My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1635454470156.png

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
They should be keeping Borom at LT where he was at all off-season. Why do the Bears constantly move all these new guys around the line so much? You wonder why they suck? Maybe that has something to do with it. Let a guy learn one position and keep him there. Borom looked good in limited reps at LT. I don't like the back and forth.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Nope, leave guys at their best positions and just replace Mustipher next year. Stop this moving around BS the Bears always do.
I respectfully disagree. If a player is really struggling, replace him.

CCS is upset about Whitehair's contract.. let him try to earn it by kicking inside if the team asks.

Inside pressure is destructive to the QB. Fields needs some time to think. We need the best 5 guys out there.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
They should be keeping Borom at LT where he was at all off-season.
Put a rookie at LT and bench Peters?

If Borom is good enough to crack the lineup, and that's a big if, you put him where he can play and move the veterans around (like Whitehair or Ifedi).

Peters isn't playing poorly. Mustipher and Bars/Simmons are. Those are the 2 positions you should work on fixing before trying to upgrade other OL positions.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

If Borom is good enough to crack the lineup, and that's a big if, you put him where he can play and move the veterans around (like Whitehair or Ifedi).

Peters isn't playing poorly. Mustipher and Bars/Simmons are. Those are the 2 positions you should work on fixing before trying to upgrade other OL positions.
I would do Jenkins rt-borom g- move whitehair center-bench mustipher

this is assuming both borom and Jenkins are healthy if not borom at rt and bar at g bench mustipher whitehair center

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
This will help a lot, especially given that the schedule will get a bit easier over the coming weeks. Fields SHOULD get more time in the pocket.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not sure how ready Borom is at RT, but if its between Bars, Simmons or Borom, he may be the best option.

When Ifedi returns, I would really like to see Borom kick inside to RG and kick Whitehair to C if Mustipher doesn't improve.
Whoever it is will be lining up across from Nick Bosa so........................

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

I wouldn't bench Peters. I'd just keep Borom as the backup LT until he needs to play. I'd also play Jenkins at RT when he gets back.

The Bears are going to do this backwards. They think Jenkins is their LT and Borom is their RT. One of those guys is going to have to play outside of their natural position since both were RT's in college, and I just think Borom showed enough to me in pre-season and that first game at LT that I'd rather he stick at that spot and let Jenkins settle in at RT where he's most comfortable.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Why Whitehair at center and not Daniels?
Whitehair has experience there at nfl level. Mid season move for daniels wouldn’t be fair imo and likely fail. Time for daniels at center is starting out in the offseason

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully he didn’t dig deep into hot Cheetos and Taco Bell during his recovery and stayed in shape.
That's just it. How 'in shape' can you be when protecting your back. It will be a bit until his core is back.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not counting on him being back until after the Bye at the earliest.... then likely a couple of weeks to get into some shape. Then does he know the play book?
Is he able to out play Bars, or Simmons (yeah I know that is not hard).
Do you run the risk of injuring him again?

I would honestly say shut him down and if we are out of the playoffs, and he is healthy, give him a couple of games at the end of the year.
Why would you suggest shutting him down when you just listed all the things you don't know?

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
The cavalry needs to arrive.

I was looking at PFF scores today, and I know they are controversial, but Simmons had a 30. Never seen a score that low before.
I don't look at PFF so that number means nothing to me. But I'm not sure I've had the displeasure of seeing line play that bad....in a very long time if at all.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Whomst?

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Return? He was never there in the first place.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
TLDR: They are going to let Jenkins practice for three weeks and make a decision after.

I guess if you want him injured again, rush him out there to justify the trade up, and lose him for the start next year.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Interesting to follow up on this conversation now.

On Borom, the man is seriously flashing some quality LT skills. I know we probably will ride or die with Peters this season, but I keep Borom at RT until Peters gets hurt, and then move him over to LT and leave him there.

Assuming health, when Jenkins gets back, I would ease him in by starting him at right guard. Keep Borom at RT. Then as loathe as I am to give him another chance at it, you kick in Daniels to center and hope this time he finds his voice.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Interesting to follow up on this conversation now.

On Borom, the man is seriously flashing some quality LT skills. I know we probably will ride or die with Peters this season, but I keep Borom at RT until Peters gets hurt, and then move him over to LT and leave him there.

Assuming health, when Jenkins gets back, I would ease him in by starting him at right guard. Keep Borom at RT. Then as loathe as I am to give him another chance at it, you kick in Daniels to center and hope this time he finds his voice.
Or once Jenkins can play, just put him in at RT, slide Borom to LT and let Peters ride the pine. Peters is a long-time vet and a true pro: he'd know what's up.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Or once Jenkins can play, just put him in at RT, slide Borom to LT and let Peters ride the pine. Peters is a long-time vet and a true pro: he'd know what's up.

Peters is actually playing at a high level now. Not willing to mess with that barring injury.