Looks like we got Pau Gasol again...

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched every possession this season and I´m already a little tired of Vuc.

I get some major flashbacks of watching Pau Gasol when he was here.

He is afraid to bang with the big guys inside the paint.

Defensively he never gets a hand up, everyone is just shooting over him.
Too slow to block shots either.

Offensively he is shooting way too many threes.

We get murdered inside every game. I don´t see the effort and the hustle right now we need him to bring.
Shots not falling some nights, but on the other side of the floor this is not enough for an Allstar!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched every possession this season and I´m already a little tired of Vuc.

I get some major flashbacks of watching Pau Gasol when he was here.

He is afraid to bang with the big guys inside the paint.

Defensively he never gets a hand up, everyone is just shooting over him.
Too slow to block shots either.

Offensively he is shooting way too many threes.

We get murdered inside every game. I don´t see the effort and the hustle right now we need him to bring.
Shots not falling some nights, but on the other side of the floor this is not enough for an Allstar!
I told everyone this would happen if you put him on an island.

He was battling...but we expect him to be three men and take on two wherever he is on the court.

Front court has no legitimate depth to face a typical team with 3 good bigs.

If your guards box out and rebound like mother fuckers it can be ok, and ours are trying, but the guy is hung out to dry.

Best you can do in that situation is put your body on the opposing center and hope your team wins the ball and gets everything that makes it to the floor.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Vuc has been pretty bad..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He's been bad, but let's give it some time. I'm not willing to give up on him yet.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who has played center surrounded by 4 guards?!

It fucking sucks!! You got limbs and elbows all over you, multiple bodies breaking in the lane, and even if you muscle up and box your man out you end up in a wrestling match with other forwards.

I fucking told you guys we were asking too much of him. He isn't a defender and playing him as the only big is putting him in a shooting slump.

A shooter needs to feel in tune with their body. It's delicate. It's pure. You can't be bruised up and in a 40 minute wrestling match 2 vs 1.

I hated being the biggest guy on my team when injury or absence occured. Just give me a big body to cancel out the other teams biggest body and I'll go get all the boards.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who has played center surrounded by 4 guards?!

It fucking sucks!! You got limbs and elbows all over you, multiple bodies breaking in the lane, and even if you muscle up and box your man out you end up in a wrestling match with other forwards.

I fucking told you guys we were asking too much of him. He isn't a defender and playing him as the only big is putting him in a shooting slump.

A shooter needs to feel in tune with their body. It's delicate. It's pure. You can't be bruised up and in a 40 minute wrestling match 2 vs 1.

I hated being the biggest guy on my team when injury or absence occured. Just give me a big body to cancel out the other teams biggest body and I'll go get all the boards.

No you are not and for some reason Im just not worried about Vuc . I just dont see him as being a guy who scrimmages in the offseason so our lack of size in combination with our new pace and his new role on both offense and defense its taking him a minute to adjust.

I do think they do need a banger to play next to him for a even just a few minutes because being the only screener with size on the team will eventually take its toll.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I haven't noticed him whining to the refs on every play atleast. That and constantly blowing into his hands annoyed the hell out me about Pau.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Vuc just needs to relax and play with confidence. He’s playing way too rushed in the post when he decides to bang down there, or he’s playing too passive and not looking to score. The good news is that despite playing poorly for most of the game, he’s making big plays in the 4th. He’s also an all-star player and this slump is very out of the ordinary. One would think he snaps out of it sooner than later.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vuc is too good of a player to be averaging 13 ppg on 38% shooting for a whole season. He'll get better

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean, Eastern Conference all star starter, Pau Gasol?

I wonder what would happen to this team if you remove Vucevic and his 11 rebounds per game. Yes, he's in a shooting slump right now. But he's a 5 man that defenses have to respect enough to cover at the three point line. DeRozan and LaVine are having a feeding frenzy right now and Vucevic is a factor in that. I sincerely doubt he goes a whole year shooting 42% from two and 27% from three.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I've made this same comparison before. There are a lot of similarities. I think the main difference now is that Pau Gasol was brought here to be our 2nd best player. Vuc is here to be one of our Big 4.

So it's not like Pau was a bad signing or disappointing in any way, it's just that this team is much deeper and much more talented. There's less pressure put on individual players

It's very encouraging to see Vuc remain so level headed and stoic about his early season scoring struggles. The confidence this team has is palpable even as they play through their struggles. That's that veteran presence.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Pau gasol was good but there was something missing when he was here. Something Carlos boozer had. Not sure what it is. I missed boozer even though he sucked at defense.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pau gasol was good but there was something missing when he was here. Something Carlos boozer had. Not sure what it is. I missed boozer even though he sucked at defense.
The oddly interesting thing is with Boozer the Bulls were load better at defense.

With Gasol, their D-rating dropped out of the Top 10.

2010-11: 11th Offense, 2nd Defense
2011-12: 5th Offense, 2nd Defense
2012-13: 23rd Offense, 6th Defense
2013-14: 28th Offense, 2nd Defense
----- (Boozer amnestied) ------
2014-15: 11th Offense, 11th Defense
2015-16: 23rd Offense, 15th Defense (Thibs fired, Hoiberg hired)

Now, certainly not the only factor in the Bulls defensive collapse. They seemed to go for more offense in general in 2014-15 with picking up Gasol, McDermott, Niko, and Aaron Brooks.. all guys not known for playing defense.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The oddly interesting thing is with Boozer the Bulls were load better at defense.

With Gasol, their D-rating dropped out of the Top 10.

2010-11: 11th Offense, 2nd Defense
2011-12: 5th Offense, 2nd Defense
2012-13: 23rd Offense, 6th Defense
2013-14: 28th Offense, 2nd Defense
----- (Boozer amnestied) ------
2014-15: 11th Offense, 11th Defense
2015-16: 23rd Offense, 15th Defense (Thibs fired, Hoiberg hired)

Now, certainly not the only factor in the Bulls defensive collapse. They seemed to go for more offense in general in 2014-15 with picking up Gasol, McDermott, Niko, and Aaron Brooks.. all guys not known for playing defense.
Boozer was a poor individual defender, but an excellent team defender. He knew where he was supposed to rotate to and be. He was a high IQ player, with some physical limitations defensively

“Gimme Dat!”

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Boozer was a poor individual defender, but an excellent team defender. He knew where he was supposed to rotate to and be. He was a high IQ player, with some physical limitations defensively

“Gimme Dat!”
I preferred "Grab dat Jo". I think that the key to team defense. Boozer telling Noah to grab rebounds / loose balls.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I preferred "Grab dat Jo". I think that the key to team defense. Boozer telling Noah to grab rebounds / loose balls.
Haha yeah, tell the guy that can do it well to do it. Booze was definitely a great teammate