OT help coming soon.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
More so the fact that the bears don't know how to draft WR's and have historically had trouble finding solid ones in free agency.

Issue is, It also takes two to tango, so yea. Not sure a guy like Adams would want to come here. I'd take Mike Williams or Gallup over arob in a heartbeat, but not even sure they would want to come here unless we throw the bank at them.

The ineptitude of the Bears front office is irrelevant to the question of what part of ARob's physical attributes or overall "game" are irreplaceable.

The fact is there's nothing special that he brings to the table that can't easily be found in the draft or FA.

In the last 10 drafts, 8 wide receivers drafted in the first round have been selected to at least one Pro Bowl and 12 wide receivers drafted in the second round have been selected to at least one Pro Bowl.

I'll gladly take those odds even with Pace's dumb ass making the selection over paying 20+ million for a 30 year old possession WR that gives minimal effort unless he's the primary read.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm sure Nagy is annoyed that Peters put any information out there. Now Nagy will have to answer questions about the info Peters provided.

But fuck Nagy. Peters had been the most competent guy on the OL, and I appreciate some transparency from someone in the locker room
Peters for MVP

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
It looks an awful lot like AR has mentally checked out on the Bears.
Hopefully this surprises no one....I said to expect this all offseason while he was saying all the nice things.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact is there's nothing special that he brings to the table that can't easily be found in the draft or FA.

In the last 10 drafts, 8 wide receivers drafted in the first round have been selected to at least one Pro Bowl and 12 wide receivers drafted in the second round have been selected to at least one Pro Bowl.
Disagree, but Arob can fuck off. He has completely checked out.

Also:

A lot of people bring this up, so the question is why can't the Bears ever find one ?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
LMAO @ Bears fans that think ARob is irreplaceable.

Uncoverable speed like Tyreek Hill? Nope.
Insane ball skills like Hopkins? Nope.
Physical specimen like DK Metcalf? Nope.
A hard blocking max effort type guy like Hines Ward? Nope.

I'd love to hear what specifically is so irreplaceable about ARob.

His tape this season says otherwise. ?‍♂️

Ah yes, it'll be Bernard Berrian all over again.. how will we ever recover?!? lol
So the take is now that ARob is mediocre at his position. Awesome take

:deer:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah yeah we know Nagy fucked up training camp but how about taking some personal accountability Allen.... as far as I know there's not any rules preventing you from working out with him on your own time.

If I was ARob looking to cash in on one last contract you can bet your ass I would of been blowing up JF's phone the moment he was drafted asking when we could start working out.... I'd be staying late after every practice getting every extra rep I possibly could with the kid.

If he actually put in that type of extra effort he could possibly be worth the 20M+ he thinks he's worth. As it stands now there's no way I'd want him back next year regardless of price. Possession receiver with average speed, poor blocker, and gives minimal effort when doing so. Yeah, I'll pass. We can get that from literally any warm body at WR for a fraction of the cost.
100%. Allen Robinson was the only player on offense to not show up to voluntary workouts. He's been in IDGAF mode for a long time now.

Dude who posted about being the first one through the doeeee when its time to battle, has yet to even reach for the handle.

msadows

Liked Posts:
100%. Allen Robinson was the only player on offense to not show up to voluntary workouts. He's been in IDGAF mode for a long time now.

Dude who posted about being the first one through the doeeee when its time to battle, has yet to even reach for the handle.

To be fair, he kind of deserves to be in IDGAF mode. The bears haven't tried to reneg a deal with him for a long time now. He mentioned last year at this time they hadn't spoken since early march and talks were heavily apart. That was last year.....supposedly they didn't try to offer him anything this offseason either and knew they'd hand him the tag.

In that scenario i'd be pissed too. Ohh well, his loafing is only costing him money in the long run.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the take is now that ARob is mediocre at his position. Awesome take

:deer:

Uh the guy is currently sleep walking thru the season as the 71st ranked WR in the league with 23 catches, 250 yards, and 1 whole TD but sure, let's keep pretending he's still a top 10 WR in the league.... ?

The harsh reality is the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" business and lately ARob looks like "just another guy" out there going thru the motions collecting a paycheck. He's shown literally nothing this year to warrant the contract he's looking for.

20+ million for a glorified possession receiver with an oversized ego? No thanks.

Spend that money literally anywhere else where the ROI actually makes sense.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
We are going to move those deck chairs over there. It's going to be awesome. Listen to the band, pay no attention to the rising water.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Uh the guy is currently sleep walking thru the season as the 71st ranked WR in the league with 23 catches, 250 yards, and 1 whole TD but sure, let's keep pretending he's still a top 10 WR in the league.... ?

The harsh reality is the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" business and lately ARob looks like "just another guy" out there going thru the motions collecting a paycheck. He's shown literally nothing this year to warrant the contract he's looking for.

20+ million for a glorified possession receiver with an oversized ego? No thanks.

Spend that money literally anywhere else where the ROI actually makes sense.
Yeah, this season has been low production completely due to him.

it doesn’t matter that he plays for a shit coach, a shit system, with a shit offensive line, and a rookie QB that is playing behind said shit o line

but yeah, he suddenly just isn’t producing. Gee, I wonder why ?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah yeah we know Nagy fucked up training camp but how about taking some personal accountability Allen.... as far as I know there's not any rules preventing you from working out with him on your own time.

If I was ARob looking to cash in on one last contract you can bet your ass I would of been blowing up JF's phone the moment he was drafted asking when we could start working out.... I'd be staying late after every practice getting every extra rep I possibly could with the kid.

If he actually put in that type of extra effort he could possibly be worth the 20M+ he thinks he's worth. As it stands now there's no way I'd want him back next year regardless of price. Possession receiver with average speed, poor blocker, and gives minimal effort when doing so. Yeah, I'll pass. We can get that from literally any warm body at WR for a fraction of the cost.

Robinson is still a pretty good WR, prob is he started loafing when the passing game fell apart, going back to 2019. Looks like he plays half speed out there.

I questioned what I was seeing last year, but by now it's gone on long enough that I hit the fuck him point

Jeremy2020

Liked Posts:
Lmao at bears fans thinking wide receivers are so easily replaced. AR is obviously better than just any warm body

alas, we will watch as he leaves and goes on to light it up for a team with a real offensive identity and clue
I mean, he could always sign with the Jets

Brownie

Liked Posts:
" -- The head coach hasn't given us any updates on either of those two. --"

tbcbwcjpurs1dmxisle4.jpg

"We don't talk about scheme here.... That's 100% scheme. OneHundredPercent.."

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Fields and Jesse James got a lot of reps, but they are doing nothing together.......
I think Nagy secretly hates chemistry. Or at least undermines it (along with momentum) by over thinking and over complicating things in the name of showcasing his scheme and play calling acumen.

"No player is bigger than my scheme".

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Awkward....
"Coach, Allen mentioned that he and Fields didn't get much time together in the offseason as far as building chemistry. Looking back, what do you think you could have done better in that regard?"

mojc9ds3hx4f9izsyejx.jpg

"Yea..... Yea, uh.. I mean, that's real. Allen, uh... Justin...you know.. tha's real, and we all, I understand that. But at the same time: listen, no one expected Andy to get banged.. and be out. That's real, and I'm being completely honest with you all. At the same time, we can't live in the past. WE have to go out there in practice...and in the games and and fight for one another. And Allen understands that. We all do. We all need to do a better job -- as coaches AND players -- to get this thing righted, and keep building that chemistry and identity that we've found. MYSELF included..."