Fields and What is Best for Him

2Deep

Liked Posts:
At this point is it not a better idea to let Justin sit and learn and let the game slow down instead of getting him killed?

I am asking this as a legit question because I'm not sure if this is helping the kid.

I would start Dalton and let Fields sit and watch. I would bring back Fields for last 3 games of year. Lets face it, this team is not winning anything.

It is all about Justin Fields and his development.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Todd Bowles is a pretty good coordinator. It's not like he was playing the lions. Get a grip people.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
At this point is it not a better idea to let Justin sit and learn and let the game slow down instead of getting him killed?

I am asking this as a legit question because I'm not sure if this is helping the kid.

I would start Dalton and let Fields sit and watch. I would bring back Fields for last 3 games of year. Lets face it, this team is not winning anything.

It is all about Justin Fields and his development.
Keep him in there. Many great QB's started off like this. If he fight threw this and survives this it will only make him better. If not, then he was never gonna be the QB we thought he could be. One's mental makeup is huge in a situation like this. We know Mitch was fragile and we saw what happened. I believe Justin has the make up to battle threw this for the better

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Nope, he needs to have some successes to draw from, and we have a couple other teams that might just allow that....

Lazor needs to give him 1 read and a check down, so he can get into a rhythm. I know that is predictable, but you see it successful with Rookie QBs every year.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
What's best for Fields is, in my opinion, to let him work through his mistakes right now. So far, he hasn't shown an ounce of quit, so let him keep going until he's clearly outmatched.

And then hire Roman as HC next year.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whats best for Fields?

NO NAGY!

I said it all during the off season..I was afraid that Nagy and Dalton would ruin Fields, and I got vilified for it.

Looks like thats exactly whats happening

Last edited:

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Whats best for Fields?

NO NAGY!

I said it all during the off season..I was afraid that Nagy and Dalton would ruin Fields, and I got vilified for it.

Looks like thats exactly whats happening

You were vilified for ragging on Nagy??? Nagy hasn't had more than 3 or 4 supporters for like 2 years. Come on man.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Packers let Rodgers sit and now they're letting Love sit. Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith. But what do those guys know about developing QBs the bears are usually better at this kind of stuff.
You're cherry picking two of the better QBs we've seen in the past 20 years. Now do all of the QBs drafted who sat and didn't pan out

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
You were vilified for ragging on Nagy??? Nagy hasn't had more than 3 or 4 supporters for like 2 years. Come on man.
I got ragged on by a certain poster because I wasn't happy with Dalton schooling Fields which was approved by Nagy.
I shall hold the name of the poster back out of decency

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I got ragged on by a certain poster because I wasn't happy with Dalton schooling Fields which was approved by Nagy.
I shall hold the name of the poster back out of decency

I can buy that one poster opposed your position. I took you to mean that a majority opposed it. Very decent of you to withhold the name, it would probably start a whole thing.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can buy that one poster opposed your position. I took you to mean that a majority opposed it. Very decent of you to withhold the name, it would probably start a whole thing.
Yup..It would start a whole new thing..Thanks

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Nope, he needs to have some successes to draw from, and we have a couple other teams that might just allow that....

Lazor needs to give him 1 read and a check down, so he can get into a rhythm. I know that is predictable, but you see it successful with Rookie QBs every year.
And there has to be some designed QB runs. Use caution, obviously.

Make the defense have to react a little, please.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
You're cherry picking two of the better QBs we've seen in the past 20 years. Now do all of the QBs drafted who sat and didn't pan out
The QBs who succed starting their first year were the most pro ready QBs of their draft. Fields was never that. If the bears drafted Lawrence it would be a different scenario but they didn't.

For example Luck Manning Watson etc

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
He has honestly only looked bad when we played elite front 7's (Browns/Bucs), other than that his games have been what you expect from a rookie.

I think Fields looks bad now because we have a make shit RT spot and Fields is not quite good yet at diagnosing blitzes and coverages quickly enough. This only gets better if he plays.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He seems the type to get it and try and do it as coached but not yet up to speed. Of course we need to question the coaching but Fields seems to me like the kind of player that will struggle and then click in as opposed to gradually get there. Obviously, only a guess.