' long term development.

It sucks, because there are going to be games like yesterday, where an unready QB is facing an elite opponent behind a very bad offensive line. Did people think Fields was going to step onto the field and dominate and carry the Bears to a Super Bowl or something? I guess it's a product of our instant gratification culture but this isn't about this season, let alone any one game.

When the Bears traded two 1st round picks for a QB they changed the narrative. This is an exceedingly average team and nothing short of an elite QB is going to change that. I've seen enough to know Fields can be a good NFL quarterback. Wether or not he will be is anyone's guess. What I do know is that evaluation is a long way from being made.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
CCS: Dalton is shit Mitch is shit
Also CCS: How dare you compare Fields to shit QBs. Not fair.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But you told me Fields athleticism made him a better choice.

...now he's "just a lil rookie be gentle. "
He needs the experience. That's all I've wanted. Starting Dalton does nothing.

And now he needs a new coaching staff.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP,

I don't think anybody did write off Dalton. Fields has more upside and has the ability & potential to do things Dalton just cannot. People wanted to see him get the chance to learn & develop that. Nagy in his infinite wisdom decided to NOT do that, and put fields in the corner with the 2s & 3s for the entire preseason & first few weeks until Dalton got hurt.

Nagy then did not have Fields ready to go when needed due to Dalton's injury, and threw Fields into a Dalton offense based on timing & curl routes. No surprise he & the WRs weren't dialed in, nor were the OL protections.

Nagy fucked up in developing Fields. No 2 ways about it. He should've given him preseason work with the 1s, and the 1s work with him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He needs the experience. That's all I've wanted. Starting Dalton does nothing.

And now he needs a new coaching staff.

Legit, what a lot of people assumed would happen has happened.

Fields has exposed Nagy as a clown. There is no hiding anymore with a prospect the caliber of fields.

The BrotherHood

Liked Posts:
Pretty much.

What do some of these folks even want this season to really look like? Here are our choices:

A - Play Dalton, continue this below average, Jr High Offense with this farce of a head coach. Finish middle of the pack (but don't beat anyone worth a damn) or, God forbid, sneak into the playoffs again ... and give Ownership an excuse to extend this regime?

B - Play your rookie QB and let him go thru the growing pains NOW (instead of delaying it to future seasons), AND either make your guru HC actually PROVE he can coach or send him packing so you can build around your Franchise QB INSTEAD OF WASTING MORE TIME, MONEY and RESOURCES THAN YOU ALREADY HAVE?

....these wins and losses mean absolutely nothing at this point unless we're getting Fields experience. We're is the debate here???
So Fields playing good with prove that he is a good head coach? ? you're basically asking the coach to turn a piece of s*** into a gold brick. What you guys need to realize is the Bears roster sucks. No coach can win with that team

The BrotherHood

Liked Posts:
Hypocritical? He has had 10 years of data on him. Everyone knows what he is and isn't.
You have to know the difference between a veteran who has play 10 years and a rookie with 4 starts.

Justin will be judged soon enough, but don't act like Dalton hasn't had a chance.
Name another quarterback besides Dalton got completely disrespected by a fan base after only two games with a new team? Only Bears fans do this dumb stuff

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Dalton was always nothing more than a placeholder. Fans are ready to see what they have in Fields. Very few people actually believed Dalton was going to play all season. I’m not sure what you were expecting. It’s not about Dalton. Nobody cares about going 9-8 with Dalton and not knowing what we have in Fields. Why do you care about Andy Dalton? He had his time with the Bengals and he’s nothing more than some sort of short term placeholder now.

Great idea. Let’s play the guy on a one year deal whose existence here is nothing more than as a short term stand in for the rookie drafted first round because his fanboy on the Internet wants him to play. What does playing Andy Dalton do for this franchise? Win them some meaningless games while the first rounder sits and we‘re in the dark about what he actually brings? Let’s just delay the evolution of the franchise 2 years so we can play Andy Dalton. Great idea. All so we can keep his TCU or Bengals fanboys happy.

The BrotherHood

Liked Posts:
OP,

I don't think anybody did write off Dalton. Fields has more upside and has the ability & potential to do things Dalton just cannot. People wanted to see him get the chance to learn & develop that. Nagy in his infinite wisdom decided to NOT do that, and put fields in the corner with the 2s & 3s for the entire preseason & first few weeks until Dalton got hurt.

Nagy then did not have Fields ready to go when needed due to Dalton's injury, and threw Fields into a Dalton offense based on timing & curl routes. No surprise he & the WRs weren't dialed in, nor were the OL protections.

Nagy fucked up in developing Fields. No 2 ways about it. He should've given him preseason work with the 1s, and the 1s work with him.
A Dalton offense you say? ? wait a minute are you admitting that nagy does know how to Tailor and offense to fit his quarterback? ? I love for you to expound on that after everyone says Nagy is putting field in a bad position with his play calling

msadows

Liked Posts:
I say we should start 1 week IP banning anyone who creates an AE.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
I dont care if he has 10 years in the nfl. He had no chance to build chemistry and he is new to the bears playbook. It's funny how you don't mention the o line and the coach every time name is brought up. You Bears fans are very hypocritical

Racist

The BrotherHood

Liked Posts:
Dalton was always nothing more than a placeholder. Fans are ready to see what they have in Fields. Very few people actually believed Dalton was going to play all season. I’m not sure what you were expecting. It’s not about Dalton. Nobody cares about going 9-8 with Dalton and not knowing what we have in Fields. Why do you care about Andy Dalton? He had his time with the Bengals and he’s nothing more than some sort of short term placeholder now.
Well it's time to admit that the fans never gave Dalton a fair chance because they were too intrigued by the rookie. The criticism of Dalton was 100% unwarranted and illogical

The BrotherHood

Liked Posts:
I say we should start 1 week IP banning anyone who creates an AE.
What the hell are you talking about? You guys seem to think that I am a person that isn't new to this forum. I'll link you to my YouTube channel that is titled the Brotherhood sports so you can put a face on it if you guys are that desperate.